Home

FIFA 2006 World Cup in Germany

lukeiamyourdad

That stupid fouls (thank you, RC :xp: ) happen, like Rooney's. There is no explaination, they just happen.

Rooney could have done something worse, then kicking someone in the nuts. Although it's a stupid action of him, and it ruiined England, it's just the 'flow' of the game that makes players do it, imo.

Well, up until the push, he was fine. Even if he was given a foul, it would not have gotten him any kind of card. He was simply angry at Ronaldo for being a bit too pushy and requesting that Rooney be sent off for it.

According to some reports, Ronaldo was trying to push Rooney's temper to the limit from the beginning of the game.

Being a regular soccer player, I came across many like Christiano Ronaldo (if true) who try to push you into comitting a violent act. It can be really hard to keep your temper and concentration in these cases. I never went so far as to push someone, but I certainly felt like doing it. It just shows the lack of sportsmanship of some.

@ Topic (FINALLY)

Zidane will stop after this tournament, aye. This means there will be only 2 matches that we can see him play. That's to bad. The way he played the last matches, i realy hoped he'd go on for another season.

So people: Watch him while you still can.

After this tournament, there will be no more Zizou.

Truly, he can go on for quite a while. He's barely 33 years old. Oh well, if he wants to retire, no one can do anything about it. Too bad though, up to now, I would say he's the best player in the tournament.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he did it on purpose god damn it ......i saw it with my own eyes ...WORLD CHAPIONS would be FRANCE second place GERMANY third place PORTUGAL!!!!!!!

sorry to disagree but ... i think 1st place Germany, 2nd place France, 3rd place Italy or maybe Portugal..... sooo ya Germany all the way !

Deutschland! Deutschland! Deutschland!

They better win!

Oh and somebody better hit Christiano Ronaldo again. Hit him hard. Very hard. So he can cry like the little whiny girl he is. I hope Rooney will have a nice talk with him in the ManU locker room. Nice long talk with his fists.

Brazil deserved to get kicked out. 0 shot on target. You don't shoot, you don't score.

count on the germans to do that... so far they are pretty much the best team if not tied with france... they have everything agression, defense, and awesome offense they are almost unstopable, specially with Ballack at mid, Podolsky and Misoslav Klose as strikers, ohh and also Oliver neuvile, plus the goalkeeper that never made a mistake in the penalty shootout, Lehmann which was taught by the best goalkeeper in the world Oliver Khan.... yeah i think the germans are pretty much the best team right now wouldnt you say ?.... Go Germany !!!

sorry to disagree but FRANCE is the best team right now, did you saw how zizou played against brazil??? besides this is his goodbye world cup so france has very good motive to be the best again and dont forget that generation was the best back in 1998 and are the best right now zidane,henry,viera,ribery,maluda.......FRANCE ALL THE WAY....sorry gemany but you r time past back in 1990 hehehe when klinsman sammer and bierhoff were still playin... i do hope someone will hit rooney in his balls HARD so he could understand why Ronaldo was pissed off!! i would be to if some creep hit my friend in balls;but instead of ronaldo i ll brake that creep s legs!!!!!!!!! by the way rooney will not have a chance to talk to him cos he wont be in ManU much longer as you know Portugal kid is going to Santiago Bernabeu to play for royal club REAL MADRID....it wount help cos as long as Barca has Ronaldinho Real is out of picture they can buy whoever they want

We'll see I'd say.;) Portugal played well so far. And now Deco come's back. Also Zidane has to be careful. Another yellow card an he misses his next match. Argentina was probably the thoughest team. My Final is Germany vs. Portugal.:D

And I have to say that so far nobody here call's the Germans Nazis and stuff for the Match. I'm happy about that, beacause on youtube.com you'll find tons of comments calling us Nazis and stuff like that.

sorry to disagree but FRANCE is the best team right now, did you saw how zizou played against brazil??? besides this is his goodbye world cup so france has very good motive to be the best again and dont forget that generation was the best back in 1998 and are the best right now zidane,henry,viera,ribery,maluda.......FRANCE ALL THE WAY....sorry gemany but you r time past back in 1990 hehehe when klinsman sammer and bierhoff were still playin... i do hope someone will hit rooney in his balls HARD so he could understand why Ronaldo was pissed off!! i would be to if some creep hit my friend in balls;but instead of ronaldo i ll brake that creep s legs!!!!!!!!! by the way rooney will not have a chance to talk to him cos he wont be in ManU much longer as you know Portugal kid is going to Santiago Bernabeu to play for royal club REAL MADRID....it wount help cos as long as Barca has Ronaldinho Real is out of picture they can buy whoever they want

this is a whole new team my friend..... maybe your right and maybe im right but if f4ance and germany go at it in the final its gonna be the most intence game in the 2006 world cup since they are both great teams.....

P.S. I know what you mean HQ|Delta 07 its ok i get it all the time too... but they are just jealous cuz their crappy teams had nothing on us....

Zidane is the best player in the French team, true, but without him out in the front, i think the rest of the team are in a lost state not knowing what to do. the french won against brazil because of Zidane's free kick, so yeah, if he is out there and plays extra cool, france do have a decent chance at the World Cup

he did it on purpose god damn it ......i saw it with my own eyes ...

Yeah, I certainly didn't watch the game. I had blindfolds on and was trying to guess what was happening by listening to the various sounds :dozey:

It was an accident. Period. I remember Emmanuel Petit getting stepped on the balls back in 1998. No cards, no nothing.

As for the Real Madrid thing, he got the call, but there's no confirmation yet. Alex Ferguson might want to keep the a-hole at ManU because he has some uses.

Zidane is the best player in the French team, true, but without him out in the front, i think the rest of the team are in a lost state not knowing what to do.

Quite true. That was the problem with the french team before Zidane's return.

I'll be happy as long as Italy and Portugal don't make it to the finals. I don't want to watch divefest 2006.

Geht Deustchland!

Hopefully they will. Afterall, it is the most watched sporting event in the world. I would avoid it if it was an Italy-Portugal final though. Both are known for diving (faking injuries and fouls) and Portugal seems to like to provoke people to violence.

Looking at the statistics, this was a very defensive World Cup. Up to now, only 131 goals in 60 games have been scored as opposed to 161 in 64 games back in 2002. The only other WC with such a low amount of goals being scored was Italy 1990. Quite sad really...

They will. Although Frings isn't allowed to play, because of the footage where he "hits" Cruz. Cruz said that Frings hadn't hit him or at least he felt nothing. Well now Borowski plays for him. He did a good job the last games.

The german defense was really good the last games. Friedrich-Mertesacker-Metzelder-Lahm did an excellent Job, especially Friedrich in the Germany-Argentina match. To me it seems that the Italiens don't like fast football. They prefer slow football. And Germany has an excellent runner with David Odonkor. It's awesome how fast he can run. He could be Italy's worst Nightmare.:D

^^

Klose is also a force to be reckoned

Klose is easily the best striker this year, IMO. He's so getting the golden boot this WC. The closest contenders are Thierry Henry, and Lukas Podolski.

Odonkor, too is a dangerous guy, with his agility. He can do the job right, if he wants to.

Archived