Home

USM for K1

MdKnightR

I would like for the creators of the Ultimate Saber Mod to undertake making a USM for K1. Lets face it, until oldflash came along, there was a severe lack of good saber hilts for that game. I am not suggesting anything as grandiose as the one for TSL with all of the different color blades for movie sabers and the like, but I would like to see Juhani, Bastilla, and Jolee have their own hilts as well as Yuthura Ban, Master Uthar, and Malak with more menacing looking hilts. I think that whatever hilt Bastilla uses for her LS Yellow blade should be the same as the one she uses for the DS Red blade to make it look like she only changed the crystal. Come on almighty and much worshipped creators of the USM....how about giving K1 some much needed attention?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am actually working on this mod right now, well I have been working on it for about 2 months when I have the time.

It's more than just sabers though, it's unique weapons for all of the important npc's in the game, plus a few more treats added that I'll talk about later. But for the sabers I have made one for Bastila, Malak and Jolee, though jolee's is still being skinned. All of the weapons will be intergrated into the game in a similar manner as they were with USM. I'll post a wip thread next week with all the details of the mod.

For the time being you can look at a few screens I uploaded to my K1 wip gallery, http://gallery97455.fotopic.net/c282048_25.html , I haven't cleaned it out in a while so there will be old stuff in there from previous mods, but the last few pages will have the new items that I've either completed or are still in progress.

Edit: here is a list of npc's that I've either made weapons for or are planned.

Bastila :Yellow Double saber, done.

Carth: Blaster pistol, done.

Bendak Starkiller, Heavy blaster pistol, done

Canderous: Ordo's Heavy Repeating blaster, done

Saul Carath: Hold out blaster, done

Calo Nord: Dual Mandalorian Heavy Blaster pistols, done

Darth Malak: Lightsaber ( same model that I made for USM except I remapped the UV and made a new skin), Done, but I may tweak it some more.)

Zaalbar: BowCaster, Almost done.

ZaalBar: Bacca'a blade, planned.

HK-47: Blaster Rifle(stylized on a AK-47) ;) , WIP, but there are screens of it in my wip gallery.

Jolee: Lightsaber, WIP

Juhani: Lightsaber, WIP

Darth Bandon: WIP

I forgot about Yuthura Ban and Master Uthar, so I'll make sabers for them as well. Any ideas for thier sabers.

Also if I'm missing any other important npc's, let me know(excluding the arena contenders those may already be a possibility.

What about a reskin/remodel of Missions Vibro Blade?
Thats a good idea.

For Yuthura I would do a hilt based a a Jedi-ish model but with dark colors, sort of like Vaders. I mean after all you can trun her from her dark path so she can't be ALL bad right? ;)

Ya, I was thinking a more traditional Jedi looking hilt, she was found by jedi and I think she was partly trained by jedi. ,but i'm still open to design idea's :)

Hi T7, thankyou for working on perhaps the greatest mode ever made for kotor 1. I can't wait for you to release it but is not like I have a choice. I am currently playing a recently started game and I just got to Lower Taris. I think that I'll stop playing it untill this mod is out. Can you allow me a couple of suggestions though?

1.-Please, could you make an option for Bastila to be single bladed? Some of us prefer Bastila to use a single saber so if you could make a single version of her hilt, that would be awesome. We just would have to choose between installing the single blade or the double blade saber.

2.-In any manner I want to be offensive with this but could you talk to Oldflash so you both agree to include all his sabers into this mod? He has made a lot of hilts, the best for kotor 1 in my opinion and they can all be used to replace the in game regular sabers. Perhaps a nit of work of him would be required as they are missing some replacement for some double sabers and the short sabers. Think about it, the uggly original kotor 1 saber hilt would be not longer a problem :)

Thaks againg for modding and making all this possible! Happy New Year!

^

1) This is a possibilty, I have made Bastila use a single bladed saber in one playthrough, so I can understand the appeal. I'm not going to promise anything, but I think the double saber I made for her could also be converted into a single, I Just haven't looked into the extent I would have to go to to give her the proper feats. Changing npc feats isn't as easy in K1 as it is for K2.

2) Well I don't think it would really be nesssary to include oldflashes sabers into this mod as his saber replacements do stand on there own and wouldn't conflict with anything I'm doing.

How about the Sword of Ajunta Pall? I know he isn't a major NPC, but the sword is certainly made out to be much more than it is in game.

I looked at your wip shots, T7. Those weapons look amazing! I haven't played K1 in ages, but this will definitely warrant another go at it. Amazing job so far! :thumbsup:

I don't think the <FullName>'s code works in KotOR.

I believe it does actually.. or something similar to it.

When you talk to Zaalbar after the Leviathan he says something along the lines of "I did not swear my life debt to Darth Revan, I swore it to you <FullName> (or something like that). ;)

Chuundar's Bowcaster, Ajunta's sword, The One and the Sand People chief's Gaffy(?) sound like good idea's. I'm not going to bother making unique lightsabers for the three DJ on the SF, since their role in the game is tiny, but I will probably do what I did in USM and Give them XKun's stylized saber. ;)

@The_Maker, <FullName> only works in dialogs for K1, OE added the functionality to use it in uti's for K2.

ps. I do have some bad news which will delay work on this mod though, last night my PC's Mobo died so I will only have intermitant access to my Roomates PC, until I can get my PC up and running again.

Well I was trying to get oldflash to make this one for Malak.

1540_saber.jpg

But since you already have one in mind for him, perhaps this could be Uthar's saber (or even the Sith saber that you retrieve during the test on Korriban).

As for the suggestion for a single-bladed Bastilla option, I second the motion. If you do this, could you make it to where she wields it in the battle with Malak on the Leviathan. I was annoyed when I played her through the game with a single blade and then she whips out a doubleblade for that battle (even though there wasn't one in our inventory). But, still, whatever you do, PLEASE make her Yellow Saber and Red Saber the same hilt.

1540_saber.jpg

But since you already have one in mind for him, perhaps this could be Uthar's saber (or even the Sith saber that you retrieve during the test on Korriban).

As for the suggestion for a single-bladed Bastilla option, I second the motion. If you do this, could you make it to where she wields it in the battle with Malak on the Leviathan. I was annoyed when I played her through the game with a single blade and then she whips out a doubleblade for that battle (even though there wasn't one in our inventory). But, still, whatever you do, PLEASE make her Yellow Saber and Red Saber the same hilt.

This is off topic and apologies for it being so...

That's Dark Woman's lightsaber, is it not?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/FenixDarkblaze/1540_saber.jpg

No offense but that looks more like a feminine than masculine lightsaber and would probably suit Uthera more than Uthar. If you can find out who designed that it would be nice. I would really prefer to have the orignal creators blessing before using the design.

As for Bastila on the leviathan pulling out a double when she should use a single. The saber is probably equiped through a cutscene script, I've delt with that many times before so it wouldn't be a problem to change.

As for Bastila on the leviathan pulling out a double when she should use a single. The saber is probably equiped through a cutscene script, I've delt with that many times before so it wouldn't be a problem to change.

I would hope that change would be an optional part of your mod; while I can certainly understand the appeal of Bastila with just a regular lightsaber, I hate to mess with a classic so I always leave Bastila with her default double blade.

I'm really excited about this mod T7, it sounds like just the thing I've been waiting for to get me back into playing kotor1 again. I just hope that I'll be able to obtain those special weapons of the enemies after defeating them.

If I may make a few suggestions: I would like to see Zaalbar come with his own personalized melee weapon, either in the form of a Wookiee War Blade, or maybe the war blade cut in half so that it's a one handed sword. Nothing so powerful as Bacca's Blade of course, but it's an idea.

I noticed you were working on a AK-47 for HK-47 (you gotta love the irony), but one of those really long clone trooper rifles would really suit him too. I just think the standard blaster rifles are too small for him, since he's so tall and can carry huge weapons according to his profile. Just something to think about. :launcher:

@Master Kavar , Yes the Single bladed saber for Bastila will deffinately be optional.

I have played through with her wielding a single and it does make more sense for her to use one considering the pre rendered cutscene has her wielding a single when she confronts Revan., But I've learned from past mods about forcing people to play the game a certain way, its easyer just to provide options. ;)

Right now the only plans for a blade for Zaalbar will be a new model for Bacca's blade which you will have obtain through normal gameplay.

As for HK, I feel a normal sized blaster rifle suits him more, since he is an assasin droid and the AK-47 style for him just makes me smile. :)

@Slipstreme, when bastila turns DS, her saber will turn red, I might add some properties geared toward a DS player but right now it will just be a red version of her saber.

Archived