Home

RaginCajun Post

rhinomatt

Do you want the combat to go realtime?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the combat to go realtime?

• No Way!
    • Yes

"LucasArts: KOTOR 3, Mercenaries 2

LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary, Knights of the Old Republic 3, in development with Obsidian Development, is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 -- most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions between party members. We predict the combat system will go entirely realtime, as opposed to partially realtime (the way it was in KOTOR 1 and 2), and RPG fans will be able to enjoy more distinct shades of gray recognized by characters instead of the black and white distinctions made in the first two iterations of the series."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/680/680220p1.html

Do you want the combat to go realtime?

i think it would spoil the KOTOR saga.

While I don't know much about a KotOR 3 myself, I can just advise you to take these predictions with a huge grain of salt. At the beginning of that article, they link back to their 2005 predictions, and contrary to way they claim, those were pretty much off the mark in most cases.

Though it is just some prediction from IGN, I think the game being completely real-time is a good idea.

But, they're just predictions. There might not even be a KOTOR3, they might just decide to let people imagine what happens next.

Deja vu. Where did I see this again...

I am not really sure wheter to trust that article or not, since it is a prediction for X-Box. And I don't like things related to consoles in any way. They are garbage if you ask me.

On topic: It depends... On how they make it. It's all right; as long as it doesn't have a strategic and completely turn-based approach.

In fact, if the game is really being done by Obsidian, then it most likely uses the Unreal 3 Engine.

However, remember recent comments by Obsidian's CEO Feargus Urquehardt were he said that they would love to do another KotOR for LucasArts. That he chose to say this makes me think that they are not working on the game; he could have just kept mum about the topic otherwise...

Yeah, but where there's smoke...

I actually hope this one is speculation. As much as I crave the next game in the series, I would rather wait and it be done right.

If there are changes made, then I hope at least they keep in mind the previous two and keep it congruent. If I want a totally different game, then I'll go buy a totally different game.

I need Kotor to stay Kotor.

I don't think they will change things this radically. If you look a recent sequels (Batlefront II, Jedi Academy and The Sith Lords), you will note that LucasArts has been laying it very safe with their big franchises recently. And I think they will keep it that way with KotOR, their second biggest franchise after Battlefront.

Archived