Home

Knights of the Old Republic's Cut Content

The Doctor

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I played only two or three games as lightsider with Korriban so early that I was able to visit Dantooine afterwards, so I could mix up some details, but he was there. And I'm 90% sure he was in the area where the workbench is. I think he's wearing a blue Jedi robe.

Well, that is definately a new one to me :eek:

I never knew that!

But of course I only ever returned to Dantooine just a few times.

I'll have to try this next time I play.

Thanks for the heads up :)

T7, the Master and Apprentice scene I was reffering to occurs in module "danm13_s.rim", the Master's name is Tarelook and the apprentice is Garrum, and if I'm reading it right I think the master was a Twi'lek. After the arguement played it seems like you could talk to Tarelook about the Jedi Code, the tainted grove, and all that stuff.

You know, what I'd like to see is a good mod to recruit Yuthura after saving her on Korriban, you know, when she shows up on Dantooine. It would be nice to see her join you as a lightsider. (Or even a gray-sider)

There is a mod to recruit Yuthura on Korriban.

http://alvin777t.tripod.com/

The only problem with Dantooine is that it would limit you to have to go to Korriban early,

since it's not available after the Leviathan.

There is a mod to recruit Yuthura on Korriban.

http://alvin777t.tripod.com/

The only problem with Dantooine is that it would limit you to have to go to Korriban early,

since it's not available after the Leviathan.

yes, I knew of this one, but IIRC, it doesn't have dialog, or some such?

I was asking about a fully 'dialoged' mod.

Oh, and I always go to Korriban 2nd anyway, so it wouldn't bother me :D

I played only two or three games as lightsider with Korriban so early that I was able to visit Dantooine afterwards, so I could mix up some details, but he was there. And I'm 90% sure he was in the area where the workbench is. I think he's wearing a blue Jedi robe.

He is indeed there. Korriban is typically my last planet despite that it's the second one I go to (but I don't do the last Tomb until after I discover I'm Revan). Luckily I had it saved right before going to the Tomb so I went back to Dantooine and sure enough Kel was there in the training room.

kelalgwnn4pi.th.jpg

What strikes me odd is that Yuthura is still in her Sith uniform!

yuthuraban3ts.th.jpg yuthuraban20ib.th.jpg

What strikes me odd is that Yuthura is still in her Sith uniform!

Would take a little bit of modding, but she should be able to be put in to a robe or something similar. Maybe a nice set of armour ..

I haven't got K1 installed (its on my hard drive but as I switched comps it isn't working) but it should be an easy fix to make. One utc change, one appearance.2da change.

Might have to learn to use that Patcher prog and make the change. Hmm, let me take a look (and then get completely confused with it) and I will make it so Yuthura is wearing a robe of some sort on Dantooine.

Edit: Changed the utc file. Made the robe. Made a new texture for the robe. :D Now to learn how to use the patcher! *cries*

He is indeed there. Korriban is typically my last planet despite that it's the second one I go to (but I don't do the last Tomb until after I discover I'm Revan). Luckily I had it saved right before going to the Tomb so I went back to Dantooine and sure enough Kel was there in the training room.

Well, tar and feather me and call me 'Big Bird' :) I never knew he showed up there. That is definately a new one to me.

Thanks for the pic :) I am going to have to try that out next time I play.

Would take a little bit of modding, but she should be able to be put in to a robe or something similar. Maybe a nice set of armour ..

I haven't got K1 installed (its on my hard drive but as I switched comps it isn't working) but it should be an easy fix to make. One utc change, one appearance.2da change.

Might have to learn to use that Patcher prog and make the change. Hmm, let me take a look (and then get completely confused with it) and I will make it so Yuthura is wearing a robe of some sort on Dantooine.

Edit: Changed the utc file. Made the robe. Made a new texture for the robe. :D Now to learn how to use the patcher! *cries*

Not to take the thread off topic, but I always thought it would be cool if she had a less dark sided appearance in her face on Dantooine. Just something to think about.

Sometimes I wonder if Yuthura was actually meant to be a playable character at one time (in pre-production or something). It just seems strange to me that she has an entire back story AND you can ask her to join you, twice.

^^^ That is possible, and they might have cut that when they cut Sleheyron. Her backstory revolved around that planet so there wouldn't be much point to making her recruitable if her personal quest didn't lead back to that planet. She was definitely an interesting character.

It's also possible the devs just wanted to add some people to save for the lightside players. ;)

^^^ That is possible, and they might have cut that when they cut Sleheyron. Her backstory revolved around that planet so there wouldn't be much point to making her recruitable if her personal quest didn't lead back to that planet. She was definitely an interesting character.

It's also possible the devs just wanted to add some people to save for the lightside players. ;)

I always wondered about something... If you kill of Juhani on Dantooine rather then reform her, who takes that spot?

^^^ No one, I have thought it would be a good way of introducing a recruitable though without getting in the way of the other characters.

T7, the Master and Apprentice scene I was reffering to occurs in module "danm13_s.rim", the Master's name is Tarelook and the apprentice is Garrum, and if I'm reading it right I think the master was a Twi'lek. After the arguement played it seems like you could talk to Tarelook about the Jedi Code, the tainted grove, and all that stuff.

I found the dialog's for each character which don't seem connected to a utc, but I'm not able to find the dialog for the cutscene your are refering to.

And yes it does look like both characters were Twi' lek, so it wouldn't be difficult to add the npc's to the module to activate the dialog, although the content of the dialogs isn't real important to the story it might be cool to see the cutscene.

Can you post the file name of the dialog for that cutscene.

@T7, dan13_cort . "Cort" for the cortosis explination that follows I assume. Now incase anyone's curious I'll play out the scene.

**I believe the scene starts out with the Apprentice practising with his vibroblade, possibly against his master**

Garrum: This is futile master! Why must you keep me back like this? Why can I not learn to fight with a real lightsaber?

Tareelok: Do not underestimate the strength of your Cortosis blade, young padawan.

Garrum: It is not a lightsaber! It is nothing!

Tareelok: And perhaps that is the reason you have not advanced to lightsaber training.

You are too headstrong, too overeager to move on without the knowledge necessary to use what you learn.

A lightsaber is a delicate and subtle weapon. One that can cause great harm to its weilder if not used properly.

I believe we have trained enough for now. Reflect on what you have learned, Padawan. Through learning comes knowledge.

Garrum: There is no ignorance. There is knowledge.

Yes, Master. Thank you.

**From here the two seperate and the PC can talk to them individually**

After thinking about it a bit, I wonder if this Master Tareelok was an early version of Master Zhar? No indication of the genders of either Jedi, so I assume that anyone who wanted to restore this could use whatever twi'lek type they liked.

^^^ Well actually looking at the sound thats set for garrum, it seems he is an Ithorian during the sparring and when their done there training he turns into a twi' lek.

Really though the two npc's could be any type of alien with fighting animations. They wouldn't have to be twi'lek, it could be a Wookiee and Rodian or a Duros and Gamorrian. ;)

There was also supposed to be a "good" Hutt living somewhere on Dantooine, although I can't remember which module I saw the dialogue in.

That would be Shuma the Hutt, also in module danm13_s. He seemed like an interesting enough character, since he gave you a little bit more background information on the Sith conquest and breaking Hutt stereotypes. I can only assume he was later replaced by the two Twi'lek merchants, since that enclosed area is the only place large enough to house a hutt.

I also believe the Dantoine Academy sublevel was supposed to be there: I opened the doors at the other end of the enclave with a script (hehe yes, they can be opened ;) )and the corridor leading to the room with the fountains is there (but room is not there at the end).

Juhani also has some planet descriptions and additional comments about Canderous and about Revan.

...and the Iriaz: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/iriaz1.jpg (it's supposed to be on Dantoine, not Tatoine)

Oh yes, the Iriaz... I was quite surprised when I found that the Iriaz were fully working (as far as I could see), but not placed in-game.

This is especially irritating considering that the Iriaz are mentioned in conversations with the people on Dantooine, not least in the side-quest about the murdered settler...

Quote Rickard Lusoff: "Well, I was out hunting iriaz, when I spotted one over here by the bridge. I pull out my rifle and aim at it. I couldn't see it that well, mind you, cause the damn sun was in my eyes."

For the longest time I was trying to figure out what the hell Iriaz were; I even thought they were the flying stingray-like things (the name of which eludes me at the moment)...

Is there any way that the Iriaz can be spawned in the plains of Dantooine, perhaps even be attacked by the Kath hounds?

Archived