Home

Knights of the Old Republic's Cut Content

The Doctor

As I'm sure many of you are aware, there was cut content from KotOR, too, though not to the same extent as TSL.

The cut content from KotOR includes:

1) The Taris arena fighter Deadeye Duncan, who survived the events of the planet, would show up in Manaan and ask for rights to use the name "Mysterious Stranger".

- I believe this has been restored, though I'm not sure.

2) An alternate ending for darkside females, in which the player can choose to kill Bastila Shan and die on the Star Forge along with Carth Onasi.

- I know this has been restored, but by whom, I forget at the moment.

3) The planet Sleheyron, along with its corrosponding Star Map, mentioned as the volcanic planet in the Dantooine computer.

4) An extension of the Taris Swoop Bike quest, in which a second level exists in the Vulkar base, and the player has to disguise himself as a Vulkar to infiltrate the level.

The last two are still missing from the game, as far as I know. I was wondering if it would be possible for these things to be restored. I don't know if they were left in the game's files, and I cannot check (KOTOR Tool won't work right). Is it possible?

And if someone could provide me with links to the first two, I would appreciate it.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deadeye Duncan on Manaan by Darth333

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/5410.html

Alternate DS Dialogue by JdNoa

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/5326.html

Not sure about the last two, as Bioware seemed to clean up their mess a little better than OE ;) They left the galaxy map location (I believe) but I don't think any of the area modules are available...

You would almost have to re-work Kashyyyk or some other swamp-ish planet in order toget the right "feel"... at least I believe it was supposed to be swampy :giveup:

Maybe an email to Bioware... a lovely... begging email...

Anyone think that asking bioware for what they have that wasn't released, because they do support modding in general, and who knows? They're office party might be today and everyone may be p***ed.

Who wants to beg?

Sleheyron was volcanic/industrial, actually, looking at the skyboxes :)

I don't think grovelling to Bioware would do anything. Its not their decision, but LA's, AFAIK.

There is virtually nothing left of Sleheyron except a few models and some textures. Maybe some walkmesh. No lightmaps, no dialogue, people, modules, VOs, scripts, anything.

As for the other level to the Vulkar base, it'd be virtually impossible to restore since you'd have to create an entirely different way to get Mission and Zaalbar/ create entirely new recruitable characters with entirely new backstories, and again, AFAIK, no VOs.

Maybe an email to Bioware... a lovely... begging email...

Anyone think that asking bioware for what they have that wasn't released, because they do support modding in general, and who knows? They're office party might be today and everyone may be p***ed.

I would assume that Bioware only supports modding when it's a feature of the product in question. I doubt LucasArts are the deciding factor on this.

In Neverwinter Nights, 3rd party modding was on the bullet list of selling points, thus they provided a toolset, some technical documentation and discussion forums for the community for the purpose.

In KotOR by contrast, modding was not a planned feature or selling point, and as such is no more supported by Bioware than modding the Baldurs Gate series was (where all modding tools were developed by the community without any help from Bioware).

Besides, they didn't remove these things from the game by accident, they did so for a reason. Some fans sending them pleading emails will most likely not cause them to rethink those reasons. :)

The extra Vulkars base level is still in the game. But you have to warp to it.

It is either tar_10aa or tar_10ab , pretty sure it is tar_10ab though. Oh well easy enough to find out if someone warps there.

The elevator to the level was replaced with the weapon storage area inside the front door to the base.

It's ironic that this thread popped up, since I had taken it upon myself to search for missing/cut content in the game just yesterday ^_^;. The bigger ones have already been mentioned but I know a few more things that could be restored (should anyone feel so inclined).

1. In the fight with Rulan Prolack (the shape changing alien you're sent to kill for the Genoharadan), he always transforms into Jolee. However it seems he was at one time meant to transform into any one of your NPC's, even your PC.

2. An alternate way into the Sith base on Taris, the Jr. Sith officers you meet in the cantina offered to sell you a pass card into the base at the party for an alternate way in without T3.

3. As a "reward" for rescuing Shen and Rahasia, the PC had the option to make an... indecent proposal (Shen for female PC, Rahasia for male) shortly before Ahlan and Nurick show up.

4. Another alternate ending? In what I assume is a DS ending, Bastila mentions that the Star Forge is damaged and about to be destroyed, and you flee to the Ebon Hawk.

5. An arguement between a Master and apprentice on Dantooine. The student is angry because his master won't allow him to practise with a lightsaber. I think this was meant as an early/alternate tutorial on vibroblades (the one Trask gives you).

6. Korriban Starmap, just about every NPC had a line about the map you found in Naga Sadows tomb. While this isn't exactly "cut", it's impossible to access since you can't bring your party with you.

7. The Sith patrol you meet in the Undercity was at one time in the sewers (or possibly it was a second patrol), and were much harder to fool (you'd have to show your papers and then pass a persuade check).

8. A little bit of unused dialogue near the begining, Carth tells the PC to go back to sleep until your injuries heal...but I guess that's hardly worth restoring.

9. There was interesting stuff on Manaan. I think at one point you were supposed to recieve a side quest to find out what happened to an Echani mercenaries friends, and even a pazaak tournament?

10. More bits of dialogue seem to suggest that Jolee and the PC were meant to fight together in the Shadow Lands before he officially joined your party. Perhaps against the Katarns you see him kill?

11. On the Leviathan there was supposed to be a quick cutscene where Carth, Bastila, and the PC are shown being taken prisoner by the Sith boarding party...I think.

That's pretty much all I got so far, but I'm still not done checking. Still, restoring some of this content might make for a fun little project. I know I'm not up to this level of modding yet though. >_>

The extra Vulkars base level is still in the game. But you have to warp to it.

It is either tar_10aa or tar_10ab , pretty sure it is tar_10ab though. Oh well easy enough to find out if someone warps there.

The elevator to the level was replaced with the weapon storage area inside the front door to the base.

uhm... no, it's not still there. I just tryed it. Nothin. Zip. Zilch. Nada. I'll ask that somebody else try it before I accuse anybody of anything ;)

This topic reminds me of a "glitch" I found the last time I played the game.

On Manaan, you talk to the Irodonian merchanary and after you say your line to him he replies with something and the screen remains "blank." Blank as in you can't say anything to him, he doesn't say anything to you but you can't reload the game and have to shut it down with Alt+F4. I'll have to double check what the lines in question were to tell you where this "glitch" happened.

Found the glitch.

You ask the Irodonian, "How many credits would it take to make your business my business?" He replies, "This is the way of this water world, is it not? Pathetic creatures barganing with credits for what they cannot seize through strength. My people are warriors, not sniveling merchants." Then your character is suppose to reply but doesn't and you have Alt+F4 to exit the game. Any modder know if there was supposed to be a line there or if it was supposed to exit the conversation?

^^^^

I've gotten that too, I just assumed that there was something wrong with the text as it doesn't show up.

But I didn't have to quit the game, all I did was press the correct number button that was supposed to correspond to the PC's answer. The conversation will then go on as normal.

6. Korriban Starmap, just about every NPC had a line about the map you found in Naga Sadows tomb. While this isn't exactly "cut", it's impossible to access since you can't bring your party with you.

What do you mean you can't bring your party with you? The only place you can't take your party is into Naga Sadows tomb and in the tomb the only npc's in the tomb are Uthar and Yuthura and they tell you to go to the Starmap.

During the rest of the time on Korriban you can take anyone you like except Bastila, but if you have my Bastila on Korriban mod then you can take her too.

5. An arguement between a Master and apprentice on Dantooine. The student is angry because his master won't allow him to practise with a lightsaber. I think this was meant as an early/alternate tutorial on vibroblades (the one Trask gives you).

Do you know the name of the dialog and in which module it's in?

Thats what he meant T7.

The Korriban Starmap is IN Naga Sadow's tomb but for you to complete the trials you must go alone ;). If you look in the Naga Sadow module with Kotor tool you can see a lot of your party members had reactions when you found it (The Starmap). Ones I can name off the top of my head are Jolee, Mission, and Carth.

You know, what I'd like to see is a good mod to recruit Yuthura after saving her on Korriban, you know, when she shows up on Dantooine. It would be nice to see her join you as a lightsider. (Or even a gray-sider)

Also, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't Kel Algwinn supposed to show up on Dantooine? There's dialog there, but no Kel. Could that be added in?

Plus, there seems to have been a hutt that was supposed to be on Dantooine... could that go anywhere?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't Kel Algwinn supposed to show up on Dantooine? There's dialog there, but no Kel. Could that be added in?

But he does show up on Dantooine. I believe it was in the area where you build your lightsaber. Can't remember correctly, Korriban was usually one of the last planets I visited.

But he does show up on Dantooine. I believe it was in the area where you build your lightsaber. Can't remember correctly, Korriban was usually one of the last planets I visited.

He does!? Well, that's a new one to me...

Huh, I thought I had played Kotor every which way but

upside down, and don't recall him ever showing up in

any of my games... in ANY of my many many games...

I played only two or three games as lightsider with Korriban so early that I was able to visit Dantooine afterwards, so I could mix up some details, but he was there. And I'm 90% sure he was in the area where the workbench is. I think he's wearing a blue Jedi robe.

Thats what he meant T7.

The Korriban Starmap is IN Naga Sadow's tomb but for you to complete the trials you must go alone ;). If you look in the Naga Sadow module with Kotor tool you can see a lot of your party members had reactions when you found it (The Starmap). Ones I can name off the top of my head are Jolee, Mission, and Carth.

Oh, ok. I can understand why the dev's forced you to leave your party members behind. it would be far to easy if they came with you and it wouldn't really make a whole lot of sence.

However I'm sure it's possible to change.

Archived