Home

[REL] Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection

* Click For Important Note About Mod Permissions *

Yeah, I know what you're thinking "It's about freakin' time.. now maybe he'll stop yapping about it.." :xp:

Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection

You can download it over at my site for now. I'm too tired to try & attempt PCGM ;)

Screenies are located at the bottom of the page. (apx 16.2mb)

PLUS, It's TSL Patcher enabled goodness with half the calories!

Download Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection - NEXUS <-- already has fix applied

Download Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection - Deadly Stream <-- already has fix applied

Download Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection - LucasFiles

Download Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection - FileFront <-- already has fix applied

Download Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection - My Site <-- already has fix applied

** If you are having compiling problems during install (Win98 & Win2000 users) **

CLICK HERE to download The Kreia's Robes FIX (554kb)

Read more about the FIX here (click)

SUMMARY

Ever noticed no matter what you decide to put on Kreia, she seems dead-set on wearing that burlap sack excuse for a robe? Well, apparently Master Kavar did and he came up with a modding request that I just couldn’t pass up.

“Why not make it so that Kreia’s robes will change to an appropriate representation of what you put on her?”

Well sure, why not..? Sounded like a pretty level headed request to me.. and an opinion I shared. So here you have it folks, I offer you:

-()- Kreia’s Assorted Robe Collection -()-

Whoa whoa whoa...hold on a minute, let me correct that! I would like to give proper credit, kudos, and my heartfelt thanks to the many modders that were involved and made this mod possible. Without their hardwork, guidance & contribution(s) to this mod... none of it would've been possible. So I'd like to say that if you enjoyed this mod, that the following modders had major roles in it's completion (but you can still send all hate mail to me :lol: )

• Master Kavar : the mastermind behind the idea & the person that this mod was initially made for.

• stoffe –mkb- : for providing the script base to actually get Kreia's "switching" to work properly (basically the entire premise of the mod's original function)

• svösh : for his guidance on how to properly correct Kreia's model diffusion (so her skins didn't have a green tint)

• Achilles : for providing the corrected diffusion model base for Kreia (his was much better than mine)

• oldflash : for providing the model and skin of Kreia's "Dark Shroud"

• tk102 : for allowing me to incorporate his "Remote Tells Your Influence Mod", giving the little guy more of a purpose than what I had originally planned for him.

Thank you very much, all of you. I hope you know that your help was not only invaluable... but greatly appreciated.

DESCRIPTION

This mod will make it so that depending on the type of robe you give Kreia, her appearance will effectively change to a suitable representation. Basically, she’ll ditch the “burlap sack” excuse of a robe to one with proper details.

In addition to the “pretty colors”, this mod also adds a new small area (Citadel:082West Residential:Medical), a mini-quest you can pursue in order to construct the Dark Shroud... a Kreia-specific robe (new model), and a voiced dialogue exchange cutscene between the PC and Kreia, giving her a more “human side” we rarely see…

This mod also implements tk102’s “Remote Tells Your Influence” Mod, allowing the little guy to actually have a purpose. Just ask him to stop flying around, and then you can ask him how much influence you have with the rest of your crew. However, he just 'might' have another purpose… hmmm…

STATS (Dark Shroud)

- Restricted to Kreia

- Upgradeable

- Defense Bonus : +5

- Regenerate Force Points : Random

- Regeneration : Random

- Blaster Bolt Increase : Random

- Reduced Saving Throw : Will (-5)

- Dual Hand Weapon Wield

USAGE

1-) with cheats enabled, type "~" (without quotes) and enter:

For the Mechanical Hand Parts: giveitem kds_mech_parts

For the Mechanical Hand Journal: giveitem kds_mech_jrnl

For the Dark Shroud Materials: giveitem kds_materials

For Kreia's Dark Shroud++: giveitem kreia_shroud

2-) Press "ENTER"

** For the Anti-Console (bless you),

The mod includes a mini-quest in which the PC must acquire the 3 components in order to construct Kreia's Dark Shroud. After retrieving the parts, you must board the Ebon Hawke and talk to the Remote. If you have all the pieces, he'll construct the mech hand in which you (assumed) attach to the robe and deliver it to Kreia.

++ KEEP IN MIND, if you cheat the Dark Shroud in your inventory, the Remote will not construct the hand and you'll miss out on the PC/Kreia dialogue exchange. You can however cheat the 3 components in and continue on that way (slackers.. hehehe)

ENJOY! :D

======================================

As for the cutscene Kreia's Fall movie, I've ran into a snag :fist: (but don't worry).. I'll explain more in my WIP Thread tomorrow, err.. later today... ugghh I need some sleep.. hehehe

======================================

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow and Here I thought this was going to be a simple mod. :D
hehehe.. so did I when I first started :lol: It just "mutated" into this and hopefully, was worth it ;)

===============================

Just a gew things I think I need to say about the mod so that any troubleshooting stuff can be limited to what's actually a problem :)

• Kreia's robe switch is based on her heartbeat script...so
    - It may take up to a second or so for her appearance to change
    - Kreia's appearance will not change while on the Ebon Hawke since I believe NPC's heartbeat scripts don't run while aboard. Not to worry, her appearance will change once you take her off the EH.
    Edit: Oops...This isn't necessarily true. It's an "if" function in the start of the "k_oei_hench_inc.nss" script.
    If you feel like changing that, you'll need to change/recompile the source scripts. However, I'd suggest keeping your CPU cycles for something more important ;)

• Because I had to list the actual .uti in the script, sometimes Kreia's appearance will not "revert" back to her burlap look if say you use a modded armor on her (Segan Wyndh for example).

For example, Let's say I put the Matukai Robe on her and she turns "green". If I replace her armor with Segan Wyndh armor, Kreia will remain with the Matukai look (which really isn't too bad). In a way, you could put a particular robe on her, a color you like.. then switch it out with a modded robe so that her appearance will remain to something you like ;)

• Kreia's dual weapon wield (wearing the Dark Shroud) can be a little tricky at times. I included a "what to do" in the item description, but for posterities sake...

- equip Kreia with the Dark Shroud, then return to the game screen so that her appearance changes.

- Once changed, switch back to her inventory. If she can't dual wield, then (while in Inventory) switch to a different NPC/PC then switch back to Kreia. voila! Now she can get on your nerves and fight with 2 weapons.. hehehe

• I made the PC/Kreia dialogue exchange un-skippable because there are a few scripts that have to run. While testing, I found out that if you start rapidly clicking, some scripts didn't fire... you can change the unskippable mode, but do so at your own risk. If you do make it skippable, just click carefully and at a reasonable pace ;) (one of the major scripts is the one that actually gives you the robe.. you are warned)

• Remote's dialogue for the mech hand is unskippable as well, however his last dialogue line fires the cutscene script. DO NOT add anything to this dialogue node (such as a "modded" reward) because the pop up box that happens after the dilaogue ends interferes with the run script for the cutscene... you'll be left standing there ;) I used Remotes short replies so that you wouldn't have to endure much of it :)

• Unfortunately, Kreia's appearance will revert back to "burlap" mode during the Rebuilt Enclave cutscene movie. Because I don't know what robe Kreia will be wearing in your game at that moment I didn't change this. I don't want to force a player into making her wear the Dark Shroud (or other robe) at any time, so this is something that would have to solved at a later time (if the desire is out there)

That's all I can think of for now, but please let me know if you run into any other problems or conflicts. :)

• Unfortunately, Kreia's appearance will revert back to "burlap" mode during the Rebuilt Enclave cutscene movie. Because I don't know what robe Kreia will be wearing in your game at that moment I didn't change this. I don't want to force a player into making her wear the Dark Shroud (or other robe) at any time, so this is something that would have to solved at a later time (if the desire is out there)

You can get away with by putting something in your readme about Kreia thought a simple robe (her normal ugly one) would be best for helping the Jedi Masters "see" through the Exiles eyes. Would be a good excuse for just ignoring that cutscene.

Ooh nice, got some questions though, what should i do with the Source folder?, and how do i trigger the Dark Shroud quest

the Source folder contains the scripts that were used in the game in case someone needs to alter, merge or just look at them for curiosities sake. They shouldn't be needed in order for the mod to run :)

Luckily I was able to use alot of TSL's generic scripts in the game for my dialogues by using the parameters field.. however for the custom stuff, they're included in the Source folder.

As for triggering, there's not really anything needed to do other than just collect the parts then talk to the Remote. A new dialogue entry will be available once all parts are collected. Each component is tagged as a "quest" item so you shouldn't be able to accidentally break it down or sell it... however, since there are no journal entries, nor datapads.. it is up to the PC to read what is available (in-game) and "connect the dots" :D

Citadel & Korriban are 2 places that if you've already been there, you might want to go back ;)

Okay, having problems installing the mod. I've tried three times now, with reboots between and I'm still getting an "unhandled error occured! invalid file name" error message. I've included the log file for your perusal. I'm still running Win98, if it matters. What am I doing wrong?

• Installation started 3/16/06 7:14:05 PM...

• Modifying file "globalcat.2da" found in Override folder...

• Saving unaltered backup copy of globalcat.2da in D:\MYFILES\VIDEO GAMES AND STUFF\KOTR2\KREIAS ASSORTED ROBES\backup\globalcat.2da

• Updated 2DA file D:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\override\globalcat.2da.

• Modifying file "appearance.2da" found in Override folder...

• Saving unaltered backup copy of appearance.2da in D:\MYFILES\VIDEO GAMES AND STUFF\KOTR2\KREIAS ASSORTED ROBES\backup\appearance.2da

• Updated 2DA file D:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\override\appearance.2da.

• Modifying and compiling scripts...

• Compiling modified script k_oei_spawn.nss...

Hey shinyjedi.. first off sorry for all the troubles. I just received an e-mail with the same problem, and helped another member with it in this thread:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=162410

Try installing the mod from your desktop (or the C: drive). I'm not sure but stoffe brought up some things that made me think. So, I need to start asking everyone these questions in case I may have made a goof on the installer :o

1) Do you have a U.S. version of the game?

2) Is your game updated with the latest patch?

3) are you installing from the C: drive (preferably the Desktop), or trying to install directly from the .rar file?

The reason I ask, and also so anyone might spot some problem, is that while I included the nwscript.nss, I don't think (now) that I made the appropriate settings in the installer's "script compiler flags values" to use it :fist: Instead, it's probably looking for the script in your game folder and depending on your answers to those 3 questions.. that might help me troubleshoot and remedy this problem once and for all :)

Try the "fix" in the link I posted and if that doesn't work, let me know and I'll do my best to help you get it installed and/or release a fix if my "theory" is correct on what the problem might be.. ;)

Try installing the mod from your desktop (or the C: drive). I'm not sure but stoffe brought up some things that made me think. So, I need to start asking everyone these questions in case I may have made a goof on the installer :o

1) Do you have a U.S. version of the game?

2) Is your game updated with the latest patch?

3) are you installing from the C: drive (preferably the Desktop), or trying to install directly from the .rar file?

For the record it worked fine to install it in an UK-English version of the game, running in a non-English version of Windows XP, running the original unpatched game, installing from a folder on one of my harddrives the RAR archive was extracted to.

A couple of things to check/try:

• Check that the tslpatchdata folder isn't write protected. The Installer needs to be able to write some temporary files there while it is processing and compiling scripts. Also make sure that no files with a NSS or NCS extension in this folder are write protected. (Use the right-click menu in Explorer and look at the checkbox in the Properties window to see if they are write protected.)

• In the tslpatchdata folder, find the file changes.ini and open it with Notepad. Find the line that reads "LogLevel=3" and change it to "LogLevel=4". Attempt to install again, the installer show now display a more detailed log of what it is doing. This may be useful to figure out exactly where it is stalling.

The "Unhandled" part likely means that the problem isn't directly caused by the Installer code, but that the error comes from the underlying Operating System calls instead. Sounds like the path to some file gets messed up for some reason, or that the file it is looking for is missing (which is why you should make sure the folder isn't write protected since it might prevent the temp files from being written).

Venturing into the realm of wild unfounded guesses, it's also possible that Win98 and WinXP handles process execution differently, so that while in WinXP the Installer waits until the script compiler is done before attempting to move the files, maybe in Win98 it proceeds directly and tries to copy a compiled script that hasn't been written yet. But, as said, this is wild speculation and this possibility should be able to verify or dismiss based on the log output if the loglevel is set to 4 as mentioned above.

Location is not a problem. My windows is on "D" drive, games are in E and source was on removeable drive (direct from archive). Under windows98 is verry important to leave temporary dir as default - "%windir%\temp\" (do not set in autoexec.bat other location for temp and tmp). And keep that directory clean.

Seems to be a problem win98.

Changing debuglevel3 to 4 in changes.ini:

• Modifying and compiling scripts...
• Compiling modified script k_oei_spawn.nss...
• Replacing tokens in script k_oei_spawn.nss...
• Script "k_oei_hench_inc.nss" has no start function, assuming include file. Compile skipped...
• Replacing tokens in script k_oei_hench_inc.nss...

Thanks guys. Chainz, no need to apologize, I appreciate all your work. I'm just anxious to get this mod working so I can enjoy it more :)

For the record;

US version of the game

Win98SE. The game is installed in D:\program files\lucasarts\SWKotOR2\

The game is, as yet, unpatched, although I did download the patch the other day (laziness sucks)

I unzipped (sic) the mod into a subdirectory of the subdirectory where I have all my other Kotor and Kotor2 mods stashed, also on the D: drive. It is remotely possible that the installer didn't like how many levels down it had to go to find the files, but I haven't really seen that problem in many many years.

I haven't changed the temp parameters, although I haven't cleared the temp file lately (see above comment re: laziness)

I don't have any of the files or folders set to write protected.

In response to the most recent suggestions:

I copied the Kreias Assorted Robes directory to the desktop and ran the installer again with exactly the same result.

The only files anywhere in the lucasarts realm that show any modification with today's date are the appearance.2da and globalcat.2da, both in the override folder. Looks like the intaller's choking when it tries to compile the k_oei_spawn.nss file.

I even tried copying the k_oei_spawn.nss file from the tslpatch directory and manually inserting it in the override so the installer would have something to work with, but no dice.

So still no joy in Mudville. What do you suggest next?

Err... oops. :sweat: I think I have managed to find the cause of this error. This problem was caused by a simple but elusive bug that I failed to notice since apparently Windows XP is less strict with how file paths look than Win98 and Win2K. Stupid mistake, but those are often the hardest to spot. :)

I believe I have managed to fix this bug now. You can download the fixed version of the Installer application here. Unpack the EXE, put it in the same folder as "KreiasRobes_Installer.exe" and run this new file instead, and it will hopefully install the mod correctly. Please let me know if that fixes it or if there still are problems.

(You should probably copy the unaltered appearance.2da and globalcat.2da from the backup folder to your override folder, if they exist, before you try this, to undo the halfway changes that have been made previously when the installer stalled. If they don't exist in the backup folder (or if the backup folder itself don't exist), just delete those two files from your override folder since you likely don't have any mods that have them installed already.)

@ChAiNz.2da: It seems like the version of the script compiler you use pulls the nwscript.nss from the game data and ignores the one in the tslpatchdata folder. I tried to test a fake install on a computer without TSL installed and the compiler printed some error message.

Archived