Home

Will LucasArts announce the next KotOR at this year's E3?

Char Ell

Will LucasArts announce the next KotOR during E3 2006?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Will LucasArts announce the next KotOR during E3 2006?

• Yes! LA will announce it!
    • No. LA will continue to leave KotOR fans hanging.
    • Sorry but I don't have the intestinal fortitude to make a guess.

Here's your chance, fellow forum members. Do you think LucasArts will announce the next KotOR at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo? Do you dare make a guess? Before you do vote be aware that this is a public poll meaning anyone viewing this thread in the future will be able to see how you voted. :naughty:

Voting yes doesn't mean that you think the next KotOR will be released at that time or even this year, just that LucasArts will officially let us know that there will be another KotOR.

Link to the E3 website: http://www.e3expo.com/

E3 runs from May 9-12 this year.

E3 2004 was when LucasArts announced KotOR: TSL.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe they won't announce it, even if Kotor3 is already in pre-production. It's just too soon and we all know what happens when a game is announced too soon: First everybody is really excited that they get it at all, then everybody is really annoyed that they don't have it already, then everybody imagines that it must be a really big thing taking that long time and when it's finally published everybody is really disappointed that it's not best game of all past and future games...

If i hear the words "It's in production but the release date will be march 2007 onwards". I will indeed be a happy bunny because if there is one thing i want to make clear to Lucasarts, it is take your time and i will buy your staff chocolates and wine everyday until YOU feel it is ready.

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=9543

LucasArts E3 2006 plan

LucasArts has sent out invites to press folks to show up at their E3 booth in May to try out their upcoming new games. One of the titles that they will show is their all new next-gen console Indiana Jones title which was first announced back in E3 2005 and will finally be shown for the first time in public at this year's expo. The press note also says that in addition to the Indy game and Lego Star Wars II, LucasArts will also be showing off "many other surprises that we'll unveil in the weeks leading up to E3"

I remember back in early 2003 when they made alot of hype about what they would unveil, a little later on 2 games off the list would be cancelled, in the case of Full Throttle: Hell on wheels probebly a good thing, but in the case of Freelance Police what the hell were you bastards thinking? Although Kotor was unveiled too and that made up for some of it

^^^

I would agree that LucasArts won't show KotOR 3 at the next E3 but that isn't the poll question. The question stems from the second part of your statement, that being whether or not LucasArts will announce KotOR 3 at this year's E3. It's possible LA could announce that the next KotOR will be developed but it won't be released for quite some time. If LA did this then it would trend more along the lines of how they handled the release for KotOR as opposed to KotOR:TSL.

^^^

Let me reiterate everyone. The poll question is not asking whether or not LucasArts Entertainment Company will release KotOR 3 at this year's E3. I'd say with 99.999999999999999999999999999999999% certainty LEC will not release KotOR 3 during E3 (was that enough 9's for ya? :D). The Electronic Entertainment Expo is generally used for announcing games, not releasing them.

The question is whether or not LEC will announce that they will make KotOR 3.

The LF newsletter claimed that LA's booth is going to have something special alongside a lecture on the LA-ILM merger and Lego Star Wars II. LA will be announcing something big this time round. If you ask me, that's KotOR III. LA couldn't help but milk the franchise dry and they're gonna keep on coming. But the release date will probably be next year, then...

I dont think that they will show Kotor 3 in next E3 because they havent even announced Kotor 3 yet.

well we still got more than a month until next E3, a lot of stuff can happen in that period of time....

Archived