Home

Reporting Avatar Glitch.

I was just reading the "woman marries snake" thread in Ahto.

There was in insane glitch that replaced user Lord Darth Bane's avatar with a large signature block containing a picture of Obi Wan and an orange and black background.

You might want to check the thread to see if there's some kind of bug.

I went back to the thread again and it was fine, but I know that's not supposed to happen.

Maybe it's just Ahto being Ahto....

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=165754

Using Firefox 1.5.0.4 I viewed and posted in the thread and didn't see any issue with Lord Darth Bane's post so I guess whatever it was fixed itself as RJM says

OR

the issue can be explained by the paint chips RJM can't seem to stay away from heh-heh-heh. I keep tellin' ya RJM you need to stay away from those paint chips. They're baaad. Baaad I say. ;)

Again, Mace Macleod's avatar, in the "which two characters should fight..." thread.

Somehow his avatar was replaced with the coyote signature of samnmax.

Any idea why people's avatars are getting messed up?

It's not that it's hard to live with or anything, it just seems like it might be an indication of a more serious problem somewhere???

These chips are crunchy:D

Firefox, as far as I know it's the latest version. I just downloaded it over a week ago.

When there is an update for Firefox, you get a pop up that askes you if you want to update.

You should always have the latest version unless you tell it "no."

ah, i found the right thread. good to know i'm not alone.

ive had similar problems, though it involved my avatar being the avatar of every other person as well, this happened in Sabretooth's Victim of Betrayal thread. at first, i thought everyone had copid me, but when i refreshed the page, it got corrected. unfortunately, i didn't think of taking a screenie :(

If you're having problems like that, it's probably a temporary issue with server or database load, which occurs relatively frequent in comparison to many others due to the sheer volume of users that pass through on a continuous basis.

It's worth bearing in mind that GUI images across LucasForums are actually hosted on a separate dedicated server to the forum itself for load reasons, and a potential outcome of heavy load hitting the server with the images can result in them not loading properly despite the forum itself seeming fine.

This can manifest in either the CSS styling images not appearing at all, or the images in your cache still loading but not those that aren't, the latter of which results in some images not loading and being replaced with the backup text (could be "?" depending on your browser).

All I can recommend is a refresh, and if it persists post a screenshot here and — more importantly — a dump of the source code so we can at least get a full understanding of the problem's symptoms (View > Source).

Archived