Home

-what do you think of Darth Nihilus-

DarthSilas

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to know a bit more about his background. All i got from the game was that he is no longer man (???), he destroyed a planet, and he feeds on life. (i have a feeling that i am missing something tho) Was he a jedi? What made so evil? Who was he? I hope that these will be answered soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I find him flat, boring. He cannot even speak properly :p

I think he needed more emphasing to really show his potential.

I would have loved to see a cutscene/cinematic where you would see him destroying Katarr.

That would have been impressive and would have make him look like a strong being, and not just a shy guy in bad mood.

And then finally a more epic fight against him would have make it look better for the story.

That's because there isn't much of a backstory to hear. He's very powerful, but his hunger controls him, he's become something other than a man, he used to be Kreia's most powerful pupil (which is a little contradictory to him being the first to die), he is a spawn of the Mandalorian Wars. Unfortunately, there isn't a moment in the game where you find out who Nihilus really was, why and how did he become so evil and so powerful, etc.

Nihilus was a pansy. I couldn't believe how quickly I beat him. I mean, it literally took like five rounds for him to go down. I was waiting for him to do or say something, then keep fighting, but then it just stopped. Pretty anti-climactic.

Nihilus was a pansy. I couldn't believe how quickly I beat him. I mean, it literally took like five rounds for him to go down. I was waiting for him to do or say something, then keep fighting, but then it just stopped. Pretty anti-climactic.

Actually it was the whole point of the confrentation, Nihilus couldn't drain the Exile because of the whole "hole in the force" thing that the Exile had, and Visas was linked to Nihilus and Mandalore wasn't a force user, so Nihilus tries to drain the Exile and is weaker for it... the fight was quite appropriate IMHO.

That's because there isn't much of a backstory to hear. He's very powerful, but his hunger controls him, he's become something other than a man, he used to be Kreia's most powerful pupil (which is a little contradictory to him being the first to die), he is a spawn of the Mandalorian Wars. Unfortunately, there isn't a moment in the game where you find out who Nihilus really was, why and how did he become so evil and so powerful, etc.

Where did you get that he was Kreia's most powerful pupil?

He used to be a man, quite probably a Jedi, who got "cursed" like the Exile and became a devourer of worlds because his hunger drives him mad. Sure, it would need more for an emotional attachment to be made, but his background is clearly explained.

As for the explanation of him being weak when facing the Exile, it makes sense, but it still is anti-climactic.

Seriously, he needed a bigger role and perhaps that problem would've been overlooked.

There's the fact that Kreia considered Nihilus one of the ones who had hurt her -- exiling her from the Sith, perhaps draining her force powers -- and she glorified the Exile for being a wound in the Force, perfect to use as a machine against Nihilus, and Sion and the Jedi masters, in her vengeance (I forget exactly what she called the Exile when talking about how Revan would have loved her as she loved to use machines).

It was more a victory for Kreia than it was the Exile -- she was the one who leaked the false info to Tobin that there were Jedi on Telos and then forced the Exile to follow her there so that there would have to be a confrontation with Nihilus. Exile races in, Nihilus unwittingly poisons himself with Exile anti-Force, and he's out of the picture. With this, however, it would have been nice to see a cutscene in which Kreia senses her victory and gloats over it, perhaps with a rear shot of her in Sith garb (we don't want to give away her physical transformation entirely, yet) re-entering the Trayus Academy, preparing for the Exile, yadda yadda...

I agree that there should have been more of a standard duel before Nihilus weakened himself. And it would have been nice for Sith PC's if his mask was wearable.

Although... I guess I can imagine that Nihilus had spent over a year (since Katarr) without a proper Force meal and was probably weakened simply by that -- I'm surprised he didn't go after Sion's Sith crew if he was so delirious with his hunger. And that since he had that power to consume things, he was probably out of practice with his lightsaber... etc... blah blah

Where did you get that he was Kreia's most powerful pupil?

He used to be a man, quite probably a Jedi, who got "cursed" like the Exile and became a devourer of worlds because his hunger drives him mad. Sure, it would need more for an emotional attachment to be made, but his background is clearly explained.

As for the explanation of him being weak when facing the Exile, it makes sense, but it still is anti-climactic.

Seriously, he needed a bigger role and perhaps that problem would've been overlooked.

Agreed. I sort of think Nihilus suffered the exact same thing that the Exile does. But the thing is unlike the Exile who severed him/herself from the force Nihilus probably fed on it to stay alive. Although it may have been appropiate that he could not feed on you, it was still an anti-climatic battle with one of the main villans of the story.

I agree as well. As you can see by my avatar, Nihilus is my favorite character, so I really wish he wouldv'e gotten a bigger role. It wads kind of like Maul in Ep. 1, they were both made out to be really powerful and awesome, and then the game/movie was released, and they got beaten fairly easily. They both needed bigger roles, especially Nihilus.

I always thought Nihilus was the cool, evil lord whom you beat last. I was disappointed to face him first and kill him that damned easily. He had that Dracula-meets-Vader kind of feel to him, which made him feel cool. But my biggest disappointment was, when he started speaking. I could have sworn he was a machine constructed by the Federation of Evil Mosquitos.

Archived