Home

Return to a Medieval Style in KotOR III?

The Source

Return to a Medieval Style in KotOR III?

I really enjoyed playing with the movie style robes in KotOR II, but I personally think they were way before their time. What I liked about KotOR I is the Medieval Style Jedi Robes. The whole game gave you the sense of yesterday.

If you were the designer of KotOR III, what type of medieval qualities would you put in or restore?

What qualities do you think were important in KotOR I, which you want to see in a KotOR III?

nah, ive heard a few people complain about the robes, but for example orthodox jew's havent really changed alot of there dress over the last couple of thousand years... so i think the jedi may well of just kept those similar robes, i like the new robes personally :) (tho in reality i just want my jedi to have a cape ;)

i dunno about anyone else, but i think there was more charachter depth in the original than TSL, so i would like to see a return of that... i wouldnt mind bastila retuning so we can romance her again ;) tho that depends on how long after TSL its set! the only other thing i would like, is to make sure ships dont look too much like the ones in the films... eg. the ravenger, and more like the endar spire, harbringer and other 'new' designs

Actually, I'd expect the Jedi robes to be similar to "today's", since 4,000 years ago isn't really all that long considering their history.

But if they are going to be different, I'd like what they have in the KOTOR comic.

In terms of the robes, I wouldn't mind an option to not have the cloak. The old robes would be cool, just a bit more loose fitting.

With the talk/fight sequences, I'd lose both of the combatants sabers going off at the exact same time -think Sion & exile Trayus academy-. Maybe have the convo options in a saber lock or something like that. I'm not too sure why this annoys me, it just does.

I'm sure I'll have an edit later when I've woken up a bit more..

As someone who hated the KotOR I Jedi/Sith Robes I am not for seeing them again...

Perhaps have a layered approach of some sort, an Inner Outfit (Clothes Layer) and an Outer Robe (Cloak Layer). This would allow for even more item bonuses! :D

Well, why not just put both K1 and K2 robes in K3? I personally prefered the K1 robes because while they were still Jedi, they weren't what we were used to, and to me it gave a feeling that it's the same galaxy, but not the galaxy we know. If you know what I mean.

Anyway I'd love to see an option to have the normal robes, and whether you want to wear a cloak as well. Okay, in the films the Jedi pretty much always run around with cloaks on except when they fight. Then all you need to do is, for cloaks in the game, give them a maybe +1 charisma or intelligence, but -! defence. Something like that so you'll want to wear them normally, but not during combat.

Just a thought.

I don't see why they couldn't try to incorporate both types. Or perhaps combine each concept? I enjoyed both variations, so it doesn't matter so much to me. Though the large number of different textures was a refreshing change in K2, as opposed to the four from K1.

I'm with RedHawke on the K1 robes. No thank you. However if K3 had both K1 style and K2 style robes available (per Darth Windu's suggestion) then that would be fine. Of course, none of my PC's would wear K1 robes but the rest of y'all would be welcome to. :D

Also, no white tubes for lightsaber hilts. In medieval times they had different sword types that had different looking hilts. After all the medieval times didn't have mass production, right? ;) One of my KotOR 3 wishes is to have 3 or 4 different lightsaber hilt types, 3 or 4 short lightsaber hilt types, and 2 or 3 double-bladed lightsaber hilt types.

Yeah, I wasn't all that thrilled with the 'robes' in K1. They looked a lot like short bathrobes. All you had to do was make them red with black lapels, and voila, a smoking jacket. However, I did like that it was a different look and made me think that I wasn't in the 'typical' SW era.

I wouldn't mind seeing both styles in K3.

I think the option for both in K3 would be best, I like the K1 robes and the K2 robes. The option for a cloak/cape would be cool. The different hilts are cool, but it will suck for people like me who have 64 mb graphics cards. Another thing I would like to see is a change in the fights, there should be some fights where you and your opponent talk during the fight, but there should be some enemies who don't say anything, they just attack.

I didn't really like the k1 robe models. As Jae said they looked like short bathrobes....but K2 robes looked like long bathrobes IMHO :p

Save for the model, the textures and overall details of the K1 robes were much better than those of the K2 robes. I found the K2 robes rather bland, especially the textures. The only one I liked was the dark jedi apprentice robe. The K2 robes made my female PC look like she had a serious cellulite problem and my male PC like he had a "fat female ass".

As for lightsabers a little variety wouldn't hurt.

I am not too impressed about Kotor I robes AND Kotor II robes. While I would definitly prefer Kotor II robes (The kotor I robes are so erm unpleasantly tight), I want something new in Kotor III....

What I myself like most, is custom clothes. Like Revan's cutscene dark side robes, they are awesome. Or Nihilus' robe, or even Atris' robe.

After all the player character and his allies are not ordiniary Jedi/Sith... I want custom robes!

If they evolve the robes for KotOR III, I hope they give you the option to atleast put the hood on. I think that will drive your Sith Lord prescence.

I personally liked the KotOR I robes. Even though they look like bath robes, I think they show a primitive evolution of their future.

Actually I had an idea about customizing your own robes for K3. Another thing I liked about K2 was the Jedi Armor with the cape on it. Although they didn't look comfortable it's still a proof of concept which should be expanded on. Imagine being able to color your robe as you choose, or add a cape, cloak or hood to your robes. Hell even make a mask if you truly wish.

Jedi Robes should look like they did in the PT even 4000 years in the past, as robes really cannot change much. They are the same then as they would be in the future, cloth is cloth, and peoples bodies are the same/similar then as now, it isn't really a style that can change much.

Looking closely to the KotOR I robes they are basically the inner tunics and simply do not have the outer robe part. At least that was my take on them. :)

If they evolve the robes for KotOR III, I hope they give you the option to atleast put the hood on. I think that will drive your Sith Lord prescence.

OE messed with this for TSL as having a key being able to put the hoods up and down, but the XBox limitations killed this, perhaps the 360 will allow this in KotOR III. It is something I wouldn't mind seeing, though it would limit our PC's hairstyles some. ;)

I wouuld'nt mind seeing both styles in the next KOTOR game along with the abilty to wear different styles of normal looking clothes. Dont see why Jedi wouldnt ditch the robes to blend in alittle better if they had to covertly gather some info.

OE messed with this for TSL as having a key being able to put the hoods up and down, but the XBox limitations killed this, perhaps the 360 will allow this in KotOR III. It is something I wouldn't mind seeing, though it would limit our PC's hairstyles some. ;)

Darn. I guess that rules out my hopes for a PC with '80's style Big Hair. :)

OE messed with this for TSL as having a key being able to put the hoods up and down, but the XBox limitations killed this, perhaps the 360 will allow this in KotOR III.

What the .... ?

Now Iam going to get angry... I hate it when developers fail to make advantage of the superior PC techniques.

Why can't they do it the other way around, first develop it for the PC, then adapt it to that Xbox.

It surprises me that people get so concerned about the robes' appearance.

Ask your wife about it :p

Meh! why not have both? good protection and good looking rlz!

If something looks horrible, no way I'm going to wear it...at least not in a game (In real life I still have to wear a gown and a jabot in court :rolleyes: )! It's not real life so I don't mind getting killed! In any event, robes + high dex give me better protection than any armor ;)

Ask your wife about it :p

Wow, it took a whole .001 seconds for my mind to go right down the gutter with that.... :D

Meh! why not have both? good protection and good looking rlz!

If something looks horrible, no way I'm going to wear it...at least not in a game (In real life I still have to wear a gown and a jabot in court :rolleyes: )! It's not real life so I don't mind getting killed! In any event, robes + high dex give me better protection than any armor ;)

I couldn't stand the painfully red armor, even when it had better stats than the other armor I had picked up by that point.

Why can't they do it the other way around, first develop it for the PC, then adapt it to that Xbox.
Developers could do that I suppose but they don't because of the economic factors involved. The game developers want to make a profit. The best opportunity for profit lies with consoles, not with PC's, simply because there are more people out there who buy console games than PC games.

It surprises me that people get so concerned about the robes' appearance. I wear whatever gives me the most protection.
:lol: Such a manly man you are, jimbo! All function and no fashion. I bet your wife furnishes your wardrobe. ;)

Archived