Home

Our Voluntary Mod

As mod I will throw a party complete with dancing cows, give everyone star stickers, crack down on page stretching, and attend to RD's random nature, making sure it stays so. I will edit as few posts as possible, lock only the threads I need to, making sure that our heathen island doesn't turn completely civilized.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should be a mod because...

1. I've been at the LF for longer than most of the other Mod candidates

2. I have a fair sence of justice

3. I support dogs and turtles and penguins and all other little creatures to be free forever.

4. I own a red accordian.

5. I'm beloved by a lot of people.

6. You're all on MY friends list, so I want somthing in return.

7. Free truffles for everyone, if I win.

8. I promise I'm not a dictator.

9. No animal shall consume alcohol

10. I will listen to all you have to say.

11. I'm just so dang fly.

So, please pick me. Because if you don't, I won't bring truffles and ushanka's.

You should all join my army because:

- I've been here for ages now and know this place as if it were a place on the internet I went and talked to friends on for ages now..

- I can type properly and use decent English (Lulz)

- This place would be like one big party with their resident Saint for a mod.

- Post editing would only happen when abb so lute lay necessary.

- Thread closage would damn near not happen at all (Unless it's complete and utter spam)

- I wear cam every Tuesday night. (And on weekends and through the holidays and stuff)

- Seriously, how cool would it be if I was a mod? I mean, think about it.

- It won't go to my head.

- Every Thursday is pizza night.

- I too have been involved in major RD events, Just ask the 'older' RD residents.

- Ninja Appreciation Thread. Nuff said.

- I'm active in other parts of LF, so I know what's going on elsewhere too.

- I LUVE YOU GUYZ!!!!!!!

Vote Me. We'll get baseball bats.

1. What qualifies you to be a mod?

I have been a member of RD for 1 year & 6 months, longer than all the other candidates. Which means I probably know more about the RD politics than those who joined last summer. I also have been to other boards and have seen modding in action and know the ropes. I've been a mod on the Mashi Ankrekku forums for about a month, and have recieved serious praise for it. I feel that I know the RD well, and have gained a good reputation here.

2. What would you do if elected as a mod?

If elected mod, I would make sure to be here a lot to see how it's goin. If there were problems, I'd recieve the input of other members to figure how to fix the problem. I would be the people's mod, listening to what they say and taking their request into consideration. I would also hole monthly meetings on how to improve the RD and make it the come to place in Lucasforums.

3.Will you try to keep sanity away from RD?

Not at all, let the people do what they want, as long as it's not desturbing others. I will let people be themselves and only take action when action is needed.

I have been a member of RD for 1 year & 6 months, longer than all the other candidates. Which means I probably know more about the RD politics than those who joined last summer.

I would disagree. One can become quite knowledgeable about a subject regardless of the amount of time spent studying it. There is one person I know, for instance, who joined the forums in '05 and knows far more about them (and whom I respect far more) than someone who joined in '97. The time you spend at something guarantees nothing - but how well you make use of it does.

Good answers Ave! (This election is going to be tough) :D

Now its the turn of the other candidates to answer the questions, then the public (a.k.a. all the other forumites that are not running for mod) will ask questions to the candidates. :)

@Devon: I think I know who you refer to, but Ave shows will and devotion, but she should cut out the drama, HAHAHAHA

I'm here to announce my candidacy for modship of the forum. If I win the election, I'll raise literacy in this forum by 100% by deleting all posts that are not grammatically flawless, unless the mistakes were intentional as a joke or for effect.

I'll also stay relatively far away (what's the distance between here and Ahto in kilometres?) so these forums won't change very much.

And... um... I'll give everyone who votes for me a free monocle... um... with a stained glass lens! Any colour you want!

Archived