Home

Our Voluntary Mod

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Right behind you. We need him to make some more mods. ElTee doesn't show up enough, and Smon... yeah he shows up, doesn't post or socialize very much though.

New mods ftw!

Current candidates:

Mayhem

Davinq

martmeister

You are new to our history, arent you? Allow me to enlighten you: in days long past, RD had no modz. We could pretty much do whatever we wanted. Then came the Dark/Ave war. It was a flamefest of the ages, and after all was done and said, people began complaining. We needed a mod.

So a historical things happened. I started this thread semi-jokingly, never knowing Thrik would take notice. But a few RDers campaigned, and Thrik chose who he thought would make a more respectable mod. It was quite democratic. Since our modz dont really even do the little that is needed (since the poor souls cant even find the time to go on), and after the whole Drama, we've concluded we need a new mod.

I myself think I'd make a good mod. Had I never started this thread in the first place, we wouldn't even have our current AWOL modz at all. I know just as much about RD and it's history as it's oldest members, I am generally quite polite, spell as good as I possibly can, and adhere to the conventions of English. I do not stir up drama, nor do I take sides. I remain neutral for the most part and watch the action unfold with a bag of buttery popcorn. I introduced 2 new RDers whom we've already come to accept into our little heathen island, Turtlefreak and Tabby. I spread the Drama news over to those who'd taken a break from our happy little forums, egged Jimmy to return, started our oh-so-popular community RPs with 'The Anti-Tim RPG', have never eaten anything cute, called anyone a racial slur, lied under oath, caused a clusterf__k in the middleeast, started a war (even a flame-war) or anything.

So ...

Vote Mayhem for mod!

You are new to our history, arent you? Allow me to enlighten you: in days long past, RD had no modz. We could pretty much do whatever we wanted. Then came the Dark/Ave war. It was a flamefest of the ages, and after all was done and said, people began complaining. We needed a mod.

So a historical things happened. I started this thread semi-jokingly, never knowing Thrik would take notice. But a few RDers campaigned, and Thrik chose who he thought would make a more respectable mod. It was quite democratic. Since our modz dont really even do the little that is needed (since the poor souls cant even find the time to go on), and after the whole Drama, we've concluded we need a new mod.

I myself think I'd make a good mod. Had I never started this thread in the first place, we wouldn't even have our current AWOL modz at all. I know just as much about RD and it's history as it's oldest members, I am generally quite polite, spell as good as I possibly can, and adhere to the conventions of English. I do not stir up drama, nor do I take sides. I remain neutral for the most part and watch the action unfold with a bag of buttery popcorn. I introduced 2 new RDers whom we've already come to accept into our little heathen island, Turtlefreak and Tabby. I spread the Drama news over to those who'd taken a break from our happy little forums, egged Jimmy to return, started our oh-so-popular community RPs with 'The Anti-Tim RPG', have never eaten anything cute, called anyone a racial slur, lied under oath, caused a clusterf__k in the middleeast, started a war (even a flame-war) or anything.

So ...

Vote Mayhem for mod!

Wow... I don't think I could quite possibly live up to that. Good thing it's all lies. :xp:

That, and you never mentioned what you would do once you were made a mod. If I were to be elected as RD's newest moderator, I would crack down on pointless spam that isn't even of RD quality, and whose only purpose is to boost post count. The supermod known as coupes has taught... er, lectured me well in the area.

I've taken sides a couple of times in RD's past (Pirates, Zelly then Ave), but usually in the end I sit on the middle bench.

My studies? I have studied a minimum of 5 threads with a minimun of two pages each per forum page. Therefore, even though I arrived to the heathen island later than some, like Mayhem, I am well-versed in this haven's history.

My frequent presence within the forums should be evidence enough to you all that I would not unknowingly and without warning go MIA. So...

Vote Davinq for mod!

::shakes hands with Mayhem::

Let the elections begin!

Wtf happened to me campaigning? Dav? Huh? I'm gone for a few weeks and this is how the forums are when I get back? WITHOUT a St. Jimmy Campaign? (Dav, you were sposed to set it up for me ready for me for when I got back) But I guess I'll have to do it now...

Vote me. I'll tell you why after dinner.

Archived