Home

Shooting at Montreal College

Arreat

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5343714.stm

'A gunman has been killed after shooting and injuring at least 20 people - three seriously - at a college in the Canadian city of Montreal. '

The man entered the canteen of Dawson College, in central Montreal, during lunchtime and began firing.

Eyewitnesses described fleeing from the campus grounds as the gunman, clad in black, turned the gun on students.

Montreal's chief of police said the gunman was killed during the police intervention.

Terrified students and teachers from the college of 10,000 fled the campus, some with bloodstained clothes.

'Hiding in bushes'

An eyewitness described the moment that the gunman began shooting.

"He shot the people right next to us. They were all running, we were hiding in the bushes, there was debris flying from the bullets shot right next to us," she told CBC television.

Police with drawn guns were seen sheltering behind vehicles outside the site.

Professor Robert Soroka told Reuters news agency the shooting began at 1245 (1645 GMT), and said he heard about 20 shots fired over 30 minutes.

In December 1989 a gunman shot and killed 14 young women in Montreal's Ecole Polytechnique, before turning the gun on himself.

It's Columbine all over again. :(

Indeed, that is very sad news. At least it sounds like no one was killed besides the gunman.

Actually, a 20 year old girl was killed and 20 more people were injured, 6 of them seriously.

Well, sounds like he was packing a pistol from the report of how many shots were fired. Atleast it wasn't Tech 9s and Shotguns like Columbine.

Sucks still, though.

According to many witnesses, he had a semi-automatic weapon... :/ and he shot well over 50 shots.

I'm just coming back from downtown Montreal. I wasn't near the college but everyone in the office was shocked. We heard emergenciy vehicles all the afternoon.

Actually, a 20 year old girl was killed and 20 more people were injured, 6 of them seriously.

They just said on the news that 3 of them were in a very critical state.

Sad news :(

Some sources say he had an AK-47 :eek:

It was confirmed the 25 year old shooter acted alone. The was a rumor in the afternoon that there was a second shooter, but apparently it was a policeman dressed in street clothes. Apparently, police forces were already on site because of another operation, but the'y won't comment...

Yeah, great. He's a metal fan, so naturally that's been mentioned every ten words or so in every story you can find about this **** so far. It must be metal that made him do it. Hell, by these calculations, I'm a trenchcoat away from a murderous rampage. I see that now ebay has decided to ban sales of alot of "black metal" bands and albums.

"Dan Ferguson of Indianapolis, IN's Abyss Records: "I had a number of items removed and account suspended by selling black metal. It seems a group of so-called Christians have been reporting black metal bands (even though eBay has black metal as a search genre) as all racist and hateful and discriminatory."

So does this mean they'll also stop selling rap cds that promote violence against white people, women, and the po-leese? Right. **** you ebay.

In other metal music made me do it news, "Death Metal Music - tonight on The Discovery Channel 10pm est/9pm central. A one hour documentary studying the correlation between Death Metal and violence by its fans." **** you, Discovery Channel.

The latest news about the victims are that 6 of them are in critical state, 2 of them are very critical. Also 5 people are in stable condition.

Here's the rifle the shhoter was using...

beretta1.jpg

He also had a pistol and reports say he might have used a 3rd weapon.

Holy carp!! Looks like something from a computer game!

From the news it sounds very lucky that there were police officers on the scene almst immediately, apparently there on another operation. Otherwise you have to wonder if he wouldn't have killed a lot more people.

Guy was obviously an idiot if he completely missed the point of Super Columbine Massacre. Though i'd guess he might not have even played it.. just thought it sounded cool.

I knew the moment I heard about this, even before I knew he had ever played video games, that they would blame this on video games. Every school shooting makes video games fodder by the media.

By the way, that's a cool gun...

What? Just because he used it doesn't change the fact that I think it's a cool gun. :p

Same way I still think stingrays are cool...

Archived