KOTOR 3 Time setting

Darth Cain

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
80 Years after Kotor II.

What does QFE mean btw? :)

Quoted For Emphasis.

Back to topic, I expect KotOR III to run parallel to KotOR II, following Revan's tale and then picking up after KotOR II with the arrival of the Exile, about halway through the game. Atleast thats my concept of the game.

I don't think the game will start with either Revan and the exile. I think the time between K2 and K2 can't be as much as between K1 and 2. In my opinion, 5 years was a bit too much. I think another 5 years is too many. I would go for a few months after K2.

I would say two years would be good, the order is just builind up and the crew you turned into jedis in K2 could be gathering other people by visiting other planets and finding people to rebuild their ranks. so this would again be good if the character you play is already 20-25. The jedi are rebuilding so they wouldn't be as stuborn to deny entry to those who are too old, they need older people not children to fight in the war. Sure, there should be children in the temple on Coruscant and a good amount of adults but not a whole bunch, they're all scattered around some planets.

Anyone considered the possibility that Kotor 2 was the last of the games in the Jedi civil war era?

I could live with a Kotor around the 'Episode 1' era. It's still considered Old Republic, according to the timeline.

I would like a Tython-aged based Kotor too. Tython is the place where the jedi originated. It could be quit cool to fight in those ancient time, with ancient weaponry etc.

My 2 cents :xp:

Anyone considered the possibility that Kotor 2 was the last of the games in the Jedi civil war era?

No, because that idea is bs.

I could live with a Kotor around the 'Episode 1' era. It's still considered Old Republic, according to the timeline.

Yes, it is Old Republic but we're talking 4000 ABY Old Republic, not 25 ABY Ole' Republic.

I would like a Tython-aged based Kotor too. Tython is the place where the jedi originated. It could be quit cool to fight in those ancient time, with ancient weaponry etc.

That wouldn't be bad, actually, very nice.

My 2 cents :xp:

Well, they suck, so step aside please. :xp:

I believe it shouldn't be neither much time after K2, neither very less, one year or so is enough, for the Exile's companions to fit in as Jedi's.

Now those are some good 2 cents. After all, they're MINE 2 cents. :D Sorry if i hurt yar' feelings as well, Ztalker.

It certainly has to be in the same era (not before).

I think it should be set after the Jedi order has been re-established by the 'lost jedi', as long as it's not too long after K2.

Those who think that it should be set in a different era should be shot and hanged. It would be ok for a KOTOR 4 or a different KOTOR series, but no. 2 was a cliff hanger. It left unanswered (the often used examples is Star Wars V w/ VI).

Those who think that it should be set in a different era should be shot and hanged. It would be ok for a KOTOR 4 or a different KOTOR series, but no. 2 was a cliff hanger. It left unanswered (the often used examples is Star Wars V w/ VI).

Quoted for Emphasis

We need to know what happened to Revan and what happened to the Exile, particularly, in my opinion, who really was more powerful, and who will affect the galaxy on a larger scale.

I'd like to see KOTOR 3 to set directly after 2. I'd like to see something similar to Sabertooth's idea except instead of playing as Revan directly that the game be set like Final Fantasy 7 (or was it 8?) where you play the game as the main character but a bit into the game, as your own game progresses, you get to play in a flashback with other characters. The flashback bits can be a result of clues your main character finds as he/she searches for Revan/Exile.

*Just My Opinion*

I would like to see a brand new KotOR story. KotOR III could take place 1,000 years before Revan, or it can take place a few hundred years after Revan. If KotOR III takes place a few hundred years after Revan, I am sure you could read up on Exile and Revan's exploits. However, I don't want my PC involved with anything they have done. I think its time for a new chapter, characters, planet, etc... Placing KotOR III too close to KotOR II's storyarch will only create bordome.

Anywhere between immediately after KotOR II to 3 years afterwards MAX.

The story is incomplete. We need to know what happened about this threat lurking at the edge of the universe. If we don't then what? The True Sith just said " y'know what? Sod it. Invading the Republic's too much effort. Let's have a cuppa, put our feet up, and watch Coronation Street instead."

In the words of the HK-50 units "It makes no sense."

KotOR IV-VI can take place Tython-era.

KotOR VII-X can be 1,000 years later.

Let's keep to the epic formula :)

• 3 months later...

The time frames people are suggesting of only a few years between K2 and K3 are just way way too short. A decade is perfect, allowing the main character to have been growing up during the Jedi Civil War and a brand spanking new adult graduate of the new Jedi order just in time for K3.

Plus we get to see older and wiser versions of Revan and the Exile

I was thinking 5-10 years after KotOR 2. Anything else and the Jedi Order/Republic won't have had NEAR enough time to get patched up for the new wave of super-powerful baddies hell-bent on their destruction.

Edit: Also, too long after that 10-year benchmark creates disassociation with the main storyline and problems establishing continuity.

This has been something I've thought about for a while. KotOR III can't be set too far into the future because we kind of need to find out about Revan and the Exile's business with the True Sith. But of course, if you're going to be a brand new character in K3, then this character needs time to grow up.

I guess they could always set it a few months after TSL, use some random character that was on the sidelines during the Mando Wars, the JCW, and the Shadow War, and then somehow give some explanation as to why he's strong in the Force but didn't discover it till now. Maybe a Jedi could discover him/er on whatever planet s/he is on and decide to train him/er? Maybe Bastila could be that Jedi? I don't know, I'll just leave that up for the devs to decide. :D

Well it depends very much on who the PC will be. If it's Revan or the Exile it should be a few monts after K2. If there is a new PC then about 1-3 years (enough time for the Jedi\Sith Order to be rebuild). Not more because it wouldn't make sence Revan leaves he's gone for 5 years, Exile leaves she's gone for 5 years. What the hell have they been doing? Besides they're old enough as it is (in their mid 30s).

Archived