Home

Movies!

Vaelastraz

The Prestige

Bloody awesome movie. Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman are totally awesome in this movie. David Bowie also appears along side Andy Serkis. Michael Caine also appears too. The movie is quite complex, but once you see it all, it should all make sense. I totally recommend seeing this.

Just got back from seeing it. This movie was top-notch ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh...I watched tons of good movies...

-Pearl Harbor

-Equilibrium (Big Brother is Watching You!)

-Broken Arrow

-Swordfish

-Basic

-Domestic Disturbance

-Be Cool (Not to mention John Travolta)

-The Star Wars I-IV

-Alien VS. Predator (OK film)

-Unleashed

-Mummy I and II

-The Lord of War

-National Treasure

-Face Off

-LOTR I to III (I like Gandolf)

-Terminator I to III

-2001: A Space Odyssey and 2010 Space Odyssey: The Year We Make Contact

-Some Star Trek Series

-The Terminal

-Polar Express

-Saving Private Ryan

-Air Force One

-If TV series counts, I'll count in CSI, CSI: Miami and CSI: NYC.

Those are some I can think of. I'll add more later.

Those are classics CSI: Nihilus, especially Unleashed, BEST MOVIE EVER!!!! That's like the 5th time i've said that. Aliens Vs. Predator is kick@$$, The Mummy movies are good, and so is the Departed. I saw it at the movies though. It's not released on DVD yet, or not in Australia aty least, where I live.

...just a few.

Classic:

Godfather

Maltese Falcon

Bonnie&Clyde

Chinatown

Annie Hall

Old Skewl:

Shaft

Up in Smoke

Coolie High

Let's do it Again

The Wiz

Superfly

Retro 80's:

Scarface

Escape from NY

Wall Street

Terminator

Runnin' Scared

Purple Rain

To live and Die in LA

Silverado

Sci Fi/Fantasy:

Alien(s) first two only

Predator

The Fly

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Andromeda Strain

LOTR series

...and of course, Star Wars

Noteables:

The Matrix

Saving Ryan's Privates

A Bronx Tale

Lock, Stock, and two Smokin' Barrels

Never Cry Wolf

Kiss, Kiss/Bang, Bang

Cast Away

Almost Famous

Oh, absolutely go with something from Ph3nix's list. Those are the best movies of all time. Except, beware of Alien 3 and 4. They're pretty bad but do help you understand more about the creature, so... they're worth it if you really get into Alien, but otherwise... not that good. And don't forget Indiana Jones.

Oh, and since I don't think anyone has mentioned it until now, X-Men rocks. The first two are awesome. The third one, however, doesn't fit in with the first very well, and it takes on a completely new style due to the new director, but as a stand-alone movie, it's not bad. And there are some absolutely incredible parts. It has one of the best beginnings I've ever seen. Just don't expect them to stay true to the original story.

Oh, absolutely go with something from Ph3nix's list. Those are the best movies of all time. Except, beware of Alien 3 and 4. They're pretty bad but do help you understand more about the creature, so... they're worth it if you really get into Alien, but otherwise... not that good. And don't forget Indiana Jones.

Oh, and since I don't think anyone has mentioned it until now, X-Men rocks. The first two are awesome. The third one, however, doesn't fit in with the first very well, and it takes on a completely new style due to the new director, but as a stand-alone movie, it's not bad. And there are some absolutely incredible parts. It has one of the best beginnings I've ever seen. Just don't expect them to stay true to the original story.

^^Heh heh.

Just partially paid attention to The 6th Day on tv. Ah-nold as his cheeziest. It's nice to see one of the countless Hollywood-schlock movies they film in Vancouver actually take the time to show off recognizable landmarks and some of the city's scenic beauty. The poor public library got blowed up reeeeal good in the climax, and the Arnster gets to fly off into the sunset in his CGI helicopter under the Lion's Gate bridge. The 6th Day also scores high in geek-trivia for being approximately the 349685724596872th movie or tv show to feature the exact same alarm tone used in Deus Ex, and for the futuristic Arniechopper making the same "Whoosh!" noise as Colonial Vipers launching from Battlestar Galactica.

Archived