Home

Tying the Knot

Fuu

@LIAYD: Thanks! Been a while, non? Dont beat yourself up, I'm late for almost everything.

Let's hope you're not late for the wedding :lol:.

Anyway, a bit Off-Topic, but I might read your Fic, A Jedi's Promise and resurrect it posting my views. And I like the Family Guy Avatar too.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, a bit Off-Topic, but I might read your Fic, A Jedi's Promise and resurrect it posting my views. And I like the Family Guy Avatar too.

I think resurrect a dead post is sort of spamming, according to Jae.

I think resurrect a dead post is sort of spamming, according to Jae.

Off-Topic: It is, but I've found out that as long as it isn't something like, "This is good" and it is giving advice, etc, you're okay. In fact, someone broke the rules in two of my old Fics saying, "That was tight." I never answered his post though.

Well, considering I'm getting up around 5 to get ready I don’t think that will happen........besides his mom would kill me! XD the preacher has to drive home right after he does the wedding.

Thanks for the compliments :) I'm glad people still like it. Speaking of which:

@CSI:Nihilus: It wouldn’t be spam to post her comments its topic related XP.....and.....

@Pottsie: It wouldn't really be a bump because....(suprise!) I'm 2/3 done with Ch. 4 & plan on posting it in the *cough* near future.

Finishing the guest list this weekend. Still need to decide on flowers......Yarrgh!

So I'm a little late to post, however, congrats.

Perhaps in the not so distant future I may be having a thread like this of my own...

Awwww Siffehs in wuv! Thanks hun. Hope you have as much luck in love as I have! <3

Nope, General Ackbar. Eh, I doubt she wants a Mon Cal as her bridemaid.

Excuse me while I confer with my wedding consultant. But, won't his skin clash with the wedding colors?!?!?!

You can't be the bridesmaid. I'm the bridesmaid.

*giggles coquettishly*

Agreed. Fittings are in 2 months, better start countin them calories sis. BTW....no hotel fees until the night of.

You guys are SO obsessed. Besides, I AM the bridesmaid. Or whatever is it's male equivalent.

Obsessed, I think not. Deranged, absolutely. In response to your second sentance: Uhhhhhh.....no. Oh, and the male equivilent is a groomsman.

:rofl: I didn't know you could do anything 'coquettishly'. :D Fuu, has he ever done anything 'coquettishly'?

*scratches noodle* Once or twice. I will say that Niner is HAWT in a dress.

CRAP ITS ALMOST 2007! I'm seriously feeling the jitters about now. Let's hope I can get the list/invites picked by the end of the year!

Awwww Siffehs in wuv! Thanks hun. Hope you have as much luck in love as I have! <3

Ahh, young love. It's great. :)

Excuse me while I confer with my wedding consultant. But, won't his skin clash with the wedding colors?!?!?!

Depends on how someone defines 'calypso'. Just out of curiosity, what color is it?

*scratches noodle* Once or twice. I will say that Niner is HAWT in a dress.

Now there's an interesting teaser line if I ever heard one. I suddenly have this picture of RN wearing a geisha outfit and giggling behind a fan. It's kind of, eh, unusual. :D

CRAP ITS ALMOST 2007! I'm seriously feeling the jitters about now. Let's hope I can get the list/invites picked by the end of the year!

Humor mode on:

The fate of the astronauts of Apollo 13 does not rest on wedding perfection. :) It'll come together fine, booboos will be minor, everyone will have a fine time, it'll be a great day.

When Jimbo and I couldn't decide on baby names, we each made a list of 10 names. We circled the ones that were on both lists (about 3 of them) and that made it a lot easier to decide. You both could make a list of invitees, compare to see who's on both lists, and go from there.

Make sure to specifically plan some 'down time' during the week before your wedding. You'll need the rest, otherwise you'll be worn out the day of your wedding. Which would make you worn out on your wedding night, and that would be bad. ;)

Delegate as much as you possibly can--your bridesmaids, family, and friends are dying to help (OK, most of them are dying to help. The rest are jerks.). Let them take some of the work load for you.

And have a lot of fun--that's important, too! :)

Another one? Is everyone trying to be like me???

prime_failed.jpg

The wedding consultant says no. Fish will be present as part of the meal only. :)

Maid of Honor and Best Man. <3

Uhhh....what? He asked the male equiv. of a bridesmaid.

<snip>Depends on how someone defines 'calypso'. Just out of curiosity, what color is it?

<Fuu: It's a darker blue that has a little less green than teal.>

Now there's an interesting teaser line if I ever heard one. I suddenly have this picture of RN wearing a geisha outfit and giggling behind a fan. It's kind of, eh, unusual. :D

<Fuu: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!>

Humor mode on:

The fate of the astronauts of Apollo 13 does not rest on wedding perfection. :) It'll come together fine, booboos will be minor, everyone will have a fine time, it'll be a great day.

<snip>

Yeah I've been ok. I already have an "Invitation Party" planned, and one to do the flowers a week bnefore. Everything else is really just about creativity and making the actual decisions. HURRRR. I'm doing little things to keep the stress down....bubble bath here.....special dinner there.... going to yoga etc. It just blows me away how quickly time is passing by.

YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Another one? Is everyone trying to be like me???

prime_failed.jpg

The wedding consultant says no. Fish will be present as part of the meal only. :)

:lol: Say what? I was just spouting the luv mang. said it before...sure I will again. Great minds bro, great minds. <3

I cant think of any wedding realted.......conversation just now XP

F

• 2 weeks later...

^ lolz! I dream of a costumed rehearsal. Sadly, I don’t think any of us are that organized.

New Development: Not_me may wear a kilt! (Read: Holy leghair batman!)

Crap, I think my color scheme might fly out the window............ Here's hoping he makes a decision soon.

Dang five and a half years? That's great! I was with my now ex for four and a half..but anyways, congratulations to you! :)

Oh and my cousin just got married - her advice to me [when i'm ready to get married] was to simply go to Vegas and do it...too much work she said. lol

• 2 months later...

So pretty much everything is done at this point. I still have to get the flowers & last minute alterations but other then that I'm good. Now why am I still freaking out? :lol: Hey at least I kept my promise to bump this thread!

The bridesmaids are wearing :

dresskj5.jpg

I choose not to post what I'm wearing for fear that the Hubby will see it prematurely.

The invites are out. If you didn't get one, Here's a teaser for you:

Outside

teaservz5.jpg

Inside

outsideih9.jpg

Food Card

foodcrdyp5.jpg

I left off the registry one, but then envelope looks like:

envgo2.jpg

The cake is paid for & everyone is fitted. At this point I just have to worry about a few minor details.

Next Sat is my wedding shower. It's strange, but for some reason I'm not looking forward to it.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Fuu

Archived