Home

Tying the Knot

Fuu

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Jae: thanks! I made the invites myself. I tried to make the LFN friendly one a good laugh, sadly it wasn't one of my shining moments.

That dress was difficult to get for all the girls. For some reason they have very little in that color. I love it nonetheless.

@LIAYD: No silly, that's for the bachelorette party! I'm interviewing Chippendales, any takers? :lol: As for the cake:

3 teir <stacked>. 1 layer is chocolate explosion & 2 layers are choc. raspberry mousse.

The outside has a white, pearl bordered hand icing, with a pattern called swiss diamond dot. I am buying orchids for the bakery to cascade around the cake.

This is one thing I couldn't scrimp on. Considering the menu it would have been horrible to serve a sub par (read: ghetto) cake. Thankfully I was able to get what we wanted without breaking the bank. My original cake was priced at $1000, but I got this one for $480. So, I feel pretty good about it.

F

I wish i was Mr Fuu. :) Seriously though, all the best and have fun. Last wedding i went to, the organ player was 76 and hard of hearing. It sounded like someone was hitting the organ with a dead cat. I couldn't stop laughing, so if at any time you feel nervous about anything. Just think of the funny things that can happen and you'll have a blast.

U go Fuu!

P.S: Send me cake!

@ ED: :lol: Uhhh..... I don't know that cake is shippable.

@Prime: Yes, my consultant friend. I'm actually feeling a lot better because most of it is done. Thanks hun.

@HerbieZ: Awww.Thanks hun.

I changed out those images. So the shower is today. I have to go pick up my maid of honor who lives two hours away, but it's a beautiful drive.Plus, I'll have lots of alone time with my own thoughts. If I've learned anything from this it's that centering yourself is key. Stress serves no purpose other than to damage one's body. (Or maybe waste time?)

Thanks for the feedback.

F

Nice cake!! We were poor college students, so a lady from my grandma's retirement subdivision decided to make us a cake as a wedding gift to us. Since she was a fabulous baker and talented cake decorator, this was a wonderful gift.

Can I be on the panel that interviews the Chippendales?

Thanks Jae! I think it's sweet that a nice old lady made your cake. Really baking has become a lost art. In our mothers day all women learned how to bake, even if they didn't like it. I think it's more memorable to do it that way, sadly I don't have the baking prowess to do it myself.

As for the Panel, I'd be honored if you chose to spearhead the operation. I could always use a few good women on my side.

F

• 4 weeks later...

* Flails Arms Wildly * 4 DAYS! At this point almost everything is done, I have a few things to do yet, but most of the can't be done until just before or the morning of. I'd like to say I'm not freaking out.......but I suspect my bluff would be called. It's not that I'm stressed persay, more like nervous & excited. Thanks for all the support you guys. Now pray it doesnt rain! LOL Seriously though, a word to the wise in plannin a wedding: Do the legwork to find deals on everything. We sleuthed alot to find cheap deals on nice things for our wedding, and because of that we're getting a $20k wedding for less than $12 (Yes kiddies, weddings are expensive!). I couldnt be happier with everything though, now if only I could get the parents to stop freaking out life would be perfect :lol:.

Thanks to anyone who said something, the next time you see me I'll be a Mrs.!

Fuu

Archived