Home

Congratulations stoffe and Jae Onasi!

Emperor Devon

Out of curiosity, who selects someone to be a moderator/supermoderator/administrator at the lucasforums?

Other staff members, I'd guess. :)

ED never fears. he only freaks out :D

Most of my freaking out was done privately, actually. It took a lot of text and an article from Uncyclopedia, but I think I'm over it. I'll survive somehow. :p

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see you've been made a full moderator here, stoffe! Congratulations very much!

Thanks. I'm surprised you noticed already though, it was only changed yesterday. Do you usually browse the forum moderator list of the forums on a daily basis? :p

Out of curiosity, who selects someone to be a moderator/supermoderator/administrator at the lucasforums?

As far as I know (which likely isn't very far) moderators are chosen at the whim of an administrator when they feel there is a need for it, or whatever reason they might have. Supermoderator and Administrator appointments is a closely guarded secret only privy to the inner circle of forum oligarchs. :)

Thanks. I'm surprised you noticed already though, it was only changed yesterday. Do you usually browse the forum moderator list of the forums on a daily basis? :p

Yeah. It's my favorite thing to do here. :p

No, I just scrolled down to the bottom of Ahto and noticed some extra bulk in the list of moderators. From there I proceeded to jump out of my chair in abject horror. :D

I believe it's some ancient ritual involving robed men locked inside a room and smokestacks emitting differently colored smoke or some such?

The admins don't mind more practical methods. :naughty:

:xp:

Edit: Afraid to crack jokes about the administrators, stoffe? :p

who do you think ? look at the banner ;)

4670-George-Lucas.jpg

I still have the framed email on my desk :

"Dear Astro,

Due to your outstanding contribution to Lucasforums forums since 2002, we would like to award you the esteemed position of moderator in the Star Wars Forums Expanded Universe & Community areas. It is my understanding that you have an astounding degree of EU knowledge, if I ever need to check up on something for the new TV series', I'll buzz you. Because it is set during the formative stages of the Rebellion I know I need to chuck Garm Bel Iblis in there, or the fans will have a fit.

Regards

George Lucas

Skywalker Ranch. April 2005"

Im not joking, y'know ;)

mtfbwya

I don't know if I want to congrat them, or if I should feel bad for them. I prefer to stay on the outside looking inward. Lol...

Lol...

I wish you both well. I hope that you both have reached one of your goals by becoming a full moderator. :)

Lol...

Now, bow your heads in shame.

Lol...

Hehehe...

J/K

The admins don't mind more practical methods. :naughty:

:xp:

Edit: Afraid to crack jokes about the administrators, stoffe? :p

No, but if you are very sensitive you could draw a comparison to a particular religious ritual for appointing a leader of the faith. So I figured it was better not to potentially offend anyone needlessly, admin or not, in case they thought I was belittling said rare occurrence. But you were too fast to read and respond I guess. My sense of humor can be quite peculiar at times and retroactive self-moderation needed. :)

No, but if you are very sensitive you could draw a comparison to a particular religious ritual and I figured it was better not to potentially offend anyone needlessly, admin or not, in case they thought I was belittling said rare occurrence. But you were too fast to read and respond I guess. :)

I think you will find ancient rituals with colored smoke and robed men to be more common in obscure cults than actual religions. :p

People joke about the admins and satanic rituals all the time. I've seen it done who knows how often, and they often go along with it. :)

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!! I wanna be a mod too...! *shoves hands in pockets and kicks something across the room peevishly* Don't let all the times I sold smack to schoolkids while disguised as a nun sway you! I'm an awesome guy! Chainz really didn't edit one of my posts just yesterday...this is just foul slander and gossip! Really...! I would never abuse moderator powers...certainly not in the Senate Chambers or anything!

What?!

Jae & -stoffe-: congrats. :D

^ made me laugh and spit coke on computer :(

Happens with all newbies. I avoid drinking anything whenever I'm posting in Ahto. :D

Chainz really didn't edit one of my posts just yesterday...this is just foul slander and gossip!

I have proof that would show otherwise. :p

And it looks like Jae still hasn't shown up for her congratulatory thread. :xp:

who do you think ? look at the banner ;)

4670-George-Lucas.jpg

I still have the framed email on my desk :

"Dear Astro,

Due to your outstanding contribution to Lucasforums forums since 2002, we would like to award you the esteemed position of moderator in the Star Wars Forums Expanded Universe & Community areas. It is my understanding that you have an astounding degree of EU knowledge, if I ever need to check up on something for the new TV series', I'll buzz you. Because it is set during the formative stages of the Rebellion I know I need to chuck Garm Bel Iblis in there, or the fans will have a fit.

Regards

George Lucas

Skywalker Ranch. April 2005"

Im not joking, y'know ;)

mtfbwya

:rofl:

And it looks like Jae still hasn't shown up for her congratulatory thread.

Probably out drowning her sorrows in a stiff drink or two. "Oh my Gawd! What have I gotten myself into?" :xp:

Seriously, it is a poor reflection on me that I have yet to offer my congratulations our two newest mods. So allow me to rectify the situation and say congrats to the both of you. Well earned!

Archived