Home

It is out of my hands now.

The Seeker

Well folks, it took me seven years from inspiration to absolute completion, but I finished my first book and sent it off to a publisher for consideration last week. So begins the horrible waiting 4-6 months for a response to find out if I'm going to be a published author or just an author.

I'm gonna go throw up now. :D

Good luck to you!

Getting a book published is very difficult. If they hate it, don't let it discourage you. Many authors get horrible responses the first time they send a book in, only to eventually have they book become a best seller. heh. Remember, publishers are people too, and they are not always correct.

Hopefully, all goes well though! If not, keep sending it to different publishers.

"I wrote a book, you know."

Nah, the best pickup line is "I slay internet dragons!" I actually know someone who used that line...

Wow, thanks guys. So the general consensus seems to be you want the title, what it's about and possibly a sample.

Well, out of the goodness of my heart, because I rock just that much, I'll give you the title and synopsis. If you're intrigued enough, I might just throw you a chapter or two.

As you can guess, from the synopsis, it's a Fantasy novel, and it weighs in at just under 200,000 words

Title: Fate's Warriors

Synopsis: Jarrek Korvan, a minor clairvoyant and hero of a war six years previous is suddenly called to duty once again, this time to help defend his city from an unprovoked invasion by the neighboring Shalorain Empire.

It's only after the fierce battle that he discovers the true reasons for the attack. It was used as a diversion so that a single sorcerer could infiltrate the city and recover a mysterious artifact. Jarrek doesn't know what the sorcerer found. He only knows that whatever it was was hidden beneath his house and that his wife Azura tried to stop the sorcerer and was murdered in the process.

As he searches desperately for clues to the identity of the killer, he has a vision of the future. He Sees the sorcerer standing in a clearing that he knows well, eight years into the future, holding whatever he recovered from beneath Jarrek's house. He can't see the killer's face, but he does see that he is protected by a dozen Shalorain Blood Warriors.

Blood Warriors serve as royal bodyguards, and the only line of law in the Shalorain Empire. Trained from birth to adulthood martially and magically, they are the fiercest fighting force in the world.

Jarrek knows that he stands no chance of fighting through them, so he enlists the aid of his friend Gavin, a banished sorceress named Sonya, along with a dozen street kids from his city. His plan is to train the kids over the next eight years so that when the time comes, they can face off against the Blood Warriors so that he can kill the sorcerer who murdered his wife.

What he doesn't know is that the sorcerer is the crown prince of the Shalorain Empire, secretly trained to use magic, and is searching for a set of ancient scepters, stolen at the founding of the world. Once he joins all five of them together, he will have access to power that rivals the gods themselves.

So while Jarrek is setting forward with revenge being his only goal, the prince continues his quest to find the scepters. When they meet, it will be a battle that is merely a continuation between mortals what was started by the gods. A battle that has been destined forever and will once and for all decide the fate of the world.

So, that's it in a nutshell without giving too many spoilers. And thanks again to all the well wishers.

I am well prepared to be violently shot down by the publisher, so fear not. If it's turned down, I'll move on to the next on my list. Still, I can't help but hope it's accepted right away.

You're gonna dedicate it to all of us, right? ;)

Good luck. :)

Ya know, you guys will be in the acknowledgments. A couple years ago, I needed help naming one of the characters, and got a lot of good ideas. Some I used, some I changed, others I ignored. But either way, the Swamp was a fountain of help.

wait... I think I actually remember that.

I remember a thread waay back.. maybe before I was actually a member, where someone was asking about good non-cheesy sounding character names... or the name of a sort of magic or something.

Was that you?

why yes I did. It was just the name I needed. Haven't seen Millions o monkeys around in forever though. It was him who thought of the name, which I pronounce zah-ten-in btw. Good name.

I also posted a sample chapter forever ago, but due to rewrites, that is no longer a legit chapter. Well, it's legit, just not exactly canon with the rest of the book anymore.

I remember a thread waay back.. maybe before I was actually a member, where someone was asking about good non-cheesy sounding character names... or the name of a sort of magic or something.

Was that you?

I thought it was RP who needed suggestions on something for his book. He developed a force similar to "The Force" but wanted to call it a different name.

As you can guess, from the synopsis, it's a Fantasy novel, and it weighs in at just under 200,000 words

Well, to see how long 200,000 words is I took that synopsis of yours and copy and pasted until I had 198,000 words... 357 pages single space in 12 font on 8.5x11" paper... Holy ****.

Then I took a general slightly large paper-back novel type size of 8x6.5" with 10 font and it weighed around 525 pages...

Tell your publisher that you want a non stereotypical cover... I was thinking, in my little mind, that if I ever had a book published, I would find a commission artist on DeviantArt and have them make you a cool cover for relatively cheap.

Also, if you thank us (Lucas Forums) somewhere in the book I will, on pain of death, buy 3 copies of this book. Otherwise it will probably only be one copy.

Archived