Home

Star Wars 07 - The Force Unleashed

jonathan7

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd bne interested to see how is the whole advanced physics engine thing is gonna play out on the ps3's 256 MB of RAM =/

It's a shame they haven't announced a PC version. I'd have bought this instead of Crysis, but I guess I'll be a Crysis player isntead. Silly LucasArts. I'm not willing to shell out for a console just for one game

And lol at the guy who said the PC can't handle Force Unleashed...what do you think they used to build the game?

I'd bne interested to see how is the whole advanced physics engine thing is gonna play out on the ps3's 256 MB of RAM =/

It's a shame they haven't announced a PC version. I'd have bought this instead of Crysis, but I guess I'll be a Crysis player isntead. Silly LucasArts. I'm not willing to shell out for a console just for one game

And lol at the guy who said the PC can't handle Force Unleashed...what do you think they used to build the game?

Touché mon ami!

I didn't know the PS3 only had 256MB if RAM, what are they hoping to do with that? Play JK2?

Maybe they'll bring it out for PC once DX10 has settled in more, to take full advantage of its capabilities, look at Jade Empire, it took a while, but we've finally got a PC version!

It's bugging me that I can't place the music from the first half of the video. It's so familiar yet it escapes me from where. It's from a movie, but I don't know which one. Anyone?

People are saying it's from Van Helsing, but I'll ask my fiancée tomorrow, she's like a music dictionary lol, knows everything!

Touché mon ami!

I didn't know the PS3 only had 256MB if RAM, what are they hoping to do with that? Play JK2?

Maybe they'll bring it out for PC once DX10 has settled in more, to take full advantage of its capabilities, look at Jade Empire, it took a while, but we've finally got a PC version!

That's what I was beginning to think...they may be waiting until DX10 is all settled in and market saturation of DX10 cards has increased. I guess adapting the console version to work with DX10 would require more work than a direct DX9 port or someting? I'd be willing to wait a year longer for the game and still maintain my faith in LucasArts provided there was a good reason (such as DX10) for the game to be delayed on PC...but it better come!

and I believe the PS3 has 256MB main RAM + 256MB gDDR3 vram...which just means developers have to be craftier to work with such limited memory I guess

It's bugging me that I can't place the music from the first half of the video. It's so familiar yet it escapes me from where. It's from a movie, but I don't know which one. Anyone?

Requiem for Dream? It's in the credits. I've been trying to find that song forever until I finally found it in the credits. :p If not, sorry. :xp:

Pushed ack (Mocking Thread title)? What? I was hoping to get the game for Christmas, but I suppose this time, LA have learnt their mistake of forcing the developers to release the game too early. In a way, it is good and bad. Thanks for the news Negative Sun.

And that is kinda old news i belive. Maybe not. But i have heard of it.

And it's on the wrong forum. And perhaps, no offense NS but maybe it should have been posted on one of the TFU topics we have.

And other than that, yeah it sucks, but as long as it gets great and gets in the wave of games that have went to PC like Assassin's Creed and DMC 4.

You know, you could just fuse all the topics together into one.

I might like this game. Playing an evil person might be nice, and it will be a good replacement for "God of War", since I have Xbox. Still...a little worried it might go the way of Duke Nukem Forever? Promising the moon...and only getting screenshots in return.

Well, given the results of rushing Kotor II and Battlefront II, I see this as more good than bad. Although, the stupid fanboys will probably rant and complain about it until they decide to rush it, at which point they will complain that it was rushed and sucks when it is released.

^^^

Is TFU finished? Not hardly. Expect it sometime in 2008.

Starwars.com has posted a Haden Blackman article about TFU's production stages. Seems like LucasArts want to give the fans a view into the making of TFU, similar to what Lucasfilm did with the movies. He does say they've hit "First Playable" with TFU.

The Force Unleashed: From Concept to Console

• 2 months later...

A new TFU video has been posted at Yahoo! Games.

It's got a few clips in it that I hadn't seen before and interview footage with Jim Ward, Peter Hirschmann, and Haden Blackman on how the concept for The Force Unleashed came about and was developed.

I particularly enjoyed the music they used at the end of the clip when I recognized it was music from KotOR 2: TSL. :D

Archived