Home

Star Wars 07 - The Force Unleashed

jonathan7

Yes, but there are the big ones, which they focus on.

Why would this game be different than the others that they didn't port? And why port it when you have already achieved the vast portion of your potential sales already? Plus the cost and effort of porting digs even more into those PC profits.

Yes. But the point is that there aren't a lot of PC players compared to console players.

You make some good points (although i think the fact that next-gen console games cost $10 more, and that the figures are accounting only for boxed, retial games (thus excluding all games purchased through Steam, Direct2Drive, EA Link or similar), is something that should at least be taken into consideration), but i don't really want to hear it, because the day they stop making PC games will be the day i'll stop playing games. :) The consoles offer too limited functionality for me.

But let's stop discussing this now...i don't want to make Jae mad again. :)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It isn't Lucasarts abandoning PC games, it's the players.
Hmmm... I wonder if it isn't more the case of the PC game market leveling off in terms of growth while the console and handheld markets have not only overtaken PC gaming in terms of sales but have left PC gaming in the dust.

From my personal experience (highly non-scientific) I can't think of any people I know that have dropped PC gaming in favor of consoles. I just think that consoles reach a segment of the population that doesn't want to fiddle with the complexities of playing on PC and just want to pop the game in and play it. Obviously that segment of the population is much larger than the PC gaming segment. :D

Seems like I remember reading an article where Jim Ward said that LucasArts had missed out on the market shift to consoles and aimed to get back in the game. I guess TFU is the realization of that.

Nice picture. Also, if anything, playing games on Computers aren't that good. Sure, you have better graphics and have the ability to mod, but doesn't that installing, crashing, etc annoy you? If it is good on PSP, I might get it on there too, but I'll either get it on PS2 or PS3.

Given that I get both those advantages, and can play in bed, no.

Also, Playstations etc also crash quite a bit themselves.

There's always a chance something will crash, but it doesn't happen _that_ often, especially once the bugs are worked out of a game. Kotor crashes on my laptop probably once every 15 game sessions, but I have the absolute bare minimum on the video card, so I expect to have a little problem now and then. We have almost no problems on our desk top.

The consoles are really nothing more than very specialized computers that do one thing only but do it well: play games.

And...to put this on topic, I'm sure it'll be fun to play on either system, and I'm looking forward to seeing it come out. Looks like some good times ahead for the Jae/Jimbo family. :)

Mod note: The topic of this thread is the upcoming The Force Unleashed game, not which platform is superior for gaming. If you want to continue the PC vs. Console vs. Another Console discussion please do so in another thread, and keep this one to speculation, discussion and information about The Force Unleashed.

Thank you. :)

It seems the game is gonna take place in Kashyyyk, like the novel DARK LORD:RISE OF DARTH VADER, I bet we get to pwn some wookies old school. lol

Rule Number 1: Kill them before they kill you.

Darthzayne strike again

here something new content again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWAjyIOwc14&mode=related&search=

( this is some page from the official xbox magazine )

Enjoy.

ill keep digging raround and see what i can find.

Edit:

i found something crazy about it

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=42397

its not the old tech video , at the begening you got some indiana jones stuff but right after this is star wars new content ...

ENJOY.

Nope, she was the Emperor's 'secret' apprentice.

I read a similar article like the ones in the video, in a local games magazine over here. It says something interesting about a possible 'Rebel' Romance, and 'making choices.'

The magazine then supposes that the Rebel girl might be a plot device for going LS. Interesting, non? :D

After originally announcing a November 2007 release date last month, GameSpot's Tim Surrette reports that LucasArts representatives have told him Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will now be released in 2008 Q2.

Oh well. It's okay though, I'm sure they won't rush the game, and it will be perfect.

On a related note, when is Duke Nukem Forever coming out?

Archived