Home

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (spoilers ahead)

Jae Onasi

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tend to play graveyard police for 5 hectic minutes instead.

Tried that once, or twice, once when I played as a female char I took care of Romeo's ''needs'' myself, but what I usually do is pick up a... lady of the night, heh heh, from the Hollywood street and bring her to Romeo.

@Jae: Once you reach Chinatown be sure to talk to the old fortune teller, he's one of the funniest characters in the game and will also have a very interesting quest for you later on.

^^^^

Ya know, since this is a technically a KotOR forum, I don't feel too geeky pointing out that the voice actress that voiced....those characters (:D) also provided the voice for Handmaiden. In fact a lot of KotOR talent was used in VtM:B.

Heather/Damsel = Juhani

Fat Larry (et al) = Gadon Thek

Knox = Disciple

Trip (from the pawn shop) = Griff

I know it's common to hear the same talent in different games, but it's odd to play TSL knowing that Handmaiden has such a potty-mouth :D

Hehe, nice find. I only recognised the Therese's&Jeanette's voice, but nobody elses. Knox sounds nothing like Disciple (i think...been a while since i played the game), and Heather's voice is sweet, while Juhai's is quite annoying and whinny.

It's one of the things I like about this game--each place has its own personality, and they took care to try to make each area have its own special features. A shame the company went out of business. Hope the people are still working in the field.

Some work for Obsidian now. I agree. I do like how the developers made each location unique, and it pulls together very nicely. Even though you play the game once with one character, you haven't played the game in its entirerty (sp?). There are so many other side avenues to the game, which you cannot see with one or two play throughs. I really love this game.

Do not mind my posts in this thread. I am enjoying watching noodies play this game. I am interested in everyone's impression.

Has anyone been to the:

Haunted Mansion? Did it make you freak out? Play the game at night, with the lights off, and you will jump out of your seat at times. Lol...

The same actress also voiced Rosa, the Malkavian thin-blood down at the beach who tells you your future. I didn't recognize her as Heather or Damsel, but Rosa's accent sounded very familiar. :D

Speaking of Rosa, without giving away any spoilers, anyone playing through for the first time will do well to remember her advice... Its worth the money.

I don't think she is a Malkavian, though. She may be, but I got the impression she was a seer before becoming a vampire. I could be wrong, but thats just my impression... not that it really matters either way.

@Bob--I talked to Rosa, but forgot what she said now. :)

@Mac--The Ocean house is seriously creepy. I was playing it late one night and was alone in my bedroom. After getting summarily squashed, I had to go back to the entire beginning of the house again. I decided to put the game aside until daylight because I couldn't deal with the freaky stuff anymore. :D

I finished VV's quests, killed those creepy fleshy things and gave the tapes to Isaac, got the quest for the mansion, took care of the serial killer, saved Ash, and talked to Strauss about the gargoyle quest. Not too bad for a few hours' work. :)

To those of you who played through the game already: which ending did you choose?

Either the "Myself" ending or the Anarch ending. Jack is awesome!

Its also satisfying to "gesture" to the Anarchs when you decide to go it on your own. I mean, I liked the Anarchs, but they were using you just like LaCroix... even if their purpose was nobler...

Anyway, seeing as how so many of us are fans of the game, I thought it might be fun to make a Vampire Smilie. They are pretty basic, but hope you guys and gals like them!

Vampire-Smilie-V2.gif

And an animated version

Vampire-Smilie-AniV2.gif

To those of you who played through the game already: which ending did you choose? Answer with spoiler...

I prefer the Anarch ending, though I think they should have included a variant of the "going solo" ending scene at the base of Venture Tower meeting up with the rest of the gang after giving Lacroix the key and escaping.

I didn't like the Lacroix, Kuei-Jin or "greedy going solo" endings, but if you get them you deserve to get them. After all those warnings, and plenty of proof about how trustworthy Lacroix and Ming-Xiao are your vamp has to be pretty stupid to try to ally with them anyway. I see them more as "that's what you get for being evil/greedy" endings. :)

The Camarilla ending (Strauss) felt so-so, since it didn't answer the questions about the Ankaran Sarcophagus, and you didn't get the awesome scene with Jack, the king and Caine up on the hill overlooking the town. :)

ClanData
{
	Text
	{
		"TemplateName"			"Player_Gangrel"
		"Name"				"Gangrel"
		"Description"			"Gangrels are wild loners that are the most in tune with the Beast within, allowing them to shapeshift into more beastly forms.  Nomadic in nature, Gangrels care little about vampire politics and prefer to dwell and hunt in the outskirts of society.  Because of their animalistic nature, they receive a +5 to Strength, Stamina, and Wits during Frenzy.  However, because of their inherent feral nature, Gangrel receive a -1 on all Frenzy checks."
		"ShortDescription"		"+5 to Strength, Wits, and Stamina during Frenzy."
		"ShortPenaltyDescription"	"-1 on all Frenzy checks."
	}

General
	{
		"Clan"			"Gangrel"
		//"M_Body0"		"models/character/pc/male/gangrel/armor_0/Gangrel_Male_Armor_0.mdl"
		//"M_Body1"		"models/character/pc/male/gangrel/armor_1/Gangrel_Male_Armor_1.mdl"
		//"M_Body2"		"models/character/pc/male/gangrel/armor_2/Gangrel_Male_Armor_2.mdl"
		//"M_Body3"		"models/character/pc/male/gangrel/armor_3/Gangrel_Male_Armor_3.mdl"
		//"M_Body4"		"models/character/pc/male/gangrel/armor_3/Gangrel_Male_Armor_3.mdl"
		//"M_Body5"		"models/character/pc/male/gangrel/armor_3/Gangrel_Male_Armor_3.mdl"
		"M_Body0"		"models/character/pc/male/tremere/armor0/tremere_Male_Armor_0.mdl"
		"M_Body1"		"models/character/pc/male/tremere/armor1/tremere_Male_Armor_1.mdl"
		"M_Body2"		"models/character/pc/male/tremere/armor2/tremere_Male_Armor_2.mdl"
		"M_Body3"		"models/character/pc/male/tremere/armor3/tremere_Male_Armor_3.mdl"
		"M_Body4"		"models/character/pc/male/tremere/armor3/tremere_Male_Armor_3.mdl"
		"M_Body5"		"models/character/pc/male/tremere/armor3/tremere_Male_Armor_3.mdl"
		"F_Body0"		"models/character/pc/female/gangrel/armor0/Gangrel_female_Armor_0.mdl"
		"F_Body1"		"models/character/pc/female/gangrel/armor1/Gangrel_female_Armor_1.mdl"
		"F_Body2"		"models/character/pc/female/gangrel/armor2/Gangrel_female_Armor_2.mdl"
		"F_Body3"		"models/character/pc/female/gangrel/armor3/Gangrel_female_Armor_3.mdl"
		"F_Body4"		"models/character/pc/female/gangrel/armor3/Gangrel_female_Armor_3.mdl"
		"F_Body5"		"models/character/pc/female/gangrel/armor3/Gangrel_female_Armor_3.mdl"
//			"M_Hands"		"models/hands/male/gangrel/v_gangrel_male_hands.mdl"
//			"F_Hands"		"models/hands/female/gangrel/v_gangrel_fem_hands.mdl"
		//"M_Hands"		"models/hands/male/shared/v_shared_male_hands.mdl"
		"F_Hands"		"models/hands/female/shared/v_shared_female_hands.mdl"
		"Gender"		"Male, Female"
//			"History"		"None, Megalomaniac, All-Star Athlete, Close to the Beast, Black-Hearted, Avid RPG Fan, Eco-Terrorist Hacker, Ex-cop, Perv, Deaf"
		"ClanEffect"		"Clan (Gangrel)"
		"FrenzyEffect"		"Frenzy (Gangrel)"
//			"FrenzyEffect"		"Frenzy(Kindred)"
		"Kindred"		"1"
		"ClanIcon"		"cm_clan_symbol_gangrel"
		"Multiplayer"		"1"
		"MPEquipPkg"		"2"
		"Is_BlueBlood"	"0"
		"SoundGroup"	""
	}

Attributes
	{
		"Attrib_Order"	"Physical_Mental_Social"
		"Strength"		"1"
		"Dexterity"		"1"
		"Stamina"		"1"
		"Charisma"		"1"
		"Manipulation"		"1"
		"Appearance"		"1"
		"Perception"		"1"
		"Intelligence"		"1"
		"Wits"			"1"

"BloodPool"		"8"
		"FaithPoints"		"0"
		"Generation"		"10"
		"Starting_Equipment"	"Player_Kindred"
		"Excluded_Equipment"	"Default"
		"Experience"		"0"

"CharGen_AutoLevel_Template"	"Gangrel_CharGen"
		"Default_AutoLevel_Template"	"Gangrel_Default"
	}

Abilities
	{
		"Ability_Order"	"Skills_Talents_Knowledges"
//			"Athletics"		"0"
		"Brawl"			"0"
		"Dodge"			"0"
		"Intimidation"		"0"
		"Subterfuge"		"0"
//			"Animal_Ken"		"0"
		"Firearms"		"0"
		"Melee"			"0"
		"Security"		"0"
		"Stealth"		"0"
		"Computer"		"0"
		"Finance"		"0"
		"Investigation"		"0"
		"Academics"		"0"
//			"Occult"		"0"
	}

[b]Disciplines
	{
//			"Blood_Healing"		"1"
///			"Blood_Buff_Dexterity"	"1"
///			"Blood_Buff_Stamina"	"1"
///			"Blood_Buff_Strength"	"1"
		"Corpus_Vampirus"	"1"
		"Animalism"		"1"
		//"Fortitude"		"1"
		//"Protean"		"1"
		"Dominate"		"1"
		"Thaumaturgy"		"1"
		"Auspex"		"1"
	}[/b]

//	Numina

//	Reactions
	Reactions
	{
		To
		{
			"None"			"0"
			"Brujah"		"+15"
			"Gangrel"		"+20"
			"Malkavian"		"+5"
			"Nosferatu"		"+30"
			"Toreador"		"-10"
			"Tremere"		"-15"
			"Ventrue"		"-10"
		}
	}
}

A lot of files with stuff like this are in pack101.vpk if anyone's interested (that excerpt is from system/clandoc000.txt).

well, i'm just finished getting that tape from the DHP offices (Jae, you're just going to love that part, hehe). i've already finished most of the sidequests around Hollywood, but one thing has me puzzled....

what in the world is going on with that Samantha girl outside the Jewelry Store?? i somehow manage to lose a Masquerade Point after that conversation no matter how i handle it. its not that much of an issue since i you get that point back later, but it could be if you're indiscriminately exposing yourself all the time.

maybe that's something that'll reveal itself in time, but for now, its got me very puzzled.

and if anybody is curious, i'm playing a Toreador Female that likes guns. lots of guns. :dev7:

Oh yeah, finished the DMP offices. Yukk. Those things are so ugly they deserve to be shot. Or axed in my case. I've finished up with VV, Ash, and so forth, and have to head to the theater for Mr. Gargoyle and then the latest mansion. I'm sure I'll see plenty of those nasty things along the way to/in the mansion.

You can get thru the scene with the girl that 'knows you' if you insist she's mistaken. You can't admit you know her at all.

The Samantha encounter is pretty easy to handle without Masquerade violations if you're a Malkavian as well. You can use Dementation on her during the conversation to make her think you're her pet turtle she flushed down the toilet when she was a kid. :)

I'd imagine a Ventrue likewise (but in a less inventive manner) can use Dominate on her in the dialog to convince her you're not the Vampire she's looking for and to move along.

At the moment, I am very jealous of you all. Since I have so much college work to do, I can't get into another game of VTM until the end of May. Grrr... I feel so excited about this game again, and I am starving for another play through. This ticks me of. Lol... I also have an itch to play KotOR I again. Damit! Lol... I will keep on reading this thread, so when I finally sit down to play 'Vampire The Masqurade' I will be full of energy. Lol... At the moment, I am playing NWN 2 on the weekends. Damit!!!! If NWN 2 wasn't such an involved game, I would be playing two games at once. Grrr...

well, i just beat the game the other day and i'm fairly impressed. the storyline was a little predictable, but altogether pretty good. personally, i just like the fact that when you max out the Ranged Feat, the gunplay becomes like a standard FPS, and that makes a lot of situations much easier for an ol' FPS vet like me.

swords are nice, but they're also a bit frustrating at times when you get knocked around which makes me prefer guns since i can stand back and pick most enemies off before they get close enough to do any damage.

anyways, i went ahead and started a new game, this time as a Malkavian, and let me tell you: its already quite interesting. :)

Congrats! Though I can't believe you found the endings (as part of the storyline) predictable.

I for one always expected some great ancient vampire to rise from that sarcophagus and in the end it turned out to be a clever ruse by Jack (and Caine) to eliminate LaCroix (or you). I swear when I saw that note next to all the C4 and then Jack enjoying the fireworks from Hollywood along with the corpse of Messerach, the only thing I could do was laugh very very hard.

Heh, I'm still in Chinatown. Got myself killed good in the Glaze. :)

Just one thing to say about the hengeyokai--"Candy-gram...land-shark" :D

I just stood back and emptied about 25 rounds from the Spazz into him. He's not a very smart fighter. :D

Archived