Home

Oh, this hurts!!!

Achilles

LOL!

Such "surveys" never fail to amuse me. It's unbelievable how incredible stupid some people are.

It's the same in my country , there's a survey like that almost everyday in radio. It's always funny to listen to. Makes me think I'm really smart in comparison. :rolleyes:

Yes, humorous to see people give some of the far-out answers they do. "Where is the Berlin Wall?" A: "Israel." :eyeraise: In a lot of respects rather disappointing as well. This reminds me of that reporter who asked members of the U.S. Congress what the difference between Sunni and Shiite Muslims were. Most of them didn't know as evidenced by the answers they provided. Now that was frightening!

Whenever I see these kinds of street video surveys I always wonder if there were some people the surveyors encountered who knew a lot of the answers but didn't get included in the final cut since of course that would ruin the segment's comedy.

Whenever I see these kinds of street video surveys I always wonder if there were some people the surveyors encountered who knew a lot of the answers but didn't get included in the final cut since of course that would ruin the segment's comedy.

Most likely. :) When you're trying to drive home a point you don't include something that contradicts it. And if it was made for the humor alone it's not even certain they were answering the questions it looks like they answer in the movie clip. Pretty easy to cut and paste and reshuffle things. It's fun to watch, but probably doesn't prove anything either way. :)

It probably wouldn't be more difficult to make a similar movie clip where everyone they ask answers everything correctly, but that wouldn't be as fun to watch. :)

YOu know, all those stupid answers are because they guy probly pounced on them and put them on the spot. Or they think its some sort of trick question. >_>

What religion are buddhist monks?

Duuuuuuuuh... I dunno... muslim?

xD

Sadly, there are alot of people that stupid... and not just in the US. o.o;;

Video is old. Didn't like it then, still don't like it. I bet I could go to England, France, Iraq, Italy, ect and make them look stupid as well.

Yes, there are a crapload of stupid people in the U.S., and that's all the video focused on. Is there another video that's titled "Americans ARE stupid," that has all the smart people?

You know, I don't get why we (and everyone else) calls us "Americans." Technically, everyone in North and South America are "Americans." And from what I've been told, people do call themselves Americans in South America.

Video is old. Didn't like it then, still don't like it. I bet I could go to England, France, Iraq, Italy, ect and make them look stupid as well.

Of course you could. Sampling is not rocket science. Just take a number of questions, interview any, say, 500 people, then choose the 30 or so worst examples. Works anywhere. But that video is fun, if you ask me. And it's not even because I think all those people are particularly stupid, since I'd probably come off incredibly stupid on camera as well, if you caught me at the wrong moment. Honestly, you can't take these things seriously.

Yes, there are a crapload of stupid people in the U.S., and that's all the video focused on. Is there another video that's titled "Americans ARE stupid," that has all the smart people?[/Quote]

Probably not - they're not nearly as entertaining. Besides, we stupid people most likely wouldn't understand what they had to say anyways ;)

You know, I don't get why we (and everyone else) calls us "Americans." Technically, everyone in North and South America are "Americans." And from what I've been told, people do call themselves Americans in South America.

What would you call citizens of USA then? "United Statians" doesn't sound right to me... :D

What would you call citizens of USA then? "United Statians" doesn't sound right to me... :D

That's exactly what I was going to post, but now I see what a nicely loaded question that is. :D How about Yankee? Gringo? Uhmerikan? :xp: j/k

United Statesman? :( I'd rather be an ambiguous American. It's un-American to identify with more with your continent than with your country anyway. :xp:

North Americans

We'll save that one for after our annexation of Canada and Mexico. :devsmoke:

I'm sure they only used clips of the dumbest people and not all the footage they took.

...I hope.

I hope so too. But, sadly, there are many people who are just that stupid. I couldn't even watch the last half of that video because it reminded me of the students that got dumped into my Intro to Art classes year after year. :(

I hope so too. But, sadly, there are many people who are just that stupid. I couldn't even watch the last half of that video because it reminded me of the students that got dumped into my Intro to Art classes year after year. :(

[scream@computer]IT'S BUDDHISM YOU DUMBASS! BUDDHISM![/scream@computer]

I don't doubt for a moment that the producers harvested footage for their segment, however there's no denying that this is clearly representative of a portion of our population. I'd be inclined to give a pass to those that appear to be immigrants, however many of those people white, middle-class (or above) citizens. And not everyone "simply got the question wrong". Some of them were very clearly ready to go over to North Korea (aka Australia) and kick the crap outta sum dem Islamic fundamentalist Buddhist monks. ;)

Come on, people. You just can't take these kinds of things seriously AT ALL.

It's a joke and nothing more. Heck, they could have arranged for all those people to say what they did. But even if they didn't, it still says nothing worthwhile because they were probably sampling by using only the worst examples they had. And even if people do say stupid things, it STILL says nothing worthwhile. What utterly stupid things have you said in your time that would make you make you seem totally inane if it were put on camera? I know I'm glad I wasn't filmed on a few occassions... :D

Archived