Home

Oh, this hurts!!!

Achilles

Hmmm...I see so much potential in those people. They could be a great stand-up comedian group, you know. :)

But seriously...those results are just...sick. With all the respect, some answers were just disturbing. The learning-system needs some work there, I guess :(

PS: "Where was the Berlin Wall located"

"Uhhh...."

.....Jae has much work to do :D

.....Jae has much work to do :D

Some people are too stupid for even me to want to work with. :xp:

And yes, I do encounter them in my office.

Jae: I see you have a horribly red eye that's oozing lots of nasty stuff.

Patient: Yes, I thought it might be from my contact lenses.

Jae: Where are the contacts now?

Patient: In my eye, doc. I get the redness and infection, I take my contacts out, it goes away in a couple days, and then I put the contact back on and bam! it comes back again.

Jae: I see. Have you considered throwing that lens away and using a new one?

Patient: Oh, I would, doc, but it's the last one in my box of 2-week disposable contacts and I've been trying to make it last until I could get an appointment.

Jae: How long have you been wearing this 2 week lens?

Patient: About 8 months. But it's only torn in 3 places. I usually keep them until they have 8 tears or they fall apart.

Jae. I follow. How often do you change your contact lens solution in your case?

Patient: When it gets dirty.

Jae: I'm beginning to see a pattern here....

My favorite was when a guy had been reusing his contact lens solution for several weeks at a time because he 'couldn't afford it'. Well, when he came back for a follow-up appointment 2 days later for his bad eye infection, he was 15 minutes late. "Oh, sorry I was late doc. I was programming my new ($300) cell phone." That's a true story.

My favorite was when a guy had been reusing his contact lens solution for several weeks at a time because he 'couldn't afford it'. Well, when he came back for a follow-up appointment 2 days later for his bad eye infection, he was 15 minutes late. "Oh, sorry I was late doc. I was programming my new ($300) cell phone." That's a true story.

I think people can act quite strange sometimes :lol: If it was a decision for my vision health or a new cellphone, i'd take my vision over it any day - i think people take things for granted sometimes.

The defense rests... ;)

Videos like this are so depressing. :(

But it's not very new with me... There are some people I know who aren't sure who Bush is. :\

Patient: About 8 months. But it's only torn in 3 places. I usually keep them until they have 8 tears or they fall apart.

Did you remind the guy that he should only use the 2-week lens for 2 weeks?

Video is old. Didn't like it then, still don't like it. I bet I could go to England, France, Iraq, Italy, ect and make them look stupid as well.

Yes, there are a crapload of stupid people in the U.S., and that's all the video focused on. Is there another video that's titled "Americans ARE stupid," that has all the smart people?

I couldn't agree more, look hard enough and you'll find dumbass people pretty much anywhere...I didn't really think that was funny, this kind of misrepresentation is what I hate about media.

Some people are too stupid for even me to want to work with. :xp:

And yes, I do encounter them in my office.

Jae: I see you have a horribly red eye that's oozing lots of nasty stuff.

Patient: Yes, I thought it might be from my contact lenses.

Jae: Where are the contacts now?

Patient: In my eye, doc. I get the redness and infection, I take my contacts out, it goes away in a couple days, and then I put the contact back on and bam! it comes back again.

Jae: I see. Have you considered throwing that lens away and using a new one?

Patient: Oh, I would, doc, but it's the last one in my box of 2-week disposable contacts and I've been trying to make it last until I could get an appointment.

Jae: How long have you been wearing this 2 week lens?

Jae. I follow. How often do you change your contact lens solution in your case?

Patient: When it gets dirty.

Jae: I'm beginning to see a pattern here....

Working at an opticians, I find this extremely funny, but also distressing, if one of our Optoms read that they would cringe like ****

The thing that annoys me as well:

Some people might be ignorant, but does that necessarily make them dumb?

A farmer who lives way out of civilization who runs a pretty autonomous farm may not know who Fidel Castro is, but he'll know more about milking cows and planting crops and taking care of his land than you and I do...

Intelligence is quite relative if you ask me, some people might have Harvard degrees and still be complete ignorant ****s, and some people might have dropped out of High School and can be more intelligent than above mentioned Harvard boy/girl

The thing that annoys me as well:

Some people might be ignorant, but does that necessarily make them dumb?

A farmer who lives way out of civilization who runs a pretty autonomous farm may not know who Fidel Castro is, but he'll know more about milking cows and planting crops and taking care of his land than you and I do...

Intelligence is quite relative if you ask me, some people might have Harvard degrees and still be complete ignorant ****s, and some people might have dropped out of High School and can be more intelligent than above mentioned Harvard boy/girl

I think this is quite true. I believe that it is what people do that defines them rather than how thay act. An example; take a blonde popular high-school teen girl and a nerdy looking teen boy - of whom would you say is the bookworm? Its sad that stereotypes are here really, it's a case of judging a book by its cover.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived