1. 1. Do you have any tattoos?

• Yes, alot
    • Yes, a few
    • No, i don't plan on
    • No, but i plan on eventually

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But now that every forum member probably knows more than they ever wanted about me.. :xp:

There was a reason I mentioned bruising in my first post :(

We have crossed the line into too much information here, but as long it makes you both happy. Then I'm happy for you. :)

Well, it was a "royal" pain the first few days.. ;)

Well, don't think I'd be able to convince Jimbo to get one, then. :D

Edit:

And...we've probably gone about as far with this particular piercing discussion as we should on a PG-13 forum. And yes, I was just as bad as anyone else. :D

I don't understand the concept. You have someone use a needle to prick out the pattern in your skin and rub inks into the wound. It sounds about as clever as inhaling the smoke from burning, poisonous weeds into your lungs or injecting refined opium into your veins. How did humanity survive this long with such suicidal 'hobbies'? Good lord. In one moment, I understand everything my grandfather used to say about "These danged youngsters."

I don't understand the concept. You have someone use a needle to prick out the pattern in your skin and rub inks into the wound. It sounds about as clever as inhaling the smoke from burning, poisonous weeds into your lungs or injecting refined opium into your veins. How did humanity survive this long with such suicidal 'hobbies'? Good lord. In one moment, I understand everything my grandfather used to say about "These danged youngsters."

Yes. Every single person that has a tattoo is a smoking, half-wit, heroin junkie. We didn't all grow up with "wise ole granpappy" telling us better so we all got together and figured "to hell with the Old Testament, we're gonna put some demon signs on our bodies" :rolleyes:

So I guess we can assume you don't have one, correct? :devsmoke:

Just curious, but why a cross?

Because I love my main man Jesus! I'm not a bonafide Christian, but I still got to show my love for him.

This whole tattoo thread got me thinking of what kind of cross tattoo I wanted, so I looked on this website. I found this one design that's got Jesus on the cross with the crown of thorns and there's this message thingy that says "Only God can judge me."

Awesome.

I don't mess with makeup, but then I'm allergic to most of it anyways. --Jae

Regardless, you still have to do-that-one-thing-females-do-that-I-don't-want-to-say-the-name-of monthly. And menopause (sp?) certainly isn't a cookie. Trust me, I lived with my mom when she went through it.

me, i really don't mind seeing people with tats. in fact, when the tats are done right, they can really look cool. in all honesty, it makes some girls look hotter, and guys, well, guys could never be hot. :xp:

seriously, though, i wouldn't mind having a couple tats. i could go for one on my shoulder and maybe one on my upper back. i was thinking maybe one of my favorite band's symbol or something of the like. i'll decide when i have some more money, though. :)

and the symbol for the band Demon Hunter that i would get as a tat:

6a00c22522b27d549d00c22523b15e8fdb-500pi

and also:

img_big.jpg

Okay. I'd worry if you were a "bonafide Christian" since the Bible condemns tattoos.

Now I am a bonafide Christian (gave my life to the Lord 20 years ago) and as I stated earlier in this thread I have several Tattoos.

The passage you are refering to is Leviticus ch. 19 vs. 28 "nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the LORD". Leviticus is where God was laying down the Abrahamic law for the Jews.

We Christians believe that when Christ died on the cross that the abrahamic law was done away with and we now live under the dispensation of grace; or the "new law". While much of the old law is still in efect there is nothing in the new Testment that specificaly condemns Tatoos.

Long before I ever got my first Tattoo I talked to several pastors and spiritual leaders about this issue and that was the answer I recieved every time. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it comes down to what each Christian believes Christ would allow and it's pretty obvious how I think

Now I am a bonafide Christian (gave my life to the Lord 20 years ago) and as I stated earlier in this thread I have several Tattoos.

The passage you are refering to is Leviticus ch. 19 vs. 28 "nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the LORD". Leviticus is where God was laying down the Abrahamic law for the Jews.

We Christians believe that when Christ died on the cross that the abrahamic law was done away with and we now live under the dispensation of grace; or the "new law". While much of the old law is still in efect there is nothing in the new Testment that specificaly condemns Tatoos.

Long before I ever got my first Tattoo I talked to several pastors and spiritual leaders about this issue and that was the answer I recieved every time. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it comes down to what each Christian believes Christ would allow and it's pretty obvious how I think

Just so long as you know where you stand on the issue. It really doesn't matter to me. I'm not a Christian but I've found that I know a lot more about the faith than most people who are. A lot of people don't know what is in the Bible in the first place before they dedicate their lives to Christ, so I figure I might want to give them some vital information before they do something as permanent as a tattoo. Some Christians know that passage about tattoos and decide that is proof enough not to get one, and then there are people like yourself who site dispensationalism to rationalize that it doesn't matter anymore. Again, as long as a person knows where they stand, its a-ok with me.

I have a tat on the ball of my heel on my left foot... it's a fist with a star hehehe

I'm going to get another tatoo on my shoulder... and then that's it... no more for me...

Too much "art" doesn't appeal to me...

Hmmm... Guess I missed all the fun, so I'm just going with blind innuendo here...

*tugs on ChAiNz's piercings*

*runs*

A Phoenix with my fiancee's name in Aurabesh scripted through it on my chest

You know you have to move that down when you marry her...

I get stuck all the time (allergies are the suck, allergens in diluted form are the good), so I really aint got a problem with needles, I just would prefer to have something other than a tattoo, and don't want metal or anything attached to me.

Soooo.....

Has anyone ever actually had any Scarring, Branding, etc. done before, because that's what I'm considering as an alternative to getting tattoos, and I'm not really sure what you have to do to take care of them. Also, what sort of options are available for effects, such as heigth/depth and texture?

Also, how well does tattooing actually work on scarred/burnt skin, if the two were combined?

Soooo.....

Has anyone ever actually had any Scarring, Branding, etc. done before, because that's what I'm considering as an alternative to getting tattoos, and I'm not really sure what you have to do to take care of them. Also, what sort of options are available for effects, such as heigth/depth and texture?

Also, how well does tattooing actually work on scarred/burnt skin, if the two were combined?

Oooooookay! Its official! You're disturbed/disturbing. :freakout:

Soooo.....

Has anyone ever actually had any Scarring, Branding, etc. done before, because that's what I'm considering as an alternative to getting tattoos, and I'm not really sure what you have to do to take care of them.

No direct experience, but I did some research into scarring and branding. It's been quite some time, so I wouldn't feel comfortable giving advice. You may want to consider this as a good jumping off point for what's available nowadays. Bmezine.com used to have good stuff too, but it appears that no one is really maintaining it anymore.

If you happen across something called subincision, I can promise you right now that you really don't want to know.

Also, what sort of options are available for effects, such as heigth/depth and texture?
A great deal of that is going to depend on your skin and how you scar.

Most of the artist I've spoken to say they won't tattoo over scars. Tattoos actually go down 4 or 5 layers of skin (IIRC). Scars are just one big layer of...well, scar tissue.

Oooooookay! Its official! You're disturbed/disturbing.

Well, I work on construction sites building houses all day (plus I have a really cool story about this one time I left a bloody streak on the wall of an allergist's office), the concept of physical cosmetic damage doesn't really faze me much. I'd rather have something like that than a bunch of ink that sits in my skin.

Interestingly enough, about a week or two ago the absolute first thing I did on monday morning was come in to work and slip off a walkplank entering the house, took a chunk of skin off the backside of my hand and left about a 2-3 inch scar across the underside of by arm, which I kept scraping on things and opening up all day...

Now if that could be done with a little artistic creativity, I would consider it a better choice than something involving ink.

A couple questions...

So the way a scar or whatever is applied doesn't change the texture/height, only your natural healing abilities? Because Mine tend to heal up relatively smooth, it just looks like the original skin pattern is stretched over the wound.

You can't tattoo a scar because there aren't enough layers of skin to hold the ink, or the scar tissue affects it adversely? Is there some other way of permanently coloring it?

Okay, it's a scifi forum, you know someone was going to mention it eventually...

tealc1.jpg

How to Jaffa plz? XD

Seriously, could you make a wound heal with some semi-molten metal in it somehow?

So you get designs like that without the whole "it's something that was glued on!" thing?

If you happen across something called subincision, I can promise you right now that you really don't want to know.

Why? It's not like circumcision or anything is it?

A couple questions...

So the way a scar or whatever is applied doesn't change the texture/height, only your natural healing abilities? Because Mine tend to heal up relatively smooth, it just looks like the original skin pattern is stretched over the wound.

Some people have a tendency to develop what is known as keloid tissue when they scar. Aside from that I imagine it just depends on how well you treat the wound, etc.

You can't tattoo a scar because there aren't enough layers of skin to hold the ink, or the scar tissue affects it adversely?
My understanding is that scar = no more layers. And yes the tissue affects it. For a more detailed explanation than that, you'd probably need to talk to an artist.

Is there some other way of permanently coloring it?
Well, I suppose you could rub ink in next time you hurt yourself, but that doesn't sound very safe.

How to Jaffa plz? XD
You could probably do that with branding or cutting.

Seriously, could you make a wound heal with some semi-molten metal in it somehow?
Not quite the same effect, but you might want to look into sub-dermal implants.

Archived