Tattoos

Do you have any tattoos?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have any tattoos?

• Yes, alot
    • Yes, a few
    • No, i don't plan on
    • No, but i plan on eventually

As for piercings....following your after care instructions religiously and depending on what you pierce, some bruising is normal. So long as you don't stretch anything larger that 6-8ga, the hole should pretty much disappear if you ever decide that you don't want the piercing anymore.

I agreed with everything you said but this, from most of the experiences ive seen, you can go up to a 0 and they will still close, my ears are a 0 and if i take them out overnight they have already started to close but i guess maybe thats not normal, but good advice in everything else

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well thats kind of an interesting statement, what makes you think everyone who gets a tattoo takes it off the wall? My full sleeve on my right arm was drawn on me it consists of a memorial to three significant people in my life that have died.

i wouldn't consider that a pointless tattoo

I knew someone was going to totally miss my point. I did not say that "everyone" gets a tattoo off the wall. I said that I couldn't understand how anyone could do that. Difference! I would hope that the majority of people getting them are having custom work done.

As for ME, I will likely never get one for the reason that I gave in my previous post. I don't have any ill feelings toward those who have them, I just know they aren't for me. I have seen some really awesome designs and i have designed a few tattoos for friends.

But I will admit a personal bias. And I know it will likely piss a lot of you off, but I'm cool with that. It is, afterall, just my opinion. I think that tattoos only look good on men. Women with tattoos are a big turnoff for me. Go ahead, flame me if you must, that is just how I feel about it.

I agreed with everything you said but this, from most of the experiences ive seen, you can go up to a 0 and they will still close, my ears are a 0 and if i take them out overnight they have already started to close but i guess maybe thats not normal, but good advice in everything else
You can stretch to any size and the hole will start to "close" after you take the jewelry out. However if you go beyond 8-6ga, it won't be unnoticeable. Skin has a lot of elasticity, however just like undies, you can stretch to a point from which it won't return.

I took my ears up to 8ga, but now you wouldn't be able to tell that I'd ever had anything but normal earrings in them. You can see daylight through someones lobes after they've had 4's in, even after time has passed (typically).

I'm not sure how the piercing gauges work. Is it like wire gauges? Is 0 gauge about the diameter of an ink pen?
Exact same. After 0 ga you go to standard (1/4 inch, 1/2 inch, etc). Largest size I ever took any of my piercings was 6ga, but that was the one I didn't intend on ever giving up. :evil6:

Yeah, me neither. :D
Girls can't have prince alberts ;)

I still don't understand why people cover their body in tatoos and piercings.

Call me gay or whatever, but it's unattractive to me.

Nothing wrong with that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Or so they say :)

Heh, I know. God, it's good to be a woman.

Wow. That's like the first time I've ever heard that. I've got to say, I'm really happy that I'm a man.

NO PMSING. NO PREGNANCY. NO GIVING BIRTH. The worst thing that can happen to a man is he will get kicked in the special place. But that's over in a day or two at worst.

NO PMSING. NO PREGNANCY. NO GIVING BIRTH. The worst thing that can happen to a man is he will get kicked in the special place. But that's over in a day or two at worst.

No, but most of us eventually suffer from one of the following: balding, nose hair, ear hair, back hair, erectile disorders and prostate problems. I think I'd rather give birth than to have a doctor check my prostate! If you're too young to know what I'm talking about.....there's always Wikipedia!

No, but most of us eventually suffer from one of the following: balding, nose hair, ear hair, back hair, erectile disorders and prostate problems. I think I'd rather give birth than to have a doctor check my prostate! If you're too young to know what I'm talking about.....there's always Wikipedia!

so youd rather have a gyno(whatever the damn spelling is) look at your female parts twice a year?

It's only once a year. It's also not that big of a deal. I'd prefer that to dying from undiagnosed cervical or breast cancer. --Jae

I would think that at the time when someone would start growing (or not growing if ya know what I mean) those problems, particulary the hair issues you've found someone that its gotten past the point of where you need to look good.

And women have to do all that crap with make-up and such. Yuck.

I don't mess with makeup, but then I'm allergic to most of it anyways. --Jae

The prostate problems? I'm glad that I've got awhile until I have to do that because my only hope is that they find some way to check for my issues in that place by some other means than a well-oiled finger.

You will get the "finger" one day my son... There isn't much that is out there to replace it. Then there is the colonoscopy. Happy days are ahead for you. :xp: -RH

My friend is gonna' get an imbeded Tattoo of a love heart on his wrist. In case many of you don't know, I shall give a brief explanation:

-Using a surgical knife, they make a small incision on the skin.

-They get a small black sheet of plastic

-Lastly, they slip the Black Sheet of plastic through the cut skin, outlining the patern.

Gruesome, but cool! :)

Gee, Chainz, you don't live in PennsylvaniA, do you? ;)

:lol:

Well, it was a "royal" pain the first few days.. ;)

But now that every forum member probably knows more than they ever wanted about me.. :xp: I'll stray from my 'additional jewelry additions' and say:

I am planning to get a tattoo of a Cardassian emblem. It has been decided.
Badass :thumbsup:

Archived