Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boring day.

Slept badly last night... so it was difficult to get motivated today.

Got a short walk in (only about an hour and 1/2) and did some shopping.

Practiced some more acoustic. My calluses are stinging... but they are getting crazily toughened up at the same time.

Trying to work on some songs that I can play and sing at the same time on the acoustic that don't totally suck.

Been going through a lot of acoustic Tull, Yes, and the like.

It's something that might actually come up in the very near future...

So whoever put Brady on their Fantasy football team, I am now laughing at you and pointing out the flaws of fantasy football where you should draft on POSITIONS in a team, then actual players

that would less sense to me, as ya know, people get hurt and you have to scramble to get a free agent etc

I won my league last time I played, of course, I had Drew Brees and Peyton Manning at the helm.....

Yea to most people it don't make sense. But it protects you if a star player gets knocked out, even tho there is a good system underneath him. It also allows for teams that have multiple RBs trading time. Instead of worrying about which one is going to get more snaps, you just pick the position and let the team the position is a part of do the rest.

Also it makes a big difference if you have a league with 8 people, or 16 people.

And the "Trading" aspect is a bunch of hooey, you are never going to be able to trade to fill in a first or second round pick.

Yesterday: Yawn.

Today: Long.

12+ hour day at work today. The band is bringing a truck full of stuff.

It's going to be great... :rolleyes:

Well, at least it's extra money for a change. It's been a while since I've had a long day of show fee.

That's going to help the bottom line.

Yea to most people it don't make sense. But it protects you if a star player gets knocked out, even tho there is a good system underneath him. It also allows for teams that have multiple RBs trading time. Instead of worrying about which one is going to get more snaps, you just pick the position and let the team the position is a part of do the rest.

Also it makes a big difference if you have a league with 8 people, or 16 people.

And the "Trading" aspect is a bunch of hooey, you are never going to be able to trade to fill in a first or second round pick.

that is a solid point.

Work was brutal yesterday. The less said the better... for if I choose to elaborate, I will only end up degenerating into an ugly, froth-mouthed, bulging-eyes rant about wannabe rock-god-prima-donnas and all the awful sycophantic hanger's-on-for-hire they often elect to surround themselves with.

Most of the road crew was cool, if nothing else... but it was still one hell of a long day.

Hmmm... I'll keep that in mind.

;)

Spent the day picnicking and poking around in the old military fort on George's Island in Boston Harbor with a largish group of co-workers.

While this is generally the type of activity that normally makes my skin want to crawl right off of my musculature... I almost reluctantly have to admit that it really wasn't bad.

While it was hardly a gasp-a-second thrill-fest... it was hardly an unpleasant time, and actually exceeded all my expectations as to the quality of the day we might be able to have together.

I brought my acoustic guitar, and provided some sort of entertainment factor, jamming with another co-worker. I even sang a bit... Not sure exactly how that went over, but it was the first time I have performed in any way for more than a person or 2 in many, many years.

I'm exhausted now. Just woke up from a nap that began almost the second I came through the door.

After I take care of a couple of things, I'll be heading right back, too...

nice...going to jersey tomorrow w/some of my friends we're going to white castle i guess i don't know what's so great about that place as i never been there, should be fun i might bring my camera.

if they have it you must try the french onion burger

amazing

lol I just made a FWD of this post to all of them YOU ARE SO SCREWED SIR

oh also, before I forget, in about 1 hour I'll finish work and the last thing I'll do here this week is to QUIT

I'll just walk in to the boss and give him a paper that basically just reads

Dear Boss,

I'm off forever!

KTHXBAI

Archived