Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should work on muscle toning too at some point... but I'm not joining a gym. (Made that costly mistake once...)

Maybe when I finally get this place re-organized. (And hopefully I'll be able to start that massive undertaking during the next 2 slow weeks at work.)

Cracken, get some small (15 / 20lbs) dumbells at a buy and sell sports store. and remember don't follow the muscle heads idea of max weight. Go for max reps. There is really no easy way to do exercises for your upper body without some equipment. Otherwise you are using your bodyweight, and for some (like me) that is incredibly hard. The trick is to do them regularly. my shoulder muscles are so built up I had a masseuse who thought there was something wrong with me since she couldn't get under my shoulder blades (wasn't a very good masseuse IMHO)

well you could go by this...it is the morning pt i did at basic training, and after a week or so you do notice somewhat of a difference:

http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/Prep_For_Basic_Training/pre_basic_combat_training_physical_fitness_training/conditioning-drill-1-cd-1.shtml

or just do lots of pushups for arms/shoulder/chest. for abs i have no idea well you could get one of those tae bo videos that is what i was using for a while. (but after doing the same video over and over and over it just got boring)

Felt like crap when I got up yesterday... so I pretty much went right back to bed, and slept most of the day away.

Did a 3-hour walk once I got back up, though.

Was back in bed early last night.

An exciting day, to be sure. :dozey:

I was in the mood for a new Star Wars game, so I picked up Battlefront II. It's so...meh. It was like they combined all the worst aspects of every Star Wars game and put them all into one. OK, that's being too tough on it, but there's no depth to it at all. I guess it was made more for multiplayer, though. It was OK for what it was, I suppose. I guess nothing short of a new X-Wing or Jedi Knight game will truly satisfy me :(

Work was good. Got stuff done.

Someone brought a grill and we had bar-b-que outside the stage door for lunch. Sweet.

Have to be up at 4 am, (to be back in Boston before 8...) so I think I'll try to sleep now. (Fortunately, I'm actually kinda tired tonight.)

im still awake!!!!!!111111 from 10am yesterday through 7:30am today. made my one friend run with us that 3.5 mile and then he and my other friends had to go work overnights at another walmart so i decided i'd just be bored as hell at home so why not go with them and just chill out in the car for a few hours. it wasn't so bad. just boring. same as if i was home, only i was having fun. then on way back the cops pulled the 3 of us over (lucky for me i wasnt driving) for speeding. it was actually kinda funny.

Birthday, Ninah!!!

Training went well. Lots to think about and experiment with on the new (and even the old) mixing desk.

And the food today... Oy! Lots and lots of it... and it was all great!

I'm still stuffed.

And tired. Getting out of bed at 4 just sucks.

But I've gotta do it all again tomorrow... so,... g'night!

Archived