Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

Went to a cookout tonight.

Could be the last for a while. Hopefully not... but starting next week, things take off for crazy-busy-ville again.

Downloaded the Beta 2 of Internet Explorer 8... that's what I'm currently running.

It's OK... I still like Firefox better...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've got IE7 at work, and it seems exactly the same to me, except the controls are arranged differently (far less conveniently, of course). And then there's the tabbed browsing, but I don't see how that's any different than just launching multiple instances. Maybe I'm not a hardcore enough websurfer to see the difference? :confused:

We've got IE7 at work, and it seems exactly the same to me, except the controls are arranged differently (far less conveniently, of course). And then there's the tabbed browsing, but I don't see how that's any different than just launching multiple instances. Maybe I'm not a hardcore enough websurfer to see the difference? :confused:

Well, that's the thing: I experiment to see if the new features are worth the bother. Sometimes they aren't.

Sometimes the differences aren't even worth mentioning... so I either stick with what I'm using, or keep the new one if it doesn't slow me down at all.

I use IE for certain sites (this one for instance...) since it renders better than in Firefox in my experience... but I still do the overwhelming majority of my web-time in Firefox.

So far, IE 8 seems to have little difference to IE 7. A couple of new menus that give you a bit more in-depth control over certain options... but nothing worth writing home about.

But since it works just like IE 7, I'll probably just keep it installed, for the amount of time I actually use that browser, going back probably isn't worth the effort.

Keyan, the tabs all show in the same browser window, requiring less memory overhead than separate full browser windows. I find them useful if there's a web page I'm referring to when composing a forum or blog post...just click the tabs to switch between pages. :D

4-hour walk yesterday afternoon. Wanted to do even more... but that would have been really pushing it.

I'll try again today: See if I can make it 5 or 6 hours...

The one problem I'm having is that I somehow got about 100 bug bites on my legs and feet at the cookout the other night. The itching is driving me crazy. I think I irritated the hell out of them walking that much.

But it felt good otherwise... so I'm going to attempt it again today.

My ambition was unable to be fulfilled: only a 3 1/2-hour walk today before my feet (and other exposed skin, like the back of my neck...) started burning enough to force me to call it quits.

Still... close to 8 hours of exercise in the last 48... that's a pretty good record for me.

Won't be able to continue the trend tomorrow, unfortunately... as I am working all day tomorrow.

Laboring on Labor Day...

What a concept. :dozey:

Watched "Children of Men" when I got home. Pretty brutal... though not what I was expecting. I don't really know what I expected... just that it wasn't that.

Haven't even really decided if I liked it or not. I guess I need to let it sink in a bit...

Just got an email from one of my friends who is living down in New Orleans these days: he is currently in Baltimore.

So that's a bit of a relief...

Not that I think this storm will live up to the hype... but you never want to take chances if you don't have to.

Hmmm... actually, I don't think so.

When I was in my early teens, I used to hike from before sunrise until after sunset several days a week, if not everyday, all summer long.

This seems kinda lame in comparison... but I'm slowly getting closer to the shape I want to be in anyways, despite that.

had a great time....party was a downer, some fight ensued between my friends mom and a girl so we bailed out...leaving behind 90 cans of coors light and 2 cases of smirnoff...i managed to have the bottle of vodka in hand though so i was able to drink that (1/4 of it down woot!) so we crashed at my one friend's house and he had a hookah a thing you kinda smoke out of, i was like what the hell and did it. pretty fun. we were bored the next day so we're like 'lets go to the shore' and i was like 'let me call my friend' cause he knew some places that were cool....so we go all the way down there and meet up w/him...haven't seen him in 2 years so we got a little drunk from shots and man he is bad when he's drunk...he got kicked out of a bar, told a clown off...it was so funny. good times im definitely going down there again. :joy: i still got 3/4 my bottle of vodka left. gotta go work 1-10 tonight. it sucks. on the way back from jersey someone got shot on the street, then on the turnpike there was a chick in a mustang and she flashed us. :D

They've changed the forum software again.

Hmmm... giant icons.

Work sucked.

Well... it was actually easy. But it was a beautiful day out, and I really didn't need to be there. So THAT part of it sucked, anyway.

I guess I'll just take it easy the next couple of days, putting in a couple of short shifts to make up for the "wasting my holiday being at work..." factor.

Archived