Home

Katrina victim asks for $3 Quadrillion in compensation?!

Achilles

Link

NEW ORLEANS - Hurricane Katrina's victims have put a price tag on their suffering and it is staggering — including one plaintiff seeking the unlikely sum of $3 quadrillion.

A whopping $3,014,170,389,176,410 is the dollar figure so far sought from some of the largest claims filed against the federal government over damage from the failure of levees and flood walls following the Aug. 29, 2005, hurricane.

Something tells me that they'd be willing to accept the revenues from off-shore oil drilling that takes place off the coast of Louisiana instead.

Please see this thread for more serious discussion

Yes, who is this mysterious quadrillionaire-wannabe?

hmm.. is there even one quadrillion $$$ existing on this planet..?? I could be wrong, but I don't think there is.. much less three.. hehehe

What? Did I ask for too little (I could change it to $4 quadrillion) or is it too much (I’ll be fair and change it to 1 quadrillion, well 2 maybe). Should I have included pain and suffering in that figure?

...rest of post moved to Kavar's thread ~tk

Unfortunately some Insurance companies are being &)(&*()*(&*()(^(*^))(&() (Insert The Most Vile Insult and Curses here Extending to Their Families and Offsprings, then Times 100)

Basically some Insurance Companies claim that this is a "special case" and is not covered by normal flodo insurance. So basically by doing this you don't even get the basic flood coverage.

Basically some Insurance Companies claim that this is a "special case" and is not covered by normal flood insurance. So basically by doing this you don't even get the basic flood coverage.
There is no basic or regular flood insurance. All flood insurance is underwritten by FEMA. It can say XYZ insurance company, but it is still FEMA. In Mississippi they are arguing about if it was damage from flood or windstorm. Homeowners/Windstorm policies cover wind, but flood is not covered under that type of policy. Rising water is the definition of flood insurance. So if these claims are being denied for flood insurance under a flood insurance policy it is FEMA doing the denying.

One of the problems is many times mortgagee companies do not require flood coverage in Flood Zone X, they will say you are not in a flood zone. Word to the wise if you are looking to buy a home and someone says you are not in a flood zone do one of two things. 1). Don’t believe them. 2). Don’t buy the house. If the home is truly not in a flood zone then it may flood at any moment. Everyone is in a flood zone unless they are in an area that is prone to floods and FEMA will no longer write business in that area. You can live on the top of a mountain and you are still in a flood zone. It could be 100 year, 500 year or 1000 year flood zone, but it is still a flood zone.

Most the homes in Mississippi that flooded but did not have flood insurance were in zone X (like me the 100 year flood zone). In zone X flood insurance was not required for government backed loans. Oh and your agent is not trying to get rich, by offering flood insurance. We don’t make much off of them and after the new requirements we are actually losing money on some. Now I also heard agents were telling people they were not in a flood zone when purchasing insurance. In those cases the agent has opened themselves up to an Errors and Omissions claim. As clearly they were in a flood zone (because everyone is). Parts of New Orleans may not have been in a flood zone considering parts of New Orleans are below sea level. It would have at least been unaffordable coverage for those below sea level.

In a lighter vein: all you need is a bathtub and lots of water: voilá: a flood zone :)
Actually no, that is water damage. Flood is strictly rising water from the outside of your home. Now if you want to build a levee around the home then fill it with lots of water… Of course FEMA would consider that an intentional act and deny the claim. Now if you really want to get creative fill in with beer or better yet hurricanes and invite everyone over for a party. ;)

When I get my 3 quadrillion dollars I will have to give that a try. :nutz1:

Now if you really want to get creative fill in with beer or better yet hurricanes and invite everyone over for a party. ;)

When I get my 3 quadrillion dollars I will have to give that a try. :nutz1:

Now that you've said the b-word in public and everyone's in the know, how will we get all those barrels of stout past the locals? :lol:

What an IDIOT. Does the quadrillionaire-wannabe realize that he's asking for more $$$ than the U.S. government could ever have in his or her lifetime? If s/he wants to be taken seriously, the Q-word has to be OFF the table. OFF! OFF! OFF! Sheesh.

It's people like that who make me wonder if "common sense" really is so common now.

P.S. RedHawke, in what game did you create that drow with the amazingly cool sword?

I doubt that they will get more than about $120,000 for compensation.

The following quote may be true of this situation, though it may just be wishful thinking. :xp:

Translation: two per cent probability that the organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted. That may be wishful thinking on my part, master.

This idiot obviously hasn't read the "Act of God clause" in EVERY insurance policy. For which, Hurricane Katrina falls under, it was a "Act of God" that created it. The subsequent levee breaks, flooding and death toll can be account to the same policy. Katrina created by God -> Hit's levees, -> Breaks Levees -> Floods New orleans.

He/She doesn't stand a chance of winning...

But in case he/she does, does anyone have thier phone number so I can get in contact and ask for a loan of say.. oh.. 5 or 6 billion?

Archived