Home

You know when you've modded/played KotOR for to long when...

DarthJebus05

If this has been done before, then I apologize.

I modded the 1st KotOR for 3 days straight, it was 3am and decided to head to bed. My cat came up to me and meowed for some food. My first thought was "Whens his next dialog going to trigger?".

So I went to bed, got up and started modding again. This time when my dogs came into my computer room, I was like "I wonder if I can change their .utc files for a different appearance".

This was yesterday, and since then, I've only modded for 30 minutes every 3 hours. Because I'm starting to scare myself ;)

this has happened to be before, but very mildly. I never stay up that late, and i haven't modded that much for awhile.

Awhile ago, after playing TSL for 6 hours, I walked ou of room, and i was thinkign about cylign though primary weapons and force forms... I went up to a door and said "Door open, and walked into the door, forgettignt hat it was an old-fashioned door hat needed a knob turn and to open... I almost called my uncle BAo-dur on that same day too... so you're not alone. just don't mod and paly the game too much...

Click to pick up item. Activate computer spike. Mom, activate dialogue. Edit my pet dog's appearance. -Kotor II

Press Y to use item, press A to jump. B to use door. where'd the B button go? Oh yeah, this is real life. I forgot. - Battlefront II

Oi... After playing video games all day, I've got it bad.

Back when I used to pound away on programs, I had the fun realization once that I was actually speaking in keystrokes including the ctrl-s.

Then another time after working for a major software company, I actually found myself telling my mother how to spell her name using the phonetic alphabet. Kinda embarrassing...

On topic, I was with 2 friends, and when another decided to join us I actually thought about who I would leave behind...

These posts are classic. :D I don't have anything liek that, but during the time I was trying to make my saber work, after I had stopped for the day (or the hour, whatever)I kept clicking on the mod folder or my toolks folder instead of what I would mean to go to (like I'd be opening my mod folder instead of my music folder, etc.). Insanity.

Heh, not kotor related:

When I got into playing Unreal 2004, me and my clanmates (dang..we played that game FAR to lang) would randomly shout 'DOUBLE KILL' and 'GODLIKE' at actions of other people. A guy verbally pwning two little idiots would score a loud 'DOUBLE KILL' for example :xp:

For Fable:

A friend I know got a new haircut (the Buzz from Fable) and I told him it would score +15 scariness :D

Kotor related:

Nothing, really...except for the fact I can imiate Wookiee's :xp:

EDIT: Jokingly using the 'Force persuasion hand movement' at friends

EDIT: Jokingly using the 'Force persuasion hand movement' at friends

Heh, reminds me of this time I was using The Force to lift a TV remote when a friend walks in says that I'm lazy. I stare into his eyes and say "You want to leave this room." He says "I want to leave this room." and walks out. I think said "Weirdo." after that.

I had this huge smile on my face. For a second.

I used to dream of Tetris.

Sometimes I become very disorietnated after long hours of Sims 2 playing, expecting to be able to fast forward things and forming task queues my head.

Nothing much from KotOR other than an urge to call people "meatbag", but I often stop myself because my very non-nerd friends wouldn't know what I was talking about.

Off-topic:

I played Lord of The Rings Online, defending the main fortress in the only PvP zone for 6 hours straight. I led 2 raids on my Guardian and sucesfully defended the first assault. It was 30vs50. We were the unlucky 30. The Orcs/Spiders/Wargs piled into the fort, getting right up to the last boss.

See, if you kill the 131k health boss, you automatically take the fortress over. The Creeps (orcs, etc) got the boss down to 2k health, my raids not giving up, we finally took the Creeps down. An hour later, the Creeps broke through again, but finally gave up.

I went to sleep and I dreamt of defending the fort still, yelling orders over Ventrilo. I woke up 12 hours later (I played into the morning), and I had a real bad feeling we lost the fort. I logged into the game to find the whole PvP zone belonged to the Creeps.

:sad:

I've had too many of these to explain for sychonauts, but that's over in RD.

On topic though, I was playing KOTOR all weekend trying to actually beat it for once, and Monday, I go back to school to find we're watching Star Wars. We have discussion on it first though, explain archetypes, ect. Well, during the discussion, I had a friend who was trying to make Chewbacca noises, and I turned around and was just like "Shut it, Zalbarr!" Nobody knew what I was talking about though, because I am almost alone in gaming at my school.

So much talk of these "friends". What are these "friends" you speak of? Is it IRL? 'Cause I don't play that much, the graphics aren't so good. ;)

I've had dreams of frantically looking for a script while running around Manaan, but I usually have weird dreams so I don't know if that counts.

Archived