Home

The Party Members of KOTOR 3

*Don*

So, basically, make it so that the entire party is a bunch of whiny, feuding pains in the neck instead of being a marginally competent team? I dealt with enough of that crap in TSL.

I fail to see the problem. I for one liked how everyone hated each other's guts in TSL. Much better than everyone getting along like in KOTOR 1 (even Carth, the goody-two-shoed idiot and Canderous, the resident psychopath tolerated each other).

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, basically, make it so that the entire party is a bunch of whiny, feuding pains in the neck instead of being a marginally competent team? I dealt with enough of that crap in TSL.

Really I thought they worked together quite well.

Really I'd like to see Atton Rand back as the Mentor char this time.

I'd like to also see Bao-dur in it as well, as well as a Cather kid, a boy this time to offset Juhani (no relation). Maybe bring back Juhani briefly.

Right, which is why in the original ending they all kill each other.

Anyway, to each his own, but it doesn't make any sense to keep around all these useless excuses for emotional baggage. The only characters you had to keep around in TSL were Kreia, you could have spaced the rest of them and picked up a squad of mercenaries and frankly the plot would have probably gone more or less the same way, only without as much soap opera BS.

Anyway, to each his own, but it doesn't make any sense to keep around all these useless excuses for emotional baggage.

Which, IMO, was a better ending.

In any case, you'd probably like the expansion to Nwn2, 'cause if your characters get too whiny, you can just piss them off and they'll attack you and you can kill them.

Honestly, I think that'd be a great addition. If your characters don't start improving and working together, you can space 'em.

Anyway, to each his own, but it doesn't make any sense to keep around all these useless excuses for emotional baggage. The only characters you had to keep around in TSL were Kreia, you could have spaced the rest of them and picked up a squad of mercenaries and frankly the plot would have probably gone more or less the same way, only without as much soap opera BS.

You do realize that some of them could have mellowed out and developed some friendships.

It would be hilarious watching Atton Rand, whom couldn't stand Jedi, be the Mentor char of the pc. If we're going to have a romantic interest, let's not have the mentor/student stuff in KotOR I (Bastilla was serving as Revan's mentor) and we see it in TSL (Exile/Handmaiden, Exile/Visas, Exile/Atton, Exile/Migel), how about it be a peer like a fellow Padawan, or even a nonJedi.

You do realize that some of them could have mellowed out and developed some friendships.

It would be hilarious watching Atton Rand, whom couldn't stand Jedi, be the Mentor char of the pc. If we're going to have a romantic interest, let's not have the mentor/student stuff in KotOR I (Bastilla was serving as Revan's mentor) and we see it in TSL (Exile/Handmaiden, Exile/Visas, Exile/Atton, Exile/Migel), how about it be a peer like a fellow Padawan, or even a nonJedi.

at least they didn't give you an Exile/Kriea option. I mean, I imagine if she can fix her eyes she can make herself pretty hot, but still, be thankful they didn't go down that path.

To be honest, the guys who made these games can't write romance for beans. It shows in K1, K2, NWN 2, it's expansion, it's all horrible, like they get it out of some kind of cheap romance novel written by angsty teenagers.

I haven't read to this point aside from the topic post, but I'll just jump in.

I think KOTOR 3 is like the Return of the King. Meaning it should come full circle. I think that would mean all the characters from both KOTOR 1 and 2 party members will also be in KOTOR 3. But to expand on my thought since there are way too many rules, is it ok to talk in reference to storyline on both KOTOR 1 and 2 for my theories on who else will be in KOTOR3? Thanks.

I haven't read to this point aside from the topic post, but I'll just jump in.

I think KOTOR 3 is like the Return of the King. Meaning it should come full circle. I think that would mean all the characters from both KOTOR 1 and 2 party members will also be in KOTOR 3. But to expand on my thought since there are way too many rules, is it ok to talk in reference to storyline on both KOTOR 1 and 2 for my theories on who else will be in KOTOR3? Thanks.

It'd have to be chars we know couldn't be killed in both games. Which means more chars from TSL than KotOR I. The KotOR I chars could do cameos, but not much more.

KotOR I chars that could show up as party members:

HK-47, T3-M4, Canderous

KotOR II chars that could show up as party members:

Atton Rand, Bao-dur (their paths weren't truely set at the end) The others could either be killed off or their futures were set in stone.

I can see one major issue with bringing back party members from the first two games. To even figure out who could come back, you would have to spend the first 30 minutes of the game laying out what choices you made in the other two games. Did Revan fall again? If so, there goes Carth, Mission, and maybe Zaalbar. Did Revan kill Bastila on the Star Forge? Maybe Revan redeemed himself, but couldn't bring Bastila back to the light.

TSL had many more choices about killing off characters. Honestly, if KotOR 3 is ever released, it is going to need an entirely new party. I'm not going to want to waste a bunch of times going over which endings I chose in the other two games.

Just my opinion though, some people may like this minute level of customization. I for one abhor busy work.

Well supposedly Carth and Bastila survived as in the Canonical LS ending for K1. However it's anyone's guess what's become of Mission, Zaalbar, Juhani, and Jolee. New characters all around wouldn't be such a bad thing either since Revan's and Exile's stories were told, and ended in their respective games

Well supposedly Carth and Bastila survived as in the Canonical LS ending for K1. However it's anyone's guess what's become of Mission, Zaalbar, Juhani, and Jolee. New characters all around wouldn't be such a bad thing either since Revan's and Exile's stories were told, and ended in their respective games

Remember though the Jedi are pretty much all dead, so there needs to be a mentor, and that has to be a char from KotOR I or KotOR II.

Remember though the Jedi are pretty much all dead, so there needs to be a mentor, and that has to be a char from KotOR I or KotOR II.

It doesn't have to be. It could be the holocron of a long dead Jedi master, or a Force Spirit.

It doesn't have to be. It could be the holocron of a long dead Jedi master, or a Force Spirit.

Holocron maybe, but it can't be a long dead Jedi, because they need to have some connection with the person that is still alive.

It would tie in better to have Atton Rand be the mentor, you do train him in KotOR II.

Holocron maybe, but it can't be a long dead Jedi, because they need to have some connection with the person that is still alive.

Who's to say that they wouldn't?

It would tie in better to have Atton Rand be the mentor, you do train him in KotOR II.

But, in all likelihood, the PC in K3 has probably never met him. If they *have* to include anyone from the previous games to act as a mentor, i'd rather it not be Atton.

Even disciple would be a better choice than another game filled with rubbish one-liners from the Han wannabe.

Or Visas!

There's a thing - Kreia said she couldn't see Visas' path (if I remember rightly - I rarely listen to the old crow) so I think she is one of the more likely candidates for a return in 3, since her presence is unconditional on gender or alignment. Got to say, I find Disciple's character interesting, if a little underdeveloped in terms of story content and a wee bit too naive, but I wouldn't mind seeing Jedi Master/Councillor Mical...

I'll say this - if they recycle HK's memory loss angle again I'll throw the disc out a window!

HK-47 and T3-M4 have to return they are the C-3PO and R2-D2 of Kotor(love Hk-47, couldn't cear less about T3-M4, though I still think that he should be in)

HK-47 & T3-M4 are the glue that bind the KotOR series together. Just has C-3PO and R2-D2 are the glue that bind the SW movies together. They are the only ones I want to see in K3. Other NPC can make cameos. The Exile & Revan should only be talked about or in a book.

*7 mandatory party members (7)

*1 male/female only party member (out of 2)

*1 light/dark side only party member (out of 2)

*1 optional party member (out of 2)

So that's 13 possible party members total, to fill 10 slots. Assuming the game isn't rushed (hint hint, LucasArts ;)), that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

So long as the NPCs are fully fleshed out as characters. I love this idea.

No! Please no! Not Disciple! Heck, I'd rather have Bao-dur than Disciple! I hate Bao-dur! Give me back Atton! Or Brianna! Or Visas! Or HK! Or T3! I don't care who the mentor is, as long as it isn't Disciple! :eek:

Amen, I couldn't stand how stiff the Disciple was, it'd actually be funny if you had Atton as the mentor.

Would be a lot better from a preachy brat and an old hag.

Preachy brat? Finally! Someone else who hates Bastilla! :emodanc:

When Disiciple bowed, I thought, "Dude...lighten up...or...something..." And I'm still trying to figure out why he doesn't just call himself 'Mical' instead of 'the Disciple'. Brianna being called Handmaiden--that I can understand, what with Atris and everything, but...the Disciple? :confused:

I respect all posts here, but judging from the pattern, it will be like this:

1. Mandalorian-character (maybe Ordo, maybe someone else, Mandalorian plays many part in KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2, if notice it)

2. T3-M4 (yes, that droid is the connector between KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2, so there's no doubt it will be in KOTOR 3)

3. HK-47 (the same as T3-M4)

Rest of the crew is depending from the main character for KOTOR 3. Some people say Revan will be KOTOR 3's main character, some say Jedi Exile will be. IMO, there will be a new character, so story can be expanded and connected to its successor ( Bane's era, Great Jedi Purge).

Archived