Home

Revan's Flowing Cape & Belt (K1 & TSL)

Looking good, I gave something like this a whirl myself, I was very close, but could never get the weighting to cooperate with me.. :(

Anyways, good to see this is finally happening, this project has been a dream of many fans for a long time, and this is the best attempt I have seen at making it happen yet..

Peace

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I have to admit that there is a problem. It is a small one, and I think it can be fixed. Shem and Settoken have pointed out that there are a lot of sound events missing. There are some combat situations that the lightsaber sounds won't play, and maybe some of the gun sounds. I think I can remedy this by linking it to s supermodel that's in-game, but other than that I have no idea how to fix it.

Well, I have to admit that there is a problem. It is a small one, and I think it can be fixed. Shem and Settoken have pointed out that there are a lot of sound events missing. There are some combat situations that the lightsaber sounds won't play, and maybe some of the gun sounds. I think I can remedy this by linking it to s supermodel that's in-game, but other than that I have no idea how to fix it.

I might be able to live with that seeing as how I can only play with my sound off on my laptop. :lol:

Blame Vista.

Well, adding amiations to Malak would be an insanely time consuming project. What can be done, is to scale a supermodel very large to Malak's approximate proportions, and then import all the animations he doesn't have. But, this would take even longer than the Revan model, because Malak has four little sub-capes/flaps. It's possible, but it would require a lot of dedication. But, I'd rather have Revan than Malak as my PC anyday.

Don’t think my being quiet here means I’m not watching you! O.o I just haven’t had a whole lot to say here because...

[a] SS + Setto = too much awesomeness to bear

I know nothing of modelling

[a again] I get a bit lost

(pick whichever explanation you prefer!)

I’m still cheering you on, guys! I cannot wait to take this mod for a run.

Question; is it not possible for you to borrow some of the animations from the dark jedi hoods? I know they are a little different in shape, but there might be some potential for corner cutting! (It’s my favourite sport)

[OT] And Sithspecter! You still haven’t changed your sig! Surely you’re a Quadrumvirate now? [/OT]

S&S Groupie

~PaperShip~

yea i kno that he was jus talking about the pieces of robe malak has and i jus thot i'd mention something in response to what he had sed reguardin the fact that there is a mod that does that

That's not really a mod that adds Malak's animations. What I was referring to is that Malak's animations are incomplete, as are many of the creatures in the game. Sure, he's got all the fighting and running and force animations, but he lacks a lot of the basic animations that play when the character isn't fighting.

I’m still cheering you on, guys! I cannot wait to take this mod for a run.

Question; is it not possible for you to borrow some of the animations from the dark jedi hoods? I know they are a little different in shape, but there might be some potential for corner cutting! (It’s my favourite sport)

[OT] And Sithspecter! You still haven’t changed your sig! Surely you’re a Quadrumvirate now? [/OT]

S&S Groupie

~PaperShip~

I could check some of the weights from the Dark Jedi hoods, that's an excellent idea, but it's really not so much the animations as the skin (a modifier that determines how the model reacts to a bunch of white block meshes that are the skeleton).

@[OT] We had a lengthy two page discussion on what we should call the group since Settoken joined, and we're just sticking to Lords of The Third Dimension since there's always the possiblity of another... But I haven't updated my sig yet, and it's a really awesome word! [/OT]

i was only referring to making his robes move i kno he has close to no animations

His robes already moved before anyone started modding. The devs made him with animations for the fight at the Leviathan and the end. I was talking about that I could import animations to him, but I would have to animate his robes for the rest of the animations, which would take twice as much time as I'm doing now.

So...how long until it's done since i dont understand all the modding terms here...It looks

so very very sweet

It's done :wid:. No specific dates here. I don't want to dissapoint. I work on specific stuff when I'm in the mood for it, and right now I'm on vacation and not in the mood... But I'd say at least by mid-July. That's just a vague estimate.

Archived