Home

Euro 08

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha I think is the best come-back I have ever seen.

Nah best come back ever in international football was in 1954... West Germany played the legendary Hungarians in the world cup final... Hungary hadn't lost an international football match for over 3 years and had earlier beaten West Germany 8-3 in the group phase... In the World Cup final Hungary raced into a 2-0 lead, only for the Germans to come back and win 3-2... Now thats a comeback.

Best comeback I've watched was in 1997 Barcelona vs Athletico Madrid Spanish Cup...

Atletico arrived at Nou Camp following a poor 2-2 draw at home, but at half time at the camp Nou they had seemingly won as they led 3-0. Fifteen minutes into the second half, they still led by 4-2, with four goals by Serb Milinko Pantic.

However Ronaldo, Figo and finally Pizzi three minutes before time had other ideas with Barcelona winning 5-4 and 7-6 on agg...

I was being serious. I really didn't know. But now that I do, I'm sure to pay attention to it as much as I do American football... :)

Arc... What are you on? You do realise you've had of 'those' American moments the rest of the world loathes....

'Soccer' i.e. Football was invented in England a couple of centuries before America even existed.

Football (soccer) is the biggest sport in the world, and has been so, for oh, only the last century...

You also realise the American men's team suck! I still love the fact you lost 1-0 to that footballing giant Iran at France 98.

I thought the best comback was Portugal going down 3-0 to North Korea and then winning 5-3 in a 1966 World Cup Quarter-final match.

I'll quote myself;

Nah best come back ever in international football was in 1954... West Germany played the legendary Hungarians in the world cup final... Hungary hadn't lost an international football match for over 3 years and had earlier beaten West Germany 8-3 in the group phase... In the World Cup final Hungary raced into a 2-0 lead, only for the Germans to come back and win 3-2... Now thats a comeback.

Consider calibre of opposition etc, I would have to argue Germany's 1954 is far more impressive....

Ah yes, Astro, Turkey's going down to Croatia's might.

The bad part is, if we lose and Germany wins, then we have to verse Portugal, but, as if we're gonna lose to Poland!!

CROATIA FOR LIFE!!

In other news, Switzerland have beaten Portugal 2-0, Yakin scoring both goals, cop that Portugal :xp:

lolz..as if Portugal cared about their result to Swz..did you see the lineup they put on/ended up with??

Im not fussed if Turkiye dont make it past Hrvatski.....as long as they put in 100%(with whatever players they have available after injury and suspension!).

Whatever the result, two hard fought games under difficult conditions is something we are proud of. It's something Hrvatski(or any other team at this stage) can't claim to have achieved...especially todays match coming from 2-0 down. Today's celebrations were great fun too (a great excuse to take a day off work!!) ;)

Based on their performances, The Netherlands are most peoples favourites to win atm, but anything can happen in football.

*If Italy or France could get their a$$es into gear, and play to their potential, theyd have just as much a chance. Their seems to be something missing in their mentality atm... maybe the win one of them will have to get may give them they boost they need.

*Spain are hinting at their customary instability, but have two forwards in devastating form...

*Portugal's defense are untested against a strong attacking side.

*Germany, need to sort out internal problems it seems, though shouldn't have any issues against Austria youd think :)

Its up for grabs >> as far as we spectators go : It'll be good to watch :D

mtfbwya

*If Italy or France could get their a$$es into gear, and play to their potential, theyd have just as much a chance. Their seems to be something missing in their mentality atm... maybe the win one of them will have to get may give them they boost they need.

Meh, France has old men who can't run in the back and nobody to properly lead them to a victory with Zidane being sorely missed. Then there's their crazy manager who prefers to choose players based on the stars' alignment. I don't think they can do much. And hopefully Italy will fail and they'll be so full of shame...

*Spain are hinting at their customary instability, but have two forwards in devastating form...

Has Spain ever had a week team in the couple of last international competitions? Still waiting for the inevitable nose-dive.

*Portugal's defense are untested against a strong attacking side.

And although the midfield is pretty amazing, there's nobody to truly finish the actions. IMO, Pauleta used to be perfect for this but now they lack a good striker. I guess they can still go through though.

*Germany, need to sort out internal problems it seems, though shouldn't have any issues against Austria youd think :)

I have little doubt the Germans will go further. They have too much talent and it'll be a shame to see it all go to waste.

Its up for grabs >> as far as we spectators go : It'll be good to watch :D

Yes indeed. After the World Cup of goalless boredom we had two years ago, this Euro is so far very entertaining with the offensive minded teams winning with beautiful football. I wouldn't be amazed if we almost have as many goals in this competition up to now then in the entire last World Cup...

Meh, France has old men who can't run in the back and nobody to properly lead them to a victory with Zidane being sorely missed. Then there's their crazy manager who prefers to choose players based on the stars' alignment. I don't think they can do much. And hopefully Italy will fail and they'll be so full of shame...

I concur with this, I expect the Italians to beat the French, Domenach is an idiot, and France go to the WC final for only 2 reasons... 1. Zidane and 2. Total and utter luck...

Quite a few of France's best players aren't at the tournament because they have the wrong birth date; their current best defender Mexes isn't in the squad because he's a Leo. Why is Trezeguet not in the squad and Anelka who has been awful for Chelsea is? Makelele and Thuram are both too old, indeed Makelele should of been sent of in both of the last 2 games.

Arc... What are you on? You do realise you've had of 'those' American moments the rest of the world loathes....

'Soccer' i.e. Football was invented in England a couple of centuries before America even existed.

Yes... One of those embarrassing, stupifying 'american moments'...

Okay, now I'm confused. At first, I thought this thread talking about football, as in the 'american' style football... But you're calling it soccor. I know about the whole Futbol-soccor thing, but which kind of game are we talking about being played here? Football as in Soccor or Football and in a game with a football? Wow, I feel so stupid and clueless right now... :p

Yes... One of those embarrassing, stupifying 'american moments'...

Okay, now I'm confused. At first, I thought this thread talking about football, as in the 'american' style football... But you're calling it soccor. I know about the whole Futbol-soccor thing, but which kind of game are we talking about being played here? Football as in Soccor or Football and in a game with a football? Wow, I feel so stupid and clueless right now... :p

This thread is about Football... Proper football - I say this as in American football how often is it actually kicked;)

Here's the clarification image of what we are talking about;

[img[http://www.presstv.ir/photo/20080614/fazeli20080614075120828.jpg[/img]

American Football is here, some of my best friends play it...

As for what to call American Football <-- that's the way I do it ;)

Germany didn't impress. If it wasn't for Ballack's magnificent free-kick (why does he never do that with Chelsea!), it could've been very nerve wrecking second half. I don't see them winning this Euro 08, but it'll be a very interesting game against Portugal. Then they'll have to play good, or it'll end there for them.

Germany didn't impress. If it wasn't for Ballack's magnificent free-kick (why does he never do that with Chelsea!), it could've been very nerve wrecking second half. I don't see them winning this Euro 08, but it'll be a very interesting game against Portugal. Then they'll have to play good, or it'll end there for them.

Well Law went part of the way by dropping Jensen (although you could just move him forward to left wing and play Paldolski upfront), however I still think that Lehmann, Fritz and Gomez all need to also be dropped - the latter two haven't performed and I don't rate the former. Germany lacked width today, the only width they had was Lahm, Fritz is a functional right midfielder but he's no winger.

Those Polish who complained about the decision can shut up about Webb now, as if they couldn't beat Croatia's reserves then they clearly wouldn't have beaten Croatia's 1st's so Webb's decision was academic, whatever anyone thinks...

Boo@ todays matches....utter snoozefests. At least Hrvatski had already qualified and didnt have anything to play for, what was Germany's excuse!

Ah well, one good thing came of today: we know that the only way to score a free kick with those new adidas europass balls is to whallop them. Have not seen any player apply a great deal of spin with any precision.

mtfbwya

HRVATSKA! HRVATSKA! HRVATSKA!

We went out today with a squad of 9 different players, including the keeper, the left back Pranjic and left winger?, Rakitic, were the only ones who started in the previous game and in this game, Corluka came on but he doesn't count as he didn't start. Just goes to show we have a classy starting lineup AND reserves lineup.

Props to Klasnic, who, only 18 months ago, had his life threatened when he had to have a kidney transplant, his first transplant being rejected by his body, but his second transplant working. It was a beautiful finish.

Pranjic was best on ground, constantly going forward and back and whipping in some quality crosses, not bad for a left-back.

Poland was crap, they had a few chances in the second half but failed to deliver, Guerrero having the best chance.

Germany played poorly against Austria, but that was a quality free kick. DO THAT IN THE EPL BALLACK! CHELSEA NEEDS THAT KIND OF STUFF!

Croatia V Turkey will be an interesting match up, I honestly thought it would be against Czech, but I have no doubt we'll be victors.

In unrelated news, Chelsea may be picking up classy player Deco, from Barcelona. CHELSEA FOR LIFE!!

....In unrelated news, Chelsea may be picking up classy player Deco, from Barcelona. CHELSEA FOR LIFE!!

lolz...good ole EPL, taking Barcas sloppy seconds. Deco really hasnt done much for the last 3 years. Why Chelsea fans are excited he is going there is quite baffling, same with whoever gets Eto or Ronaldinho :)

mtfbwya

Archived