Home

Euro 08

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soccer?! Soccer!?!?!

That word burnz mai eybawllz.

PS. I'm supporting Italy, though i have no idea why this is the case, since they put Scotland out and have Marco Materrazzi in their team. Maybe i just like the long hair and strict adherence to fashion, not to mention the hot girlfriends. [/stereotyping]. second team is holland, because they play in orange, and i admire that.

I saw "football" in the original post and got excited... until I realized it was really about soccer. That doesn't qualify as a sport in Texas. :)

No, but everywhere else it does. I get the same feeling when I view a thread with the title football, when it really is about American Football. :)

I don't know about Italy though. They're having bad luck at the moment, with Cannavaro out and Panucci being (seriously?) injured. I'm not a fan of them, but I could live with them winning the tournament.

I saw "football" in the original post and got excited... until I realized it was really about soccer. That doesn't qualify as a sport in Texas. :)

You realise that football (soccer) has been called football for about 300 years before American Football ever existed ;) Also the rest of the world tends to call it Football or a deviation of that, you don't really want to get me started in this argument, none of my friends who play American football have ever won ;)

I was only being facetious. :)

Bah :p after you made me type out all the above :p

missed the last Euro finals ?? How they could lose to Greece is beyond me...

mtfbwya

Did you miss the rest of my post? :p I used evidence to back up my point, given that Greece won the whole tournament playing anti-football Portugal can't of been their only victims, Portugal played badly in the final, but that had more to do with the negative tactics than anything else. You can't have it both ways my friend... Being a big game bottler by loosing the final; yet winning a quarter and semi final, in a knock out competition aren't easy games ;)

Not quite. :p

Hows so? :p

...Check Brazil's record against France

In Brazil, Zidane is referred to as 'the devil', and not in an affectionate way either

mtfbwya

While France's record against Brazil is very good especially in World Cups, it says nothing for the rest of Europe, fancy comparing Germany, England's, Italy et al's record against the Brazilians? ;)

Zidane was a very good player, I'm a bit sad that those Brazilians can't be happy to have been beaten by one of the greats.

You realise that football (soccer) has been called football for about 300 years before American Football ever existed ;)

There was a time when American Football didn't exist? ;)

Also the rest of the world tends to call it Football or a deviation of that, you don't really want to get me started in this argument, none of my friends who play American football have ever won ;)
This so called "rest of the world" doesn't matter. What's outside of Texas anyways? Nothing important ;)

Bah :p after you made me type out all the above :p
I'm a douche like that. :D

Hows so?

I have to force myself to sit and watch an european football match. No really, I don't like their hooligan style. I mean, the players literally kill themselves on the field so frequently, I have the impression I'm watching a fight and not a sport. I like the football art. :)

Gurges, you lost all the respect I had for you. :(

Ctrl: If you want some painfull statistics (or if the rest of you want a laugh)' date=' check Brazils statistics against Norway.[/quote']

Yeah, we have that annoying tendency of losing to the worst teams ever. :xp:

In Brazil, Zidane is referred to as 'the devil', and not in an affectionate way either

Liar! There's no such thing in here! :carms:

Besides, he's known as "the executioner", thank God he retired.

I have to force myself to sit and watch an european football match. No really, I don't like their hooligan style. I mean, the players literally kill themselves on the field so frequently, I have the impression I'm watching a fight and not a sport. I like the football art. :)

Well, that's football for ya. Not a lot of teams (or players) have the technique to do what Brazil can do. I admire the technique of Brazilians or Argentinians, but I also admire the hard-working footballer, who doesn't shy away from a tackle. I used to be the latter when I played football a few years ago (though with more technique than the average player of my team). :)

Well, that's football for ya. Not a lot of teams (or players) have the technique to do what Brazil can do. I admire the technique of Brazilians or Argentinians, but I also admire the hard-working footballer, who doesn't shy away from a tackle.

I can understand that. And it's not that bad when the ball is on the hands (or feet) of some really astounding players, such as C. Ronaldo (don't like his style, though). However, I just think that technique > brute strenght.

I used to be the latter when I played football a few years ago (though with more technique than the average player of my team). :)

I feel sorry for you. You've got to have one hell of a breath. :)

I can understand that. And it's not that bad when the ball is on the hands (or feet) of some really astounding players, such as C. Ronaldo (don't like his style, though). However, I just think that technique > brute strenght.

Yeah, I agree with that. It's much more spectacular and I like the finesse. The only thing I hate about it is when people with formidable technique become arrogant, like C. Ronaldo. Saw his penalty against Chelsea in the CL Final?

I feel sorry for you. You've got to have one hell of a breath. :)

Not to mention my team mates relied on me to fill the gaps and because of my speed, relied on me to run after the guys who broke through the defense, to the point where they got lazy. :p

I'm cheering for Deutschland.

Since going to Europe earlier this year, I've took a sudden interest to soccer. :p Previously, I've only watched the World Cup in '06.

Haha thats exactly what happened to me, while I was there I just began to feel urges to watch it, must be something in the water or something.

However, I just think that technique > brute strenght.

Technique + Brains + Bravery beats brute strength, having been coached by Brazilians I play in your manner :) But once the first nasty challenge goes in on a flair player, you can see there metal, do they come back for more, or do they go missing?

1st day matches are over > winners, somewhat predictably being Portugal and Czech Republic.

That darn Turkish coach, things were going well at 4-3-3, which did he switch it over... bleh! :p

anyway, next game Im really looking forward to is Italy v Netherlands in a cpl of days time. should be a corker !

mtfbwya

Two nice goals for Portugal, and they hit the post and bar a couple of times, a deserved win. The same cannot be said of Czech Republic. I was rooting for them at the start of the match, but Switzerland gained my sympathy after 10 min. :)

Well I can only hope to earn it back, then. Of course, I was only joking :)

Start watching some matches and I'll start considering the possibility. :xp:

anyway, next game Im really looking forward to is Italy v Netherlands in a cpl of days time. should be a corker !

Oh yeah. Already, and for obvious reasons, I'm rooting for Netherlands.

Technique + Brains + Bravery beats brute strength, having been coached by Brazilians I play in your manner :) But once the first nasty challenge goes in on a flair player, you can see there metal, do they come back for more, or do they go missing?

Yeah, I see your point. Still, the sweetest revenge is a stuffed net at the opponent's goal. :D

Yeah, I see your point. Still, the sweetest revenge is a stuffed net at the opponent's goal. :D

Nah, sweetest revenge I've had is being fouled badly in the area... Ref awarded a penalty, sent the defender off and then I converted the spot kick... now that's sweet revenge :D

Hmm... I certainly wouldn't mind doing that, but I think I'll have a very tough time finding it. I doubt it's televised here.

espn is covering e2008 for all you yanks.

great matches tonite, im picking france and italy to win ;)

watching both matches via projection on 3m(diagonally) screen at home, live direct via satellite :)

Allez le bleu!

mtfbwya

Archived