Home

TSL - Jedi Master Robe change

jonathan7

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone :)

Ooo, this looks lovely. Just one note...I liked Vrook's outer robe better as brown, and I'd make his pants a bit lighter, maybe even white to match the undershirt. Still, keep up the good work!

Currently this is what Vrook looks like;

picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1157

Hehe, I am more than happy to hear constructive criticism - the change in robe colour was on Shem's suggestion, with Skins I don't think I can make everyone happy, but am more than willing to hear what people think should be done, and if there is a consensus leaning one way, I'm happy to change it to meet that. :)

What's the flesh-colored bit at the top? If it's supposed to be flesh it's (a) creepy-looking, and (b) doesn't actually look like flesh.

If it's not supposed to be flesh I'd recommend a color change because as it is it looks like that's what you were trying to do.

What's the flesh-colored bit at the top? If it's supposed to be flesh it's (a) creepy-looking, and (b) doesn't actually look like flesh.

If it's not supposed to be flesh I'd recommend a color change because as it is it looks like that's what you were trying to do.

It's supposed to be along the same lines as the K1 robe, a kind of pinky/purple neckscalf/collar - do you think the screenie in post 13 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2498719&postcount=13) looked better of the neck? As I can change it back, or have a further play... :)

It's supposed to be along the same lines as the K1 robe, a kind of pinky/purple neckscalf/collar - do you think the screenie in post 13 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2498719&postcount=13) looked better of the neck? As I can change it back, or have a further play... :)
You don't need to change it back, I'd just make the color a little bit more of a contrast to his skin. It's close enough now that it looks like we're seeing more of Vrook than I'm comfortable with. In fact if you put a helmet on his head he'd be more attractive... :p

In any case I was just suggesting you have the color be a little more distinct from his flesh tone to avoid any confusion and/or icky Vrook thoughts.

You don't need to change it back, I'd just make the color a little bit more of a contrast to his skin. It's close enough now that it looks like we're seeing more of Vrook than I'm comfortable with. In fact if you put a helmet on his head he'd be more attractive... :p

In any case I was just suggesting you have the color be a little more distinct from his flesh tone to avoid any confusion and/or icky Vrook thoughts.

I'll move it back to being white, but keep the blue lower bit of the collar... Thanks for the input :)

My pleasure. Good to see some people still appreciating honesty. :)

Constructive criticism, is more important than praise, in that it shows where you can improve :)

Here's Vrook with the white collar...

picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1159

a new screenie (dark padawan);

picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1160

Thanks for the positive feedback AK and l23 :)

They look really great! In fact, you've tempted me to maybe update my robe mod to look more in line with the ones you're producing.

I look forward to seeing the new skins, your ones on the knight/codpiece robe were excellent. :)

Johnathan, have you considered using any of the 'Jedi Council Robes' for anything? You know, the ones that Nemo and NPC Jedi wear in K1? I think they'd be pretty good for what your doing.

I think Vrook's collar looks a lot better than the almost flesh colour - actually thought I could see he bare neck in those first pics :).

Johnathan, have you considered using any of the 'Jedi Council Robes' for anything? You know, the ones that Nemo and NPC Jedi wear in K1? I think they'd be pretty good for what your doing.

I hadn't... until you just suggested it; I'll produce a variation with those as well :)

I think Vrook's collar looks a lot better than the almost flesh colour - actually thought I could see he bare neck in those first pics :).

Coolio :)

I hadn't... until you just suggested it; I'll produce a variation with those as well :)

Awesome :shades2:. I know a lot of people are quite fond of those robes, so I thought i'd suggest it, on the chance you hadn't thought of it.

If it'll help I can always knock together a possible example for you.

Awesome :shades2:. I know a lot of people are quite fond of those robes, so I thought i'd suggest it, on the chance you hadn't thought of it.

If it'll help I can always knock together a possible example for you.

I'll get to work on doing it now... Thanks for the offer, help I need would be what is .tpc name in KotOR tool? Then I can get started on it :)

.tpc? Is that the texture file?

If it is, then there's three different versions with male and female using different ones -

jedicounm01,02 and 03 - that's the male ones

jedicounf01,02 and 03 for the females.

Sorry for slow reply, been distracted ;)

.tpc? Is that the texture file?

Yeah, KotOR tool, converts it to .tga

If it is, then there's three different versions with male and female using different ones -

jedicounm01,02 and 03 - that's the male ones

jedicounf01,02 and 03 for the females.

Got em, will start as soon as I've finished the robe I'm working on atm; though should I use; n_jedicounm01, n_jedicounm02 or N_JediMemM01??

Got em, will start as soon as I've finished the robe I'm working on atm; though should I use; n_jedicounm01, n_jedicounm02 or N_JediMemM01??

The difficulty here is that they're all incredibly likeable. I'd say go for the first one - I think that one looks better out of those options.

Archived