Home

New Ep.4-6

M@RS

Who wants to see better Ep.4-6  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants to see better Ep.4-6

I was just wondering, who wants to see the Original Trilogy re-done?[/Quote]

No. They're great as they are. They pushed movie making techniques to their limit when they came out, and they've aged incredibly well.

And, even while I like the new trilogy, Lucas has stated often enough that he's happy with all of the films.

With better animations (and more realistic),[/Quote]

How can you get more realistic than huge sets for the Death Star, the Tantive IV, and REAL stormtroopers, as opposed to CGI? And of course, the real models used for all of the spaceships, aliens and props. If anything, the new trilogy is less realistic than the first one.

better saber fight, ect.

Nope. That would mean reshooting the movies over again, as splicing in new footage would look terrible. The fights are fine the way they are. I'd only ask they recolour the blades to look more in line with the new trilogy - Vader's lightsaber borders on pink at times.

Lucas has already butchered it enough. >.> [/Quote]

Forgive me, but as i've said, I don't think he has, at least not in his eyes. Yes, everybody has their own version of Star Wars, and their own perspectives, but it's always been his vision. Maybe there were some things that he shouldn't have added to them (like the 'Jedi Rocks' sequence in RoTJ), but they're still his films.

But that's not to say we can't moan about certain aspects of them. :xp:

You're both obviously too young to appreciate the awesomeness that was the original trilogy. Lucas has already butchered it enough. >.>

well say wat u wish but as i said before i respect the classics and i too think they r awesome all i was sayin was it woul be cool to just have a remake with the new technology

The movies themselves are classics. I dunno... maybe if executed right, a remake would be good? Even if they did, I would probably still prefer the originals.

They tried that with Planet of the Apes, though, and it didn't work.

Well, that's planet of the apes, not Star Wars, besides Lucas is pretty good at not ruining stories when it comes to re-making, or adding to something, look at the Jedi Knight series, they made Dark Forces II and a quite a few years later they made a new Jedi Knight and it did not ruin the story at all, why couldn't he do that with the movies too?

Well, that's planet of the apes, not Star Wars[/Quote]

That doesn't make my comparison any less valid.

So, through your reasoning, by virtue of it being 'Star Wars' it's going to be good, no matter what happens? Force Commander? Holiday Special? anybody?

The only thing that would need to be done with the old trilogy would be maybe to redo some of the special effects shots (blaster, lightsabers ONLY, no CGI space battles, thank you), and it would fit pretty seamlessly with the new trilogy.

A remake isn't required, and it would be pretty sucky.

I hear from a very reliable source that you're all silly little children. :indif:

_EW_

Who? Santa?

Anyways, as long as they don't change the puppet Yoda, and the Metal Bikini, I'm almost Ok with it :p

It might even be very, very good. But it never will be considered good by the fans who actually love the originals.

And I bet I might be one of those fans :carms:

i would like to see sum lightsaber duels more along the lines of the pt cuz frankly the duel between vader and kenobi in episode 4 was kinda pitiful granted it was an old dude fighting a guy with prosthetic limbs but i mean the old man is no excuse look at yoda and palpatine

Umm... you do realise that that was the first lightsaber duel to grace our screens? I think you can forgive Lucas and co for not knowing exactly how to do a fight like that.

If anything, many of the fights in the PT are pitiful - they often go on too long, and some are quite ludicrous. There's a bit in Episode III where Anakin and Obi-Wan spend half a minute twirling their lightsabers in front of each other without doing anything.

Yes, I was actually thinking "hey, this battle isn't so bad" until that point, after which I wrote off the whole movie as a load of crap and never watched it again. All the saber fights in the prequels (save the one with Maul) were crap. The OT duels were much more realistic.

Umm... you do realise that that was the first lightsaber duel to grace our screens? I think you can forgive Lucas and co for not knowing exactly how to do a fight like that.

If anything, many of the fights in the PT are pitiful - they often go on too long, and some are quite ludicrous. There's a bit in Episode III where Anakin and Obi-Wan spend half a minute twirling their lightsabers in front of each other without doing anything.

I completely agree.

The fights have just gotten flashier and flashier with higher speed film and special effects. If anything, the first lightsaber duel (New Hope) was the most realistic.

Before I had even finished reading your post, my thoughts went to that silly lightsaber twirling in Ep III. I mean, it sounds cool, it looks kinda cool, but it's pointless. In a real world fight, the first one to put a sword behind his own back would be the first dead fighter.

I'm with the majority. Leave my OT alone :fist:

I'm sick and tired of remakes, re-dos and reboots. Not just aimed at Lucas.. but Hollywood in general.

What I wouldn't give for something original, or at least something that doesn't have a Roman numeral after it's title :rolleyes:

Archived