Home

White Americans no longer majority in 2042

Nedak

WASHINGTON (AP) -- White people will no longer make up a majority of Americans by 2042, according to new government projections. That's eight years sooner than previous estimates, made in 2004.

The nation has been growing more diverse for decades, but the process has sped up through immigration and higher birth rates among minority residents, especially Hispanics.

It is also growing older.

"The white population is older and very much centered around the aging baby boomers who are well past their high fertility years," said William Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution, a Washington think tank. "The future of America is epitomized by the young people today. They are basically the melting pot we are going to see in the future."

The Census Bureau Thursday released population projections through 2050, based on rates for births, deaths and immigration. They are subject to big revisions, depending on immigration policy, cultural changes and natural or manmade disasters.

The U.S. has nearly 305 million people today. The population is projected to hit 400 million in 2039 and 439 million in 2050.

That's like adding all the people from France and Britain, said Steve A. Camarota, director of research at the Center for Immigration Studies, a Washington group that advocates tighter immigration policies.

White non-Hispanics make up about two-thirds of the population, but only 55 percent of those younger than 5.

By 2050, whites will make up 46 percent of the population and blacks will make up 15 percent, a relatively small increase from today. Hispanics, who make up about 15 percent of the population today, will account for 30 percent in 2050, according to the new projections.

Asians, which make up about 5 percent of the population, are projected to increase to 9 percent by 2050.

The population 85 and older is projected to more than triple by 2050, to 19 million.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=152150&catid=28

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully everyone is used to that, as this is America. Some people don't like being used to that though, unfortunately.

Yes. That is very unfortunate. :(

I don't the issue is really on race, but the bigger issue of illegal immigration.

Indeed. There really, IMO, isn't all that much that we really can do about it though w/o seeming really harsh. That is the best way that I could word it. Hopefully you get what I said. :lol:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- White people will no longer make up a majority of Americans by 2042, according to new government projections. That's eight years sooner than previous estimates, made in 2004.

Is this supposed to be a problem? Why would the US government even bother to make such an estimate? Not being American, I don't care that much about the ethnic makeup of that state, but this seems to be represented as a danger, a flaw that needs to be corrected and I don't see why (things like this article/report/estimate/whatever that have even a small hint of racism tend to annoy me). America needs improvement in pretty much every system - education, immigration and healthcare first, but also anything else you can think of, however it seems to me that your government also needs to improve its way of thinking, especially now when the US could end up having its first black president.

Think about it - would things really be that terrible, if caucasians were to become a minority in the US?

Note: Not that it should matter, but besides not being American, I am also very white.

^

^

No, it has nothing to do with discrimination of any race, or saying that Caucasians are superior. The article is mainly making a statement towards illegal immigration (if you didn't notice where it talked about the rate of increase in Hispanics). It is also pointing out the irony in how the country was founded by Caucasian Europeans and where Caucasians were the majority, they will be the minority.

The article could be viewed as negative from an illegal immigration standpoint, or it could be viewed positively from a diversity standpoint.

Yes, yes it would. Then the massive White Conspiracy to suppress everyone would fall apart.

Yes, that very well could resolve a lot of the PC issues.

Wait isn’t that monstrosity Homeland Security is building along “parts” of our Southern border taking care of illegal immigration? Wait, these illegal immigrates are not crossing our northern border, are they? Darn, Canadians. :D

I think it is the other way around. Since Canada is really just a much healthier, prettier, less corruptable America.

It is also pointing out the irony in how this land was stolen from the native population by Caucasian Europeans and where Caucasians were the majority, they will be the minority.
fixed.

It is ironic that that we forced a small population out and now the same thing is happening to us. Just hope the same methods used to wrestle the control away from Native Americans are not used on white America.

I think it is the other way around. Since Canada is really just a much healthier, prettier, less corruptable America.
Hence the :D. I don't want them building a fence along our northern border; I may be wanting to sneak across the border one of these days very soon. I also believe it is very stupid to build a partial fence along our southern border. Maybe I can open a 7-11 in one of the gaps and get rich.

fixed.

It is ironic that that we forced a small population out and now the same thing is happening to us. Just hope the same methods used to wrestle the control away from Native Americans are not used on white America.

So you think that Illegal Immigrants should take the entire country? Is it really fair to punish the United States for something it's government did a long time ago?

I bet the Mexican government would be great in The United States. I mean look at how well they run their own country!

So you think that Illegal Immigrants should take the entire country? [/Quote] I said that? Hint, the answer is no. ;)
Is it really fair to punish the United States for something it's government did a long time ago? [/Quote] Never said I thought that. I said I found it ironic. I think somehow that the fact only American citizens have the right to decide our government is being forgotten here. Yes, the majority may not be white, but they will be American citizens and not foreign Nationals.

Race seems to be a big deal to the news media...and the government. Most people I know don't really care. Two of my best friends are a different ethnicity then I am. People are just people /shrug.

But yeah, this had to happen sometime. I'm not even going to get involved in the illegal immigration part of this thread :-p

What I don't get is why people aren't looking at the fact that more and more mixed "race" babies are being born.

I don't think we'll see any one single entity as majority in 2042, infact I believe a bit before then we'll mostly see a new generation made entirely of a combination of everything.

However, all of this is completely irrelevant as the biggest issue with the population isn't race, but rather intelligence. Unfortunately it seems America is on a very sharp decline in the intellect department and rather than focus on how many white or black babies we have, we should focus on how many of these white, black, brown, etc. babies grow up to be stupid and maintain sub-standard intellect.

The fact that our children in the midwest come out of high school standing in line with the intelligence capacity of a mentally challenged person disturbs me, hardly any education truely surpasses that of the 3rd grade level.

I bet the Mexican government would be great in The United States. I mean look at how well they run their own country!

You don't want to get on the "illegal immigrant" soapbox with me. I'll kick you right the **** off. :)

I like how people still think skin color is anything to bother with.

Right-o, Siffeh. Seems that surgery did not affect your rationality :D

However, all of this is completely irrelevant as the biggest issue with the population isn't race, but rather intelligence. Unfortunately it seems America is on a very sharp decline in the intellect department and rather than focus on how many white or black babies we have, we should focus on how many of these white, black, brown, etc. babies grow up to be stupid and maintain sub-standard intellect.

The fact that our children in the midwest come out of high school standing in line with the intelligence capacity of a mentally challenged person disturbs me, hardly any education truely surpasses that of the 3rd grade level.

Damn straight. Here's the real problem.

_EW_

Archived