HK-47 versus General Grievous

Endorenna

Who would win?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're talking about a duel where they both start with like 20 meters between them, then I'd say Grievous. He wields Lightsabers after all.

But then again, you mustn't underestimate Hk-47. He devised the strategy to defeat Darth Sion and knows a lot about how to kill Jedi in general. If Hk-47 has the opportunity to study and examine Grievous prior to their fight, I'd place my money on Hk. :)

The premise is ridiculous (like most "versus" threads), but I'll disregard that for the remainder of my post.

I'm going to assume that they both get their standard equipment, which means HK-47 has the usual assortment of blasters, while Grievous has at least two lightsabers, plus his cape.

My analysis? Grievous wipes the floor with HK, regardless of the environment. HK may be an assassination droid of unrivaled sophistication (his words), but I don't see how he's on the same level of Grievous in terms of sheer killing ability. HK killed plenty of people (some Jedi), but many of those were assassinations. I seriously doubt that HK confronted the target directly and attacked directly without a trick of some kind in most of those assassinations.

Grievous doesn't use or need tricks. He's shown repeatedly to defeat skilled Jedi Masters in very short duels, even when he's badly outnumbered, and he doesn't sneak up on them or anything like that. Aside from that, his armor is also shown to be highly resistant to laser fire (as shown in the novel Labyrinth of Evil, where he deflects shots from a clone trooper with his hands), while HK does not have lightsaber-resistant armor.

Lance put up an interesting point on HK's abilities to defeat Jedi, but it can't be applied to Grievous, since Grievous isn't a Jedi at all (and he's probably killed more Jedi than HK anyway). In conclusion, I doubt Grievous would have any more trouble with dispatching HK-47 than he would with a single ARC trooper (of which he's killed groups).

hey guys lets not forget R2-D2 who would win against HK's and grievous you know that fella is quite small and got loads of tricks and that he would use to win against them but anyway since this HK-47 vs Grievous i am going to say what i have to say well HK is an assassination droid and grievous is a cyborg since he has a real heart and so it would matter like if they were on a ship naboo and more and since hk is assassination droid he wouldn't go in to direct combat with grievous.

Again grievous is a cyborg that likes melee combat and therefore uses lightsabers so it's just a matter of place how close they are to each others so the answer here is that they both could win against each other it just matter if they are close or far away but i still goes with my previous message R2-D2 would win agains both of them

I'm going to assume that they both get their standard equipment, which means HK-47 has the usual assortment of blasters, while Grievous has at least two lightsabers, plus his cape.[/Quote]

Just curious, but is the cape important? I guess he could use it as a distraction (such as throwing it at the droid).

Like I say, more curiosity than anything else.

My analysis? Grievous wipes the floor with HK, regardless of the environment. HK may be an assassination droid of unrivaled sophistication (his words), but I don't see how he's on the same level of Grievous in terms of sheer killing ability. HK killed plenty of people (some Jedi), but many of those were assassinations. I seriously doubt that HK confronted the target directly and attacked directly without a trick of some kind in most of those assassinations.[/Quote]

Very good point - plus, Grievous has all of those years as a Khaleesh Warlord behind him - He's had to fight for his survival so many times it's second nature.

All HK has are a few assassination protocols - which, while sophisticated, only have so many programmed responses and outcomes.

HK does not have lightsaber-resistant armor.

Very good point, and something that i've always found odd considering the purpose he was built for.

In conclusion, I doubt Grievous would have any more trouble with dispatching HK-47 than he would with a single ARC trooper (of which he's killed groups).

Like you say, if he can take down powerful Jedi, then a simple droid is no match.

With HK-47's ability to defeat jedi, i'd have to go with him. Greavous wouldn't stand a chance.

But Grievous isn't a jedi. Using a lightsaber doesn't automatically make you one - all Grievous has is a lightsaber and hydraulics.

knowing HK-47, he'd suffocate him by disabling his ships life support.

Watch Episode III again - Grievous has been shown to be able to survive in a vacuum - turning off life support wouldn't do a thing.

Result? Greivous reduces HK to base components in seconds.

I like HK.. but against GG... sorry, not going to happen. Grievous would annihilate HK before you could say "meatbag"...

Grievous makes his first chronological appearance in the Star Wars universe in episode 20 of the Clone Wars series. He single-handedly attacks and dispatches seven Jedi in an aggressive display of lightsaber mastery. He begins the swift conquest of almost all of the Outer Rim planets, striking fear into the very heart of the Republic. Grievous leads the assault into the inner systems, along the Corellian Trade Spine, conquering world after world. He harbors an intense hatred of the Jedi, and takes great satisfaction in collecting their lightsabers as trophies after killing them.
- source

Grievous's first public appearance against the Republic was at the Battle of Hypori, where his tactics resulted in the obliteration of an entire Republic task force. Grievous proceeded to defeat a team of seven Jedi Knights, including Council members Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaak Ti. These two, along with Aayla Secura and K'Kruhk, were the only survivors of the battle, as a rescue team comprised of ARC Captain Fordo and several other Advanced Recon Commandos, sent to Hypori by Obi-Wan Kenobi, arrived and managed to hold Grievous at bay with great difficulty as the Jedi made their escape. Had the clones not arrived, the remaining Jedi would have likely been killed.
- source

yeah...

It was Obi-Wan's style that allowed him to win. Soresu is a powerful technique, despite Kreia's near disdain for it. That single point is in fact why Kenobi was chosen by the council to defeat Grievous. And Soresu also is what accounted for the "casual manner," being a mindset as well as a lightsaber style.

It depends, in my opinion, upon whether or not they have time to set up or not. Assuming they do, HK wins with an assortment of mines, grenades, flamethrowers, and blaster-fire.

Assuming they are thrown into an arena each with their "typical" gear, I think it would be close. No one so far has taken personal shields into account. HK could very well have a high-end energy resistant shield activated, nullifying Grievous' lightsabers for a time. Also, if you notice, HK-47 has a reasonably high strength modifier, so he may be able to grapple with Grievous and possibly disarm him using droid-only items such as the gravity generators or stun him with neural disruptors. Or Grievous could prove resistant to all these stratagems and simply impale HK's core with a lightsaber. But my money is on HK-47, even if it is mostly due to bias. :xp:

Wow I never realized Grievous was that proficient at lightsaber combat. In the movie, Obi-wan defeated him in saber combat in an almost casual manner.

Thats because they messed up GG in episode 3. I mean in the star wars TV show on CT, GG killed i think 3 knights and 2 masters in ONE FIGHT!

Anyway i think GG would own HK.

Actually I would call it a draw... being this is just a vs scenario I know HK would flee until a plan of attack could be enacted upon Grevious. In melee Grevious would win, but remember Grevious should not be able to deflect blaster bolts with his saber(s) like a Jedi can so it is anyones game in ranged combat.

HK clearly indicates in TSL that he used tactics to achieve his goals, so it would not be any different here. Grevious didn't appear to be incompetent either so I'll call it a draw.

I think that HK would win. After all General Grievous doesn't have the Force, so he's gonna have a whole lot of trouble blocking blaster bolts, especially a sniper rifle. :) If it's at closer quarters, then HK could use his flamethrower on Grievous' chest, igniting what's left of his organic parts.

Also, as Atton said, "It's not hard to kill Jedi. You just have to be smart about it." ;)

Furthermore, HK-47 is an assassin. Grievous would be facing so many traps that it wouldn't even be funny. Implosion bomb strapped to his hyperdrive, which is actually just a cover for a small capsule of Nergon-14 in a strategic weak spot on the shielding of the power core, which is backed up by a line of thermal detonation tape against the vessel's airlock and a time-detonated thermal detonator A-Class in Grievous' chambers.

This is a very hard match up. I am going to think long and hard about this

Remember Corinthian. This depends on the situation. What if HK-47 only has a standard blaster pistol. Remember if Hk-47 has all that equipment what if Grievous has a huge amount of shielding and such. Or better yet what if Grievous knew Hk-47 was waiting for him.

I know this all depends on situation and please don't contradict me so we can get into a very long debate on how well Hk-47 can aim through a blaster sheild. Just know that HK-47 isn't an invincible droid with a rifle who can shoot someone between the eyes a kilometer away. All the same people remember HK-47 has defeated Jedi before by using various weapons to good effect. But it all depends on the situation

Right now I believe it would be entered into a draw. Eventually HK-47's rifle would run out of ammo and Grievous's weapons would fall off a cliff. Then both decide to fight another day

If HK-47 is only armed with a blaster pistol, then Grievous would probably win. Unless Grievous is similarly poorly equipped, say, with only one lightsaber, in which case, Grievous will be hard pressed to do his lightsaber spinning technique effectively.

Rakata, he's DONE that. Actually, according to him, he's shot people through the knees from 120 kilometers away. With an Aratech Sniper Rifle. With a trilights cope.

Rakata, he's DONE that. Actually, according to him, he's shot people through the knees from 120 kilometers away. With an Aratech Sniper Rifle. With a trilights cope.

I was just giving an example as to why HK-47 isn't all powerful. I could just over exaggerate it and say HK-47 isn't some invincible droid who can shoot a lazer from one planet to another

Oh crap, I thought this was supposed to be a general 1 vs. 2 war, so I voted HK because I find him cooler. Little did I know that this was supposed to be a hypothetical battle.

In that situation, Greivous would win hands down: not only because he has more arms and can use lightsabers, but his parts are thousands of years newer and more advanced.

Lightsabers are not the Be-All, End-All weapon. Grievous doesn't have the supernatural Jedi danger sense that allows them to deflect bolts, he relies on brute force and some interesting strategies to protect himself from blaster-armed clones. HK-47 is smarter than that.

In a reasonable scenario - HK-47 and Grievous are dropped into an empty urban environment with caches of equipment spread around, HK-47 would win, hands down. Grievous relies on lightsabers primarily with blasters forming a distant seconds and more esoteric weapons like Force Staves making a third. HK-47 dominantly uses blasters, but is skilled with various different weapons. Besides, HK-47 has killed proper Jedi before. So has Grievous, admittedly, but HK-47 doesn't fight like a Jedi. Grievous does in most ways that count.

Lightsabers are not the Be-All, End-All weapon. Grievous doesn't have the supernatural Jedi danger sense that allows them to deflect bolts, he relies on brute force and some interesting strategies to protect himself from blaster-armed clones. HK-47 is smarter than that.

Well but because of his cyborg implants, he is almost as fast. So maybe he doesn't have the intuition, but he is pretty fast with his sabers...

Well but because of his cyborg implants, he is almost as fast. So maybe he doesn't have the intuition, but he is pretty fast with his sabers...

Hm.. do you think being able to move and react fast would be sufficient to deflect blaster bolts? I believe some kind of foresight is necessary to accomplish such a feat.

Edit: Well on second though..blasters aren't lasers. I guess it depends on how fast the projectile moves.

Archived