Home

Obama's Connection to ACORN?

Web Rider

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And lets not forget this group the FBI Investigated too. Some people just try to manipulate the system...you know?

Senators John Glenn and John McCain were cleared of having acted improperly but were criticized for having exercised "poor judgment".
Thats all I need to know. McCain exercised poor judgement, and Obama will be guilty of stealing an election.

Seeing as there's been no decision yet, it's a bit premature to be assuming that, don't you think?

No, it's not. ACORN staff are under investigation for voter registration fraud in WI and other states. It's not the association that Obama has that disturbs me--there's nothing tying him directly to any kind of registration fraud and he's come out against voter fraud (although it probably would be political suicide if he didn't come out against fraud).

What disturbs me is what happens if the race is close in states where ACORN fraud has been particularly bad, and those states have an impact on who wins. If the vote is very close in WI and our electoral vote make a diffeence in who wins, I'm concerned we could end up like FL in the 2000 election. I have no doubt that the election findings will be challenged legally in WI and other states where ACORN and similar organizations are active if the vote is close. If neither man wins enough votes to win decisively, we won't have just one contested state, we'll have upwards of 10 or more contested states. Obama's association with ACORN will be dwarfed by what could happen if the race is doesn't have a clear winner. It will be a losing proposition for whoever won--McCain would be accused of pulling another Bush 2000 vote, and Obama would be under a cloud of ACORN suspicion.

Unfortunately, I think we've only just begun to uncover the extent of the fraud.

Wallstreet Journal: WSJ: Oct. 14th: Obama & ACORN

Fresh off the press:

Which brings us to Mr. Obama, who got his start as a Chicago "community organizer" at Acorn's side. In 1992 he led voter registration efforts as the director of Project Vote, which included Acorn. This past November, he lauded Acorn's leaders for being "smack dab in the middle" of that effort. Mr. Obama also served as a lawyer for Acorn in 1995, in a case against Illinois to increase access to the polls.

During his tenure on the board of Chicago's Woods Fund, that body funneled more than $200,000 to Acorn. More recently, the Obama campaign paid $832,000 to an Acorn affiliate. The campaign initially told the Federal Election Commission this money was for "staging, sound, lighting." It later admitted the cash was to get out the vote.

The Obama campaign is now distancing itself from Acorn, claiming Mr. Obama never organized with it and has nothing to do with illegal voter registration. Yet it's disingenuous to channel cash into an operation with a history of fraud and then claim you're shocked to discover reports of fraud. As with Rev. Jeremiah Wright and William Ayers, Mr. Obama was happy to associate with Acorn when it suited his purposes. But now that he's on the brink of the Presidency, he wants to disavow his ties.

Don't listen to The Wall Street Journal. It's way out there in right field, if you know what I mean. Not to mention that it's owned Rupert Murdoch, the media tycoon of the world.

And I'm sure the outlets that get their news at the approval of George Soros and Ted Turner is any better?

Fact is, I'd believe Rupert Murdoch over Soros any day of the week, especially since Soros funds moveon.org.

Anyways Obama, has purged one of his websites to try to cover up evidence. Sean Hannity was bringing it up complete with transcripts and pointing out how Obama has been lieing about his connections with ACORN.

No, it's not. ACORN staff are under investigation for voter registration fraud in WI and other states. It's not the association that Obama has that disturbs me--there's nothing tying him directly to any kind of registration fraud and he's come out against voter fraud (although it probably would be political suicide if he didn't come out against fraud).

Try Ohio with same day voter registration, a Federal Appeals court just ruled in favor of the Republicans in a lawsuit against the Democrat Secretary of State in Ohio. She had been trying to sit on the situation, until the ACORN ballots were opened and then they could no longer be traced or investigated for fraud.

So voter fraud is going on, it isn't just registration fraud.

Even Obama says associations matter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewI1QD0QUoA

It sucks being on the other side of a rigged election doesn't it?

I personally don't care if he did or did not try and rig the votes. Cheating can either be seen as cheating, or intelligent use of opportunity. In this case he may have been caught, showing that he at least doesn't know how to cheat well.

Is that good or bad? He (might have) got caught. The election process is about who can cheat (aka, use opportunity) to their best ability to achieve the ultimate seat of power.

He's a politician. I expect them to do things like this. Hell, its a requirement to get to the office.

Its always been about who can cheat better in politics. The strongest of the manipulators are the ones that make it into office and use their strength to manipulate the house, senate, congress, party, and the rest of the American people to do as they would like.

Not how they demand, mind you. But what they would like. We're not a dictatorship after all. The presidents power is still limited, and I don't see it being expanded much for a long while.

Does that make Obama evil? Does that make McCain evil? No, it makes them politicians and the fact they are now both on the final stretch shows they are both pretty good at manipulating the game to their benefit.

Obama slipped up, and now he's paying the price.

Media coverage is kinda one-sided on this.

Example:

A further examination of these two experts however shows that Rood is downright deceitful in presenting this argument. Lorraine Minnite actually donated $250 to the Obama campaign in March of this year while David Becker is anything but the Republican that he is portrayed as in the article. In fact Mr. Becker is a former director at People for the American Way, a liberal activist group that monitors "right wing organizations" and is currently launching a campaign aimed at Fighting Back Against Right-Wing Smears of ACORN.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/terry-trippany/2008/10/17/abc-news-used-obama-contributor-expert-defense-acorn

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-vadum/2008/10/17/flash-tom-brokaw-involved-soros-funded-charity-funds-acorn

Obama is heavily connected to ACORN, plus there is the added money trail.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2008/10/15/cnn-s-jeffrey-toobin-obama-doesnt-have-affiliation-acorn

So you're saying one speech at a place to try to court the minority vote is equivalent to working for them as an organizer, being their lawyer, funnelling money to them, and paying them over $800,000 this campaign for their "Get out the Vote" drive?

In 2001, when Obama was a part-time director of The Woods Fund of Chicago, it gave $75,000 to ACORN, the voter registration group now under investigation for voter fraud in 12 states.

Obama Education Group Funded Controversial Organizations in the '90s, Tax Returns Show

Archived