Home

Connecticut Supreme Court overturns gay marriage ban

Rogue Nine

<snipped>

"Daddy?" May I ask why you call God Daddy? But I digress. Returning to the topic at hand: we could get into a deep philosophical debate here. What is free will? Are all of our actions predetermined by some higher power, or by previous experiences? It's all dependent upon your point of view.

<snipped>

What makes a homosexual relationship unnatural? And there's no need for the emphasis- I clearly understand your point without the bold, italicized, and underlined text.

I'm going to tackle the last two comments together. I do not believe in Fate nor Destiny... I believe that we have a chosen male for females, and a chosen female for a male, don't get me wrong, but it's not Fate... it's the Creator going about his buisness, doing what he originally intended mankind to be like. He makes us an actual soul mate of the opposite sex... not one of the same.

So, if we have free will, doesn't that mean that we can choose who we love and want to be with? What's a soul mate, by the way? I'd like your definition before we continue. Thanks in advance.

Despite what you say, I know that you will be shown the light, I may not know who you are... but I will pray that God shows you the truth, and you will embrace it. That is my goal, both as a Christan teen, and as a member of our church's youth Drama Team, H2O. Ridicule me all you want, at least I know I'm not bound to the world and it's perverted ways.

While I appreciate your concern me (that sentence wasn't intended to be sarcastic, by the way), I'm quite fine the way I am. "I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. "

Enjoy your youth group, by the way. I'm quite happy dining in Hell with Sithy. And I won't ridicule you for your beliefs, as it would go against my own morals. Instead, I'll attempt to show you my point of view. I sincerely hope that you really try to understand where I'm coming from, and I will do my best to try to understand your point of view.

I feel it must be emphasised that religion cannot be brought to bear in a court. No doubt there are judges the world over who feel the same way from a religious standpoint, but that is an unacceptable argument at law. I would be interested to read the actual case, but I know from the UK example that human rights were very important in determining the outcome of that case - an article of law had to be re-interpreted to follow the right to privacy and family life, and freedom from discrimination. I imagine the Court in this instance was motivated by much the same concerns.

Ridicule me all you want, at least I know I'm not bound to the world and it's perverted ways.

This reminds me of the good old days... Oh the woo I used to do... Wait... those weren't the good old days. Those where the days when I was blinded by anger and assumptions.

Beleive it or not, I used to think just like you do now... Please look at my sig and think about what those quotes mean, if you'll give me that much of a benefit of a doubt to try to understand where the people on the other side of the internet are coming from in their thinking.

Just popping in to say that I think it's a move in the right direction :) I find it hard to understand why people would be so strongly opposed to it--what you believe is personal, and there's no way that you should impose it on others. If anything, you might argue that their marriage will be all the stronger considering how they went through a legal hell for it. I wish them all the best!

Rueben Shan, my advice to you is to not follow what the church says blindly. An interesting thing to note is that Jesus hardly, if ever, answered questions directly. Instead, He told a parable and let you figure it out on your own. Try that, hm?

I believe this is indeed a step in the right direction.

I still believe we are not a Christian country anymore, and need to come to terms that we should not be deneying same-sex couples the same rights as a hetrosexual couple.

Honestly, we'll let a married couple beat the living daylights out of eachother, yet we won't allow two men who love eachother to marry?

I agree with everything in your post except this. We never were "a christian nation". There are a lot of christians in our nation, but that is something completely different.

That wasn't exactly how I wanted to put that. I mean, we are a country that allows freedom of religion, yet some older conflicts we've had seemed to revolve around the Christian religion. We seem to declare ourselves a Cristian nation, to an extent.

God, I'm not saying this right at all.

I'm not sure how to put it.

It's okay. I wasn't trying to rake you over the coals or anything :)

There's no doubt that we have become a largely christian nation, however the idea that the U.S. was founded as a christian nation, based on christian principles is patently false. So the idea that we can "go back to" something that never was has problems. That's all I was trying to point out.

If two consenting adults, regardless of their gender, want to get married, it's their own business, not mine.
QFT

Marriage cannot be legally defined as a religious union under the American constitution due to Separation of Church and State.
Score one for True_Avery.

Good for you, we'll be dining on barbecue in Hell.
I will bring the barbeque sauce and the beer and I'll be there before most of you.

We never were "a christian nation". There are a lot of christians in our nation, but that is something completely different.
Despite the best effort of some.

In honor of Inyri remarks - Paso en la dirección correcta ( Step in the right direction). Don’t blame me if it isn’t exactly correct, I used Google.

Archived