Home

What is Nihilus saying...

mattig89ch

completely off topic, but has anyone ever managed to figure out what Nihilus is saying?

(this question was inspired by Christos K's sig)

Not to further derail the thread.. but I could swear it's some filtered version of

I swear I'm not on drugs.... currently.... at this particular time & moment... really.... >.>

"Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem"

EDIT: Decided to just make it a thread on it's own ;) - Cz

Correct. It has long been theorized that Nihilus is speaking Sith (the language of the extinct species native to Korriban), and the Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide has now confirmed it, making it canon. As for what he is saying, it's just gibberish. The game designers didn't give it much thought. (The Sith spoken by Atris' holocrons and by Nihilus sound quite different, though both have been confirmed to be the Sith language.)

completely off topic, but has anyone ever managed to figure out what Nihilus is saying?

Though my far exceeding knowlege of sound and recording. knowlege that far exceeds ChAiNz,:xp: I have been able to interpt what Nihilus is saying. Warning this is not for the faint of heart.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Though my far exceeding knowlege of sound and recording. knowlege that far exceeds ChAiNz,:xp:

:lol: Like that's hard to accomplish :xp:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

picture.php?albumid=149&pictureid=1120

Nah, nah-nah-nah-nah, you got it all wrong! This is what he says! :xp:

Ash Nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul!

hehehe... reminds me of another LotR line from smeagol that fits perfect for Nihilus ;)

"We could let HER* do it. Yes. She could do it. Yes, precious she could. And then we takes it once they’re dead. Once they’re dead…Shh…"

*- Visas

Heard he sacrificed the ability to speak in favour of power/immortality (chaining his soul to his armour).

Anyways, I could swear he demanded Visas should get him a shrubbery in one of the cutscenes.

Yeah, his ability to consume life started to consume his own body, which made it rapidly deteriorate. To save himself, he detached his consciousness from his body and attached it to his armor. So basically beneath the robes is just a swirling mess of dark side energy, with no corporeal body.

...in order to "explain" what the Legacy comic writers said while smoking weed. Funny how I don't recall ever seeing Nihilus wearing armor.

Don't be so anal. I think you know perfectly well what they were referring to: his outfit. ;) Perhaps it was simply a poor choice of words? Or perhaps the writers thought "outfit," "costume," "robes" or "clothes" didn't sound strong enough for the idea of confining one's soul? Or perhaps Krayt was simply slightly mistaken in his studies? (Not that off, thought.)

Or perhaps they really did mess that one up? Even so, who cares! It's no big deal!

But Visas stated that he's a man when she took off his mask. oÔ

I knew someone would bring that up. :) I debated with myself whether or not I should mention it when I made that post, but it was late and I was tired.

Anyway, I think Visas was simply lying. I think what she actually saw was a bottomless pit of rage, hunger and anguish, and it disturbed her so much that she couldn't speak of it when asked what she saw.

Sort of like opening Pandora's Box.

Don't be so anal. I think you know perfectly well what they were referring to: his outfit. Perhaps it was simply a poor choice of words? Or perhaps the writers thought "outfit," "costume," "robes" or "clothes" didn't sound strong enough for the idea of confining one's soul? Or perhaps Krayt was simply slightly mistaken in his studies? (Not that off, thought.)

I'm not being anal. I think it's reasonable to assume a human being with a standard level of intelligence would be able to figure out the difference between robes and armor.

True, but the things I said to that still stand. I say that my theory about it being a small misunderstanding on Krayt's part is the most plausible in-universe explanation. After at, it has been over four thousand years; and in the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a misunderstanding at all. ;) Plus, let's not forget that history tends to get distorted over time.

^

Miraluka's can't see? They see through the Force. Maybe he original face?

Hahaha! You're absolutely right. How could I have forgotten about that? How silly of me!

Your theory that she may have seen his original face in the Force certainly makes a lot of sense, and I wouldn't be surprised if you were correct.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this (as I think I picked up the idea from somewhere out there on the internet), but I believe that what she was trying to say was that in the end, the being who held destroyed Katarr and held so much sway over her...was just a man. No more, and no less. She was no longer his slave.

Archived