Home

Will You Buy the Game? Yes Or No

ReplicatorJade

Will You Buy Star Wars: The Old Republic when Released?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Buy Star Wars: The Old Republic when Released?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I'm Not Sure Yet.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uncertain. There are various attractions and put-offs in this project for me.

Attractions:

-Finally, a new game...:xp:;

-may be interesting to run around as a SW character with fellow LF patrons;

-Some interesting aspects - such as character creation, and the option to be something other than sabre-twirler.

Put-offs:

-Inevitable monthly fee (although this will be dependent upon the figure released);

-Story concerns - I find it hard to imagine how it will be properly implemented;

-24hr players that advance quickly - I know there is some name for this, but I have heard others who have complained that getting constantly squashed by high-level characters when one has just joined can be off-putting.

Once I read more (and see more about it, I will be more prepared to make a decision. However, system requirements will be another grave concern.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/starwarstheoldrepublic/video/6199708/star-wars-the-old-republic-revealed?hd=1&tag=topslot;watchlink;1

They say that the MMO broke alot of boundries that they wouldn't have been able to do with KOTOR 3. They said that it was like making KOTOR3-12. Im excited. I've been waiting for a New MMO, since me quiting Star Wars Galaxies.

It's going to be fun, If they keep their promise with the storyline, choices and don't just make it a WoW-clone, I'm ****ing sick of WoW clones. WoW is **** it's popularity is damaging other MMOs because devolopers can cash in easy using the WoW forumula.

Oh and Going to Join the Sith Empire, become a sith lord! and wipe the pathetic jedi from the face of the galaxy....... :p

I sure cannot wait.

I think its silly to totally disregard a game because its not "KotOR 3". It being made by bioware is a HUGE++++. Just because it is an MMO means the game cannot be fun?

I do think it is a little...weird, to already dislike a Star Wars game because its not KotOR3. I understand you may not like OTHER mmos...

Besides, its a period of KotOR. This excites me MUCH more than a single player game that is totally restricted by being offline at all times.

I think Darth_Yuthura.

I mean, they spread rumors saying it was a new Kotor project. But its not. Its years later, with a new storyline. What happen hundreds of years back isn't gonna be very important to the story obviously.

Revan's time is like ancient history.

I'll admit, the art that they've released really makes the good look very advanced. But thats not what Kotor was. It was of the ancient times.

This story seems to bring the old times to the end.

The wait will not be over until Kotor III is released! Until Revan is back and we have those questions she asked during Kotor II resolved.

I'll be waiting and patiently watching how this one fares story and gameplay-wise. Will it be a good experience to a KotOR player expecting a KotOR-like playthrough? If the right source answers 'yes', then monthly fee or not, I'll be the first on the queue to buy/download this thing, or stealing a copy, whichever is faster.

Since dreaming is still free.

Putting my head back between my shoulders, the thought that no matter how hard you try, you can't crush the Republic or the Empire, or reduce the Jedi/Sith Orders to ashes is... *sigh*.

They said the wait is over. What were they talking about?

They certainly didn't mean the wait for the next KOTOR because this in not it! This is NOT it!

If Lucasarts seeks to kill off KOTOR with this, I will not feed their pocketbooks. When KOTOR III comes out, THEN the wait is over.

Sorry but it seems to me that LucasArts commissioned this game in the stead of KotOR 3. I watched the Gamespot video for TOR and this is what Tom Nichols had to say:

"There are a lot of reasons why we decided not to do KotOR 3 and why we decided to do this as an MMO instead.

First of all I think that the storytelling that was behind the KotOR franchise is very applicable to doing an MMO so there's no reason to just limit it to a single player experience. There is a lot of potential in opening it up to the MMO wide audience experience."

Tom Nichols, LucasArts Executive Producer

Prior to today's announcement I really thought they wouldn't be positioning this as a direct successor to KotOR and I have mixed feelings about this but it seems like KotOR 3 either isn't going to happen or isn't going to happen any time in the foreseeable future.

I think Darth_Yuthura.

I mean, they spread rumors saying it was a new Kotor project. But its not. Its years later, with a new storyline. What happen hundreds of years back isn't gonna be very important to the story obviously.

Revan's time is like ancient history.

I'll admit, the art that they've released really makes the good look very advanced. But thats not what Kotor was. It was of the ancient times.

This story seems to bring the old times to the end.

The wait will not be over until Kotor III is released! Until Revan is back and we have those questions she asked during Kotor II resolved.

Exactly! The fact that this is of that era, but removes from the contents of the first two games, this is NOT to be regarded as KOTOR, but it is portrayed that way.

I have NO issue with the gameplay, but the storyline. Set this game to 5-20 years after the original KOTOR and I'll be on it no matter what. I want lucasarts to realize that they must correct the timeline to the plot before they worry about gameplay.

Archived