Home

The big bad Class discussion!

Ztalker

I would like to see a Droid class.

You can be one of the droids from the factory that get miss shipped or ends up in an event that leads to you starting your class's quest. They can have one for the Sith and one for the Republic.

The droid would be some humanoid type of droid. You can customize yourself into a battle droid with heavy fire power or a droid with light weight which will allow you to use blades and maybe even a lightsaber.

Logan

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK well now that we know there will be 8 classes, what do you think they will be? I wonder if it will be 8 for each faction, 4 for each faction or maybe a mix of some cross-faction classes and some exclusive (obviously Jedi and Sith will be).

I can see some of the classes from SWG being in the game, such as obviously Bounty Hunter and Smuggler, but I doubt we see classes like Entertainer or Trader. I am guessing all the classes will be combat oriented but then they can also all have crafting professions to make up for the lack of the more social classes.

I think they should have an entertainer class, but not like the SWG entertainer. Think more like the Twin Suns kind of entertainers. Graceful, but deadly.

Like this

Entertainer: primarily a Melee class. (choice of 4 sub classes)

-- Hunter - bounty hunter type that can get in close

-- Spy - the best way to gather intel.

-- Medicinal musician - uses music to heal the wounded

-- Mesmerizing performer - Uses their performance to stun their audience

And no don't let them level by just playing a song with a macro running.

I like multiclassing. Players who take the time to do this, should be rewarded with special skills and be (stronger?) then the people who start as Jedi.

It would make the game balance better. And it will gently push people into discovering that bounty hunter first.

Thought of a new class (or skill), that appeared in ALL kotor games:

Jedi Master (skill)

-You will be capable of raising an lower skilled players skill, or teach him/her new skills.

-Will be rewarded by XP/new skills etc

-Interaction with other players

-Gentle way of earning XP, instead of grinding

I thought no classes have been announced at all. I mean, yeah, we know there will be Jedi and Sith classes but as far as I know BioWare hasn't told us what those classes will be. Are they going to do Consular, Guardian, and Sentinel classes like the KotOR games or will there be only one Jedi class like SWG?

And if TOR really does have eight classes then it appears the classes have been determined for the most part. We just don't know what has been determined as of yet. BioWare is likely going to spoon feed us a little bit at a time.

I thought no classes have been announced at all. I mean, yeah, we know there will be Jedi and Sith classes but as far as I know BioWare hasn't told us what those classes will be. Are they going to do Consular, Guardian, and Sentinel classes like the KotOR games or will there be only one Jedi class like SWG?

And if TOR really does have eight classes then it appears the classes have been determined for the most part. We just don't know what has been determined as of yet. BioWare is likely going to spoon feed us a little bit at a time.

I don't think there has been any official announcement even about Jedi and Sith, but I think whether there are multiple Jedi classes like in KotOR depends on whether that article was right about there being 8 classes, and whether that is 8 classes total, so 4 between the two factions, or if there are some shared classes, or what. So it's hard to even guess but right now I am thinking the only force classes will be 'Jedi' and 'Sith'.

Sorry. I did write Jedi and Sith classes but I wasn't thinking they would necessarily be separate. I'm thinking that perhaps they'll use the same classes KotOR did but there won't be different classes between Jedi and Sith. Magic user (consular), warrior class (guardian), skills class (sentinel). Assuming that eight is the number of classes TOR will start out with that would leave five non-Force sensitive classes.

My personal preference would be to have just one Force sensitive class between Republic and Sith and let the player choose how to specialize. Of course I think there should be some sort of limitation on force powers like the KotOR games had. For example I'm not a big fan of light siders using Force lightning so I think they either shouldn't be able to do it or even better if lightsiders do train in Force lightning that it should be a bigger drain on their force points and their Force alignment should get some DS points each time they use a "DS" power. But that's just me. :D

Ah ok, well I agree with you there. Rather than having to pick a consular, guardian, or sentinel and be stuck with them I hope it's just one class where you can specialize, perhaps they will use a similar system as WoW and have 3 talent trees where the trees can be similar to the 3 force classes from KotOR.

I also like what you said about the restrictions, I agree that I don't like seeing light side users having force lightning with no negatives, so hopefully like you said force powers of the other alignment will either cost more or affect a player's alignment.

I'd imagine that since this is the KotOR era, Bioware would have to be plain stupid to not have a Mandalorian class, or even stupider to not have any mandalorians at all.

Ah ok, well I agree with you there. Rather than having to pick a consular, guardian, or sentinel and be stuck with them I hope it's just one class where you can specialize, perhaps they will use a similar system as WoW and have 3 talent trees where the trees can be similar to the 3 force classes from KotOR.

I can see that happening, I'd imagine that Bioware will let you pick your species and customise your self as they did with Mass Effect and also let you choose your profile, so you don't have to start off in the same place. It becomes quite tedious when you start a new character and you have to play through the same start. I rather liked WoW for that variation, though thats probably the only story element in there. On the topic of WoW features, and most other MMO's, I'm sure Bioware will throw proffessions in there.

While I agree that it is strange to see lightside classes use force lightning; being fair, Jedi suck noodles. If Bioware can keep a difference between the faction and alignment then, while it already seems that 99.9% of people are already inclined to go Sith :p, ignoring that fact it would be much fairer if those on the Republic side can still be dark aligned, and I guess you could be a light aligned Sith but you'd be a pretty crap Sith. :xp:

I'd imagine that since this is the KotOR era, Bioware would have to be plain stupid to not have a Mandolorian class, or even stupider to not have any mandolorians at all.

You do know that the Mandalorians are a faction of people, not a job, right? That's akin to saying that you could be a Consular, a Sentinel, a Guardian or a Chinese Dude.

You do know that the Mandalorians are a faction of people, not a job, right? That's akin to saying that you could be a Consular, a Sentinel, a Guardian or a Chinese Dude.

:lol: Do you get Chinese "dude's"? What a faction that would be... Misuse of words on my part, I meant Mandolorian profile. Class wise I guess that would be a Mercenary? I think that would be a pretty awesome class :p

But to be fair, KotOR wouldn't be The Old Republic without Mandalorians.

True, but I doubt they are playable. Like it has been said Mandalorians are a faction of people and the only two playable factions in the game are the Republic and the Sith. I am sure we will see them in the game though.

8 classes....I am hoping for:

Jedi

Sith

Bounty Hunter

Droid Engineer

Smuggler

Beast Tamer

soldier/commando

TK Artist

Everyone should be able to craft, fly ships, heal etc.

and I DEFINITELY want mutliclassing, it makes the game much more interesting.

I do not want an SWG 2, but to this day my greatest mmo experience has been as a TKA/CH/Med

I honestly would play that over a jedi. I would eventually have a jedi character, but I prefer play some non-jedi roles

• 1 month later...

I think it should be 4 classes for the republic and 4 for the sith, there would be 4 classes which would be slightly altered due to the faction. something like:

republic/ sith empire

jedi/ sith

mercenary/ bounty hunter

soldier/ enforcer

scout/ assassin

the classes could have similar skills and equipment except the faction would have an influence on them.

like the mercenary could have like a paralyzing skill. While the bounty hunter could have a poison skill.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
:lol: Do you get Chinese "dude's"? What a faction that would be... Misuse of words on my part, I meant Mandolorian profile. Class wise I guess that would be a Mercenary? I think that would be a pretty awesome class :p

woah slow down there, is TOR really going to be during the KOTOR era?is it going to be the 3rd KOTOR? if yes than did bio-ware confirm the answers to above questions? just wanna know cuz you lost me at KOTOR wouldn't be TOR without mandalorians.It would be TOR wouldn't be KOTOR without Mandalorians

Archived