1. 1. Most anticipated game of 2009

• Brutal Legend
    • Sam and Max Season Three
    • Wallace and Grommit's Grand Adventures
    • A Vampyre Story 2
    • Insecticide Part 2
    • Deathspank

We´ve got the same speakers in Season 1 from Hit the Road. :xp:

But you´re right about the english version. Nick Jameson is great. Not only in SAM. :)

Sorry to say this but a little silly petition from silly little people like us all doesn´t turn around the mind of big or rich companies. :(

Too many people have been fine with the current voices in the episodic games! It angers me that no one cares about the two voice actors who were ROBBED of their roles, two voice actors who went through the hell of having to record voices for a game that the company that was supposed to release it cancelled at the last minute, and not being allowed to have their other game be allowed to sell in the United States because of that company, and then being forced to stand on the sidelines and do nothing while ANOTHER company which is supposed to be on their side ditches them for cheap imitators who not only haven't gone through the punishment they went through, but also do a worse job than they did!

Forgive me for ranting, but that's what happens when you people are too focused on your own agendas to bail out the innocent people who need to be bailed out more than ever.

Anyway, please sign my petition. I've been through enough torture already as it is.

Too many people have been fine with the current voices in the episodic games! It angers me that no one cares about the two voice actors who were ROBBED of their roles, two voice actors who went through the hell of having to record voices for a game that the company that was supposed to release it cancelled at the last minute, and not being allowed to have their other game be allowed to sell in the United States because of that company, and then being forced to stand on the sidelines and do nothing while ANOTHER company which is supposed to be on their side ditches them for cheap imitators who not only haven't gone through the punishment they went through, but also do a worse job than they did!

Forgive me for ranting, but that's what happens when you people are too focused on your own agendas to bail out the innocent people who need to be bailed out more than ever.

Anyway, please sign my petition. I've been through enough torture already as it is.

I'll break it down for you.

LucasArts have probably deleted Freelance Police out of all existence by now. It sucks, but the obese-bastards-in-the-gold-Merecedes's want it that way.

Nick Jameson and Bill Farmer did great voices for Sam and Max - and they're great actors who, don't worry, aren't exactly struggling to make it ends meet; Nick Jameson even worked on Psychonauts - but unfortunately they can't help Telltale because they can't fly over everytime Telltale is doing an episode. And no, Telltale can't just do all the episodes, record the dialogue all in one week or so and release the games episodically. It kills the whole point: user feedback.

The current actors are local. They drive down to the studio, read their lines and get paid. No flights, no fuss, all done very quickly.

And I know it can take a while to get used to new actors, and also to the fact you're not 13 anymore (and I'm pretty sure part of the reason you miss them so much is nostalgia). But the new ones are great, and deliver their lines well (even if Max gets a little too loud sometimes). It's a different, worthy take on Sam and Max.

Just get used to it. The new games are actually better than Hit the Road.

Just take it easy Bad Asp. I also hate it when voice actors change but changing them again would be... another change, you know?

I believe Telltale did say something about Nick Jameson and Bill Farmer being too busy to work on their series. So maybe they did ask them at first? I thought so at least. No one's betrayed anyone here or anything like that. And, like Kroms said, the actors probably don't mind. They have plenty of other projects. Bill Farmer is the voice of Goofy, for crying out loud! :D

The new voice actors are way more obscure than they are.

I understand if you don't like the new voices (can't believe I'm still referring to them as new) but there's simply no reason to get so upset about this. Things aren't as bleak as they seem. Just try to accept them, for your own sake.

Archived