Home

Israeli/Palestinian Conflict MEGATHREAD

Det. Bart Lasiter

Hamas' tactics are detestable in this regard, but even so, Israel isn't going to win itself any friends by demolishing every building - especially UN buildings it sees.

And they're definately not going to gain any allies by shelling refugee camps. That's only going to push more Palestinians into Hamas' arms.

Although, when the IDF decides it can expand international conventions on who is and isn't a target, it's hardly surprising.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that's if they actually did what the idf claims.

Very true, jaymack. The IDF are hardly a Paragon of honesty - and seeing as they won't let foreign reporters into Gaza, it's their word against Hamas - which muddies the waters as at this point they'll fling any accusations at each other to gain an advantage.

at least it wasn't white phosphorous?
Or Sarin, or mustard gas, or a biological containing Ebola, or assorted other equally nasty things....

What an unfortunate choice of words.
I suspect it wasn't accidental, however.

Schedule 3 hour daily truce falls apart after 15 minutes. At least they're talking about cease fires and short truces. It's not enough to be sure, but it's a start.

I was merely pointing out the obvious for those that may have missed it.

Which I had.

I was going to be outraged after listening to my stepfather’s war stories about the use White Phosphorus during the Korean War. Then I went to read more about White Phosphorus and saw America used it during our current engagement. :(

It's comforting to see evidence that not all Israelis agree with the actions of their government.
way to go achilles, israel found out about that because of your post and banned most of the israelis who would be against the actions of the current government there from taking part in their government >:|

http://haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1054867.html

Somebody should tell Israel the meaning of 'Irony'.

Has anybody seen those videos of the Israeli army diverting missiles then they get too close to civilians? I can't find the links for them - but in one of them, the camera is following a single 'militant'.

A single, solitary person. And when he gets close to a group of civilians, they divert the missle they fired at him. THE MISSILE THEY FIRED. Why on earth do they need to fire a missile at a single person?

I know that 'overkill' is pratically operational procedure for the IDF, but surely even they realise that that approach is what might be causing the civilian casualties?

But then again, given that only four years ago, they considered using Palestinians as human shields acceptable, it's not surprising they care little for civilian casualties.

It is a sad thing indeed that so many civilian casualties have taken place, in some cases with this war, it is unavoidable though. If Israel is using missiles for individual soldiers, then that is definately a tactic in need of changing. I would still think the Israel has every right to fight the Hamas, but it would be wiser to avoid civilian casualties and collateral damage, though the Hamas are not fighting that way. I still think Israel had right to assault, it's for their own people. It would be like if Mexico started hitting San Diego with missiles, or if France would start attacking England with missiles. If that happened, then you know very well what a country would do to protect its people, and many times with the cost of civilian casualties. That is war, it is extremely unfortunate and saddening that Palestinian civilians are being killed, but the Hamas isn't leaving much choice for the Israelis, though there can still be many changes to Israeli tactics.

It would be like if Mexico started hitting San Diego with missiles, or if France would start attacking England with missiles.
...after years of Californians preventing Mexico from having access to food and medicine or after England built a wall around France and decided that it would be up to them if/when French people got to come and go.

Neither side has hands that are free of blood and trying to paint the Israelis as simply responding to Palestinian aggression misses the point.

...after years of Californians preventing Mexico from having access to food and medicine or after England built a wall around France and decided that it would be up to them if/when French people got to come and go.

Neither side has hands that are free of blood and trying to paint the Israelis as simply responding to Palestinian aggression misses the point.

Well, the France/England, San Diego/Mexico thing was just an example.

But that is what it is. Israel is responding in force. They have been trying diplomatic solutions for the last year or so. Now they're pulling the plug and taking out all-stops. They stated pretty well that they wanted to dismantle the Hamas and prevent any further attacks before heading back to Israel.

I cannot think of any other motive that they would attack Gaza, it surely cannot be just for pure greed, that's not an Israeli thing to do. They are handling the problem in their way.

Well, the France/England, San Diego/Mexico thing was just an example.

But that is what it is. Israel is responding in force. They have been trying diplomatic solutions for the last year or so. Now they're pulling the plug and taking out all-stops. They stated pretty well that they wanted to dismantle the Hamas and prevent any further attacks before heading back to Israel.

I cannot think of any other motive that they would attack Gaza, it surely cannot be just for pure greed, that's not an Israeli thing to do. They are handling the problem in their way.

you didn't read the thread at all did you? israel broke the ceasefire and their government is just as genocidal as hamas.

Archived