Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why don't you just ask her?
I started to push the conversation that way at one point today... she changed the subject so quickly and dramatically I knew right away she didn't want to even think about discussing it.

Maybe I'll try again later... or not.

I'll probably just let it drop and accept things the way they are. Forever "Just Friends..." :rolleyes: *sigh*

But we'll see how things go tomorrow night. That will be a more relaxed atmosphere. She was pretty tense today since we were running on a tight schedule since she had to be across town for work by 3.

I'll probably still ask if she wants to attend this upcoming wedding with me. That might force some stuff into the open. (Or we'll attend as friends, and maybe even act as wingmen for each other. :dozey: )

And if she doesn't want to go, I can ask her to recommend one of her friends who might.

Whatever... I'm getting too tired to think about it anymore.

ugh...gotta go move more of my stuff. going to move clothes and dishes and kitchen appliances today. least it's not much of a mess to clean.

**** it i'm 3/4 done, and it's not even 12pm yet, might as well clear out today. though, not sure how i'm going to get the modem back to the cable company...haven't called to cancel that yet.

Karaoke was... interesting.

Not something I'd want to do every weekend... but fun enough that I'd do it again,.. and it was pretty hilarious at points. :D

I was pretty terrible... but I was the only one choosing any Classic Rock and Hard Rock songs, so I gave it my all.

At least it was just the 5 of us in a private suite, and not in a public bar with dozens of people watching on.

Next time I got to make sure I have more American people with us... nobody knew any of the songs I chose... and I didn't recognize any of the Japanese or Chinese pop songs that the others were doing.

Nothing new to report about my status. Never had a chance to talk privately with her last night. I guess maybe I should just accept that "it is what it is..." and be happy with that.

I'm supposed to stop over her place some time in the next couple of days though. Maybe if the spirit moves me I'll broach the subject again...

Hanging out with my best friend from my years in college today. We might jam a bit on guitar.

Looks like rain all weekend here. Oh well... I'm back to work tomorrow afternoon anyway. Didn't get much done around here after all. :rolleyes:

So much for time off. :dozey:

Um yea... good time so far

I got off work early Friday and my girlfriend showed up around noon. we cuddled for a bit and then went out and did some things before evening came around and arrived at my parents place. She was able to meet and talk with my Mom and niece before my Dad showed up and then we all went to the Great Dane (Brew pub) for dinner. After dinner we saw Julia and Juliet (Good movie).

After the movie she came back to my place and we cuddled some more and it got rather hot and heavy. Not going to go into much detail beyond that. We still want to hold back and enjoy the momments we have now before we go to far.

Finally pulled ourselves apart in the morning to go to the farmers market and she went home. Next time we meet it is going to be a nice romantic dinner out here in madison sept 17th and then I am visiting her that weekend... can't wait

Hmmm... Good for you. :)

I wish I had similar good news to report... but I don't. :(

In fact, I really think I'm about to throw in the towel on hopes for this one.

I don't want to... but I think it's the realistic thing to do at this point. Whatever vibes I thought I was catching a few weeks back seem to be totally gone now... and I don't see where I'm going to get any opportunities any time soon to try to resurrect them... even if I believed it might be possible at this point.

Oh well... story of my life. :dozey:

My car apparently has a leak somewhere in it. I noticed a puddle on the floor after the last hard rain... but I attributed that to spilled water of a passenger.

It happened again today after the downpours, and in the exact same spot... and I know there were no passengers with water bottles this time.

Damn! That means an expensive trip to the dealer... :mad:

It's always something... :rolleyes:

Oh... and I gave my piano away today. To my 2nd cousin. It's her birthday coming up, and she might actually play it. So I guess it's better than it living in my basement collecting dust and getting progressively further out-of-tune.

3 more things left to move. i moved all but those last 3 things (they won't quite fit in my car since the damn rear door refuses to open) by myself! :)

got signed up to run in a 5k on the 12th of september! i can't wait! also i got a new pair of running shoes. (asics ftw havent had a chance to run in them yet)

Should be... but all kinds of little details that needed to be dealt with (NOW!!!) kept cropping up, and the only other manager with me was new... so I never left the building.

I guess I could have run out super quick, and got some really crappy fast food, and gulped it down while working... but honestly, if that's my best option, I'd just rather go hungry.

If I can't get something good, and sit down and take the time to enjoy it, then I know I can get by without eating.

i thought that in a 8 hour work day one is entitled to at least one half hour lunch break or something

yeah its a law, but it oft goes very unenforced, especially in lines of work like ed's, and mine.

I signed up for my first track day on my bike for sept 27th:thmbup1:

Im' excited, the wife is not so much......

Shes pretty worried I'm going to total my bike and break something, which IS a risk. But the track is soooooo much safer than the street for riding

Archived