Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

... so all my emo angst was premature. :rolleyes:

its OK Ed, its get easier once you are out of the teenage years...........

:)

I'm 90% moved in!

another 2% will happen some weeknight this week, tonight or tomorrow prolly.....

then next weekend ill get more stuff as the epoxy on the garage floor will be ready for traffic

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ed, if anything I have learned this year with relationships is that the ladies somtimes can throw you for a loop, and if it isn't going to work out nine times out of ten it is because of issues they are dealing with. If it is ment to be, she will come back to you. if not, you need to realise it wasn't anything you did and move on.. how ever hard it is.

As for Kathleen and I. There are times I find myself doubting that the relationship is as good as I think it is. Then I get a phone call, or an E-mail that makes me realise it is still growing, getting better and stronger. Friday I found out her Dad's first name is the same as my Middle name. Today I had a voicemail waiting for me after work telling me that her best friend wants to meet me.

its OK Ed, its get easier once you are out of the teenage years...........
I'll smack you. :dozey:

;P

She wants me to help her pick out furniture for her place.

If she ever saw the mish-mash of weird stuff in my house, I'm sure she'd never ask my opinion. :D

But it probably has far more to do with the fact that I'm "her friend with a car" at this point, methinks...

We'll see...

If it's more of a "shopping for and helping pick out furniture for her place together" activity... that could actually be a bit fun. I went on a shopping trip with her a couple of weeks ago and that was a riot.

But:

If it's "me transporting and assembling furniture for her that she's already picked out and bought..." Ehh... not so much.

I'm sure I'll help her, of course... but I won't be so willing to take the call the next time if that's really what it is.

I really don't mind helping her out with giving her rides, or doing "guy"-type things occasionally,.. and I like spending time with her... but I do have limits.

If she's really only looking for an on-call handyman, then she might have to start paying for one. I have more than enough unfinished projects at my own place to keep me occupied without taking on all of hers as well.

Our time together has been leaning heavily that way lately... and not so much on the "hanging out together, talking, and having fun" side of things.

Hopefully, it's only because she's really trying to get established and settled in her new place, which is much bigger than the single rooms she's been renting for the last couple of years, and needs some work.

And that's hard to do without wheels of your own, and when you are kinda strapped for cash.

So... we'll see...

yeah

hopefully i dont get burned out

i planned for 18 credits, the MAX

just to make SURE that I can get the full benefits of the Post 9/11 Montgomery GI Bill.

i mean, if it comes to it, yeah i'll work alot on my off time, but [edit]shoot[/edit]

thats $1150 a month just to live on! (just a little less then what i get for unemployment :3)

Ed, if anything I have learned this year with relationships is that the ladies somtimes can throw you for a loop, and if it isn't going to work out nine times out of ten it is because of issues they are dealing with. If it is ment to be, she will come back to you. if not, you need to realise it wasn't anything you did and move on.. how ever hard it is.

And what I have learned this year is that there is no "meant to be" and if it doesn't work out, it has nothing to do with issues they are dealing with, and you need to realize it's entirely because of something you did or because you are simply not good enough. Then you can move on if you want, but it doesn't really matter, because no one will ever love you.

And what I have learned this year is that there is no "meant to be" and if it doesn't work out, it has nothing to do with issues they are dealing with, and you need to realize it's entirely because of something you did or because you are simply not good enough. Then you can move on if you want, but it doesn't really matter, because no one will ever love you.

i'm sorry you feel this way man, i'm having almost similar thoughts, seeing my sister getting ready for her wedding, it's very hard not to get upset that i haven't found the right woman yet.

well i just found out that there is maybe a little hope for me? my sister's maid of honor, her fiance's sister, is single. i haven't met her yet. this is fun to think about. single girls my age that are good looking are damn hard to find where i live. i don't expect her to be interested in me, but i might have the upper-hand, considering she's going to be my sister's sister-in-law.

anyway, just find something to fill your time, keyan. Go do stuff, do you have any friends?

well i just found out that there is maybe a little hope for me?

There isn't. There isn't any hope for anyone. There's just blind, stupid luck that a girl's brain might be triggered in such a way as to find you acceptable for just the right period of time for her to want to marry you. Which in the case of girls I know is about six weeks.

anyway, just find something to fill your time, keyan. Go do stuff, do you have any friends?

I have more than enough to fill my time. Yes, I have friends, but I hate them all.

If you hate your friends, hang out with your enemies. :D

Ed: If it continues, you may be in the "Friend Zone". At that point have an honest and open conversation. It's hard an' awkward but for the love of Joe Peschi if we did that more I think the world would be a better place. Less games more "Ok, so where is this gonna go?". If it's just friends, make sure you let her know it's cool. Don't kick yerself and wait.

Of course, this is the guy who hasn't dated in almost 3 years, so what the **** do I know eh? :D

Yeah... I'm starting to think that is the case... and I really don't believe there was really ever much of a chance of it being anything else.

But it was worth the shot. It's not like I was going to be doing anything else better with my time, anyway.

I haven't totally given up hope (until I learn she's seriously seeing someone else, she's still eligible...) but unless something surprising happens, it's not going to be my main focus anymore.

There isn't. There isn't any hope for anyone. There's just blind, stupid luck that a girl's brain might be triggered in such a way as to find you acceptable for just the right period of time for her to want to marry you. Which in the case of girls I know is about six weeks.

I have more than enough to fill my time. Yes, I have friends, but I hate them all.

go home, get in bed, and get out of bed on the opposite side of what did earlier

:¬:

I spent all of college basically dating the same girl, only to have her start treating like a *(^^ slaveboy and her bitch and have her tell me we need to get married, so I left her.

I thought I was totally eff'd because I wasted all of college when I had easy access to loads of single women my age etc etc etc

**** happens dude, women suck and till destroy you, get over it and move on. I know this one is fresh, so you have some time, but you need to move on eventually and forgive YOURSELF and the female gender, or you wont have much interaction with them anymore without having to pay for it

go home, get in bed, and get out of bed on the opposite side of what did earlier

I've tried both sides. They're exactly the same.

**** happens dude, women suck and till destroy you, get over it and move on. I know this one is fresh, so you have some time, but you need to move on eventually and forgive YOURSELF and the female gender, or you wont have much interaction with them anymore without having to pay for it

I'm already paying for it. I've been paying for it for eight years. I'll be paying for it for the rest of my life. I don't really care anymore.

I spent most of the last decade in a very similar state (though mine was caused by more by what seemed like dozens of consecutive rejections in a row, which destroyed any fragile kernel of self-confidence and self-esteem I may have started with...) that I'm now trying heroically to pull myself back out of... with mixed results.

My natural tendency is to just say "**** it!" and go back to that attitude... but I learned that while it was actually easier, it didn't serve to make me any happier.

Though, if things don't start looking up for me again, it's entirely possible I'll be heading back that way myself soon...

Keyan... it isn't all that bad. Yes the pain will still be there but you need to learn how to deal with it until the pain is lessened. You need to be happy with yourself first, and then want to share your wonderful life with someone else. Otherwise your SOL.

This weekend I have my neice visiting, and my Girlfriend wants to visit also since her earlier plans fell through. She is priority #2 tho since I havn't seen my Niece all summer

Keyan... it isn't all that bad. Yes the pain will still be there but you need to learn how to deal with it until the pain is lessened. You need to be happy with yourself first, and then want to share your wonderful life with someone else. Otherwise your SOL.

This is the problem. I am happy with myself. I am awesome. My life is perfect. I'm in great shape, I have plenty of money, and I have many hobbies and interests. The only thing missing IS someone to share it with. And it's never going to happen. Because I waited too long, and I'm too old now to find the perfect person I was looking for. But I had her. I had her in my hands, and I screwed it up somehow. And that's what I'm going to wake up to every day now. And yes, there are plenty of other people, blah blah blah. But the truth is, I really DON'T care anymore. Last time it took me six years before I was ready to try again. Now... I think it really is time to consider an alternative. And no, I don't mean dudes :rolleyes:

I hope you don't mean mail order brides?

Sorry... yeah, let's face it: Love Stinks.

I'm meeting M. to help her do some furniture shopping in the morning. I have mixed feelings about this... but I'm going anyway. We'll see how that goes and how I feel afterwards.

She's also invited me out to an authentic Japanese-style Karaoke club on Thursday night. I might try to meet up with her to see her friend play a Koto recital earlier that evening as well. That sounds uber-cool.

So... That's doing something fun together, for a change. I'm feeling a bit better about things,.. but I guess I still would like a better sense of where, if anywhere, we stand even in just our friendship... if not otherwise.

So... That's doing something fun together, for a change. I'm feeling a bit better about things,.. but I guess I still would like a better sense of where, if anywhere, we stand even in just our friendship... if not otherwise.

Why don't you just ask her? Granted, she will probably lie, since all women are liars, but at least you will communicate that you want to know the nature of your relationship and that will at least force her to think about it.

Archived