Home

XWA one year thread IV: The Clown Wars

K_Kinnison

i've been training since June. I REALLY need new shoes, i can tell these ones have gone bad on me. (my achilles tendons are hurting which is completely stupid since i'm not running on asphalt anymore) pushups i'm good on. situps are another story, i don't really have a way to do the ones i have to do on the test, so i guess i'll have to settle for crunches.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loooooooooong day... and the start of a VERY long week.

Lots of marathon concerts involving high-school age musicians.

Misery. Hell on Earth.

Well... headin' home, so I can hit the sack and face it all again tomorrow!

:dozey:

ed, IMHO, the last thing you want to do when things *seem* to be heading in the direction you hope they are is force it. It sounds to me that just by being around her and stuff she is slowly getting used to you and letting down her guard. I think it would be a bad mistake to make a move and have everything crash and burn because she isn't ready rather than be a bit more patient and reap the rewards.

yeah, i know, easier said than done. I know I would prefer to have a girlfriend who sorta eased into that position because she wanted to be there than one I had to rush to a decision.

Yeah... Thanks.

That's pretty much how I've been playing it. (And will probably continue to do so...)

On the other hand, I have had opportunities pass me by in the past for waiting too long, or never making a strong enough move and coming across as disinterested (when I was anything but) and end up watching that ship sail away.

I just wish it was easier than all this.

ed, IMHO, the last thing you want to do when things *seem* to be heading in the direction you hope they are is force it. It sounds to me that just by being around her and stuff she is slowly getting used to you and letting down her guard. I think it would be a bad mistake to make a move and have everything crash and burn because she isn't ready rather than be a bit more patient and reap the rewards.

yeah, i know, easier said than done. I know I would prefer to have a girlfriend who sorta eased into that position because she wanted to be there than one I had to rush to a decision.

booooooooooooring, but a solid play....:thmbup1:

On the other hand, I have had opportunities pass me by in the past for waiting too long, or never making a strong enough move and coming across as disinterested (when I was anything but) and end up watching that ship sail away.

Definitely. I'm still kicking myself over not being more agressive this last time. I think the trick is to be absolutely clear about your intentions but never to be pushy. You have to find the balance.

I probably would have made a much stronger move before this, had she not already expressed several times (publicly) that she is currently not interested in dating or a relationship right now.

I guess I can only hope to win her trust to the point where she re-thinks that stance.

She obviously already trusts me enough to spend all day alone with me in her apartment sorting through all her stuff without acting creeped out about it... so I suppose that's something.

But I also don't really want us to become so comfortable around each other that it could never go anywhere else, either... unless that is REALLY my only option. (That there never was a chance for it to ever be anything else...)

I guess that is what I need the answer to.

my 20" Widescreen is now my off monitor.

my main is now a 23" Hi-Def monitor!

Advantage: HDMI input for my xbox 360. full 1080p!

Aw! come on K!

you one upping me cus i've upgraded to my 20in XP

unless you want to support the 'Kookee gets a dual screen setup' fund XD

did a buncha pushups today then went out and got my mom a birthday card and coffee.

now im gonna call up my friend and see if he wants to tackle that mountain by his place before we head over to the freak show (aka wayne county fair).

Archived