Home

Is a MI2:SE possible at all?

Laserschwert

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dom said he had three 4-hour sessions. Is 12 hours enough time to record both MI 1 and 2?

He also said in an interview that he would be thrilled to return to a MI-game, but sadly that won't happen. And that was already AFTER he had started working on both current MI-projects. Of course he couldn't say IF he had more recording sessions done... they would sue his ass off.

He also said in an interview that he would be thrilled to return to a MI-game, but sadly that won't happen. And that was already AFTER he had started working on both current MI-projects. Of course he couldn't say IF he had more recording sessions done... they would sue his ass off.

Or worse, not ask him back for future games!

You have no idea what their plans are and you're just making stuff up. They could very well be ramping up for another remake as they have hinted numerous times. They may have even already recorded all voices for Monkey Island 2 so as not to waste money on two voice recording sessions. Who knows? Not you, I know that for certain.

You can't honestly think that Lucasarts would've started recording the voices for MI2:SE already. Seriously there is no way they could've worked that quick.

You can't honestly think that Lucasarts would've started recording the voices for MI2:SE already. Seriously there is no way they could've worked that quick.

Well they could easily have worked that quickly, I mean MI1 is supposed to be done. And it only takes a few weeks to record all the voices. But that said I think they are probably being honest when they say that they are not currently working on any more Special Editions until they see how this one does.

No, I don't think they have.

I'm just saying that whatever Dom says, it can't be an indication. Either he says "no" because they haven't done anything, or he says "no" because he's not allowed to. Either way... we... just... don't... know.

I don't think either way since I obviously don't work there, but it's very possible. Voice recording sessions probably don't take that long for budget projects such as these. I would doubt people are constantly redoing lines, especially since Monkey Island 1 and 2 both don't have tons of dialogue outside of the trees. Dom had to fly out from the east coast to record, so if they wanted to they could have knocked it all out. It's not like the dialogue for Monkey Island 2 is waiting to be written.

I wouldn't put it past Lucasarts, you seem to have completely forgotten that they recorded the full voices for Sam and Max Freelance Police only a half a year to a year before it's cancellation.

Buddy when Sam and Max Freelance Police was annoucned I was about 7 years old. How the hell am I going to remember that? I didn't even know about Sam and Max by then.

Besides they should tell us these things more often instead of giving us hints all the time, which usually leads to a bunch of speculation. We don't even know whether SOMI:SE will be downloaded enough to give Lucasarts motivation for MI2:SE. There are lots of gamers who never even heard of Monkey Island. These gamers would be Xbox 360 owners such as myself (except I know about Monkey Island and other adventure games). Most 360 owners are probably to busy looking out for a new Halo map pack or COD:World At War DLC. On PC it will be more successful because Monkey Island grew up on the PC and gamers growing up in the late 80s and early 90s would've surely have heard of this game. At this moment we can't just speculate and assume about these sort of things. We have to wait and see if it is officially annoucned by LucasArts. Basically when they annouce MI2:SE then I'll start believing that they can start making Special Editions of their classic adventure games. We don't even know if this could be a one time thing.

But the average age of a gamer is apparently much higher than you think: mid-30s! Plus, we 30 year olds have all the money... :)

I'm 13 and I have no money so I don't think I'll be getting SOMI:SE anytime soon for my PC or 360. On an unrelated note: No offense but I hate it when adults get involved in things like Xbox LIVE. A kid like me can't go in a COD4 match without a 30 year old yelling at everyone about kids and sh*t. They complain about how they hate having kids in matches and how annoying they are. Here is a brief but accurate summary:"OMFG why are you kids playing this f*cking game?! Jesus you kids ruin everything. This game is rated M not T so GTFO and go to your mom or some sh*t." It gets worse when they start threatening you for talking back. Other than some adults taking games too seriously I have no problem with adult gamers.

Also the reason I hate speculating and assuming is because I think it does us no good. All we do is keep guessing and guessing until the game comes out. Personally I'm just not that kind of person to assume and guess. I don't like rumors about games and I'm sorry if it seems like I'm squashing your fun. I just find it annoying to have a bunch of rumors about a game. It just gets ridiculous sometimes with the rumors people keep on gathering up.

The ONLY time I'll ever speculate about a game like this would be when LucasArts or Telltale Games announce Monkey Island 5 (no I'm not talking about TOMI! That is set AFTER MI5).

Heh, you really shouldn't be playing M-rated games if you're only 13. You really don't have a case there...

But anyway, what does it matter whether we speculate or not? We don't mean to start rumours but even if we do the truth will come out sooner or later anyway and set everything right. It's not doing any harm. If you don't like it than don't read/participate in the thread.

Heh, you really shouldn't be playing M-rated games if you're only 13. You really don't have a case there...

But anyway, what does it matter whether we speculate or not? We don't mean to start rumours but even if we do the truth will come out sooner or later anyway and set everything right. It's not doing any harm. If you don't like it than don't read/participate in the thread.

I'm just sharing my opinion about this whole speculation thing. Listen I don't want any trouble, I'm just saying we shouldn't assume if MI2:SE is even in the works. For all we know they're probably too busy with SOMI:SE and perfecting it. Besides if they were doing MI2:SE (I'm not saying they are) why would they schedule SOMI:SE for release in mid-summer?

On to the M-rated thing. To be honest the ESRB ratings are a joke. You're telling me that I can't play this game just because a character says f*ck one time?! Or maybe there is alot of blood? To be honest its not like COD4 is going to inspire to join the army or like GTA is going to turn me into a criminal. Even if I'm a 13 year old that doesn't excuse the fact that 30 year olds on Xbox LIVE or in a computer game get to curse at me and threaten me.

Besides if age is such an important thing in society how come they get to show off Iraq War footage on the news? To be honest I don't care about the rating system and besides M-rated games always seemed to effect older people around 17 years or older. Example: The Columbine Shootings of the 1990s. The two shooters were influenced by the game DOOM. Both were seventeen. Finally the reason I play M-rated games is because I know I'm not stupid enough to do the things I do in GTA IV in real life. I got to much to live for.

I can understand that we speculate in order to talk about a game and discuss it, I'm fine with that. Sometimes however things get a little out of control with all of the rumors going about. Let me tell you something. I'm an anxious person, I hate assuming and guessing. I just want to know the truth. This speculation about MI2:SE does me some harm because I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing. I have a realistic outlook about these things. I guess I get it from being let down so much in the past.

I'm sorry if I have offended you or annoyed in anyway MusiclyInspired. I recognize your right to speculate or assume about a game. Again sorry if I annoyed you in some way.

I hate it when they do that too. You ask them a direct question about their game and they answer "We're not so sure about that." or "We just can't answer that right now." Is it really that hard to just say "I don't know." to that direct question? I just want a yes or a no. That is all.

On to the M-rated thing. To be honest the ESRB ratings are a joke. Your telling me that I can't play this game just because a character says f*ck one time?! Or maybe there is alot of blood? To be honest its not like COD4 is going to inspire to join the army or like GTA is going to turn me into a criminal. Even if I'm a 13 year old that doesn't excuse the fact that 30 year olds on Xbox LIVE or in a computer game get to curse at me and threaten me.

Besides if age is such an important thing in society how come they get to show off Iraq War footage on the news? To be honest I don't care about the rating system and besides M-rated games always seemed to effect older people around 17 years or older. Example: The Columbine Shootings of the 1990s. The two shooters were influenced by the game DOOM. Both were seventeen. Finally the reason I play M-rated games is because I know I'm not stupid enough to do the things I do in GTA IV in real life. I got to much to live for.

Relax. I'm not trying to tell you anything. I'm just saying older players being annoyed by younger players playing a game meant for older players is justified and you should expect it and not complain about it. I don't care what games you play. Do whatever you want.

I can understand that we speculate in order to talk about a game and discuss it, I'm fine with that. Sometimes however things get a little out of control with all of the rumors going about. Let me tell you something. I'm an anxious person, I hate assuming and guessing. I just want to know the truth. This speculation about MI2:SE does me some harm because I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing. I have a realistic outlook about these things. I guess I get it from being let down so much in the past.

I guess we older folks (somewhat) have the ability not to get our hopes up despite all the speculations and rumours we start, which is the big difference :D.

I'm sorry if I have offended you or annoyed in anyway MusiclyInspired. I recognize your right to speculate or assume about a game. Again sorry if I annoyed you in some way.

I'm not annoyed or offended. I'm just saying don't let what we do bother you.

I'm sorry if I came off as a bit defensive and rash (I'm a teenager after all). I still don't agree with what your saying about the the older gamers vs younger gamers thing but I guess your entitled to your opinion. Actually I think I've gotten quite a bit off the topic here.

I wonder if LucasArts will have a little sit down about MI2:SE eventually. That much I can hope for.

Archived